Disney Cruise Line will further relax mask usage on its ships effective March 11

RememberWhen

Back to the original topic: we had a late February cruise on the Dream and weren’t at all bothered by the masks. I will say it would have been nice to get more inside pictures without masks, but generally everyone seemed to comply with the rules and didn’t have an attitude. But there were only 1600 people on our sailing, so maybe everyone was just so happy to have extra space that they couldn’t be bothered to complain about masking. It doesn’t seem unreasonable for DCL to loosen up at this point. And they seem to be doing it carefully (still requiring masks on unvaccinated kids in the kid club).

216bruce

We are sailing 3/21 and I hope that the port debarkation testing is gone by then. The thought of a year's worth of waiting, travel to the port and the "what if" of a pos test for any of us is crazy anxiety producing. They should open a bar in the waiting area.

RememberWhen

We are sailing 3/21 and I hope that the port debarkation testing is gone by then. The thought of a year's worth of waiting, travel to the port and the "what if" of a pos test for any of us is crazy anxiety producing. They should open a bar in the waiting area.
The testing was super nerve wracking. We had a group of 17, and we rapid tested everyone the night before, but we were still anxious. But getting that “cleared to sail” notice was pretty awesome!

ChuckElias

My wife and I sailed on a non-DCL ship in January, and all of the testing prior to our departure, including the test at the port prior to boarding was incredibly stressful. It was probably the worst part of the whole experience. We were able to sail, but it was indeed nerve-wracking.

RememberWhen

We were on the Dream 2/21-25. There was an actual line for the two pools. They capped how many people could be in at once. I think it was 12 or 13, so the line was often long. You got to swim until the lifeguard blew their whistle then everyone got out and the next group got in. It seemed okay to me, but the kids did get frustrated when they had to wait a few rounds.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

As of July 18, 2022, CDC’s COVID-19 Program for Cruise Ships is no longer in effect and this page will no longer be updated. New guidance for cruise ships to mitigate and manage COVID-19 transmission will be available in the coming days. For more information, please see the cruise travel Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).​

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom