Disney Cruise Line Takes Helm of Disney Dream......

WDWmazprty

Original Poster
Check it out:

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2010/12/disney-cruise-line-takes-helm-of-disney-dream/

post-corners-top.png

bg-avatar.png

Disney Cruise Line Takes Helm of Disney Dream

posted on December 10th, 2010 by Christi Erwin Donnan, Manager of Public Affairs, Disney Cruise Line

bg-post-top.png

Disney Cruise Line took delivery of its newest ship, Disney Dream, from the Meyer Werft shipyard this week in Bremerhaven, Germany. The traditional maritime ceremony included the lowering of the Meyer Werft flag and raising of the Disney Cruise Line flag on the mast of the ship. Captain Mickey, Donald Duck and the crew members of the Disney Dream joined the celebration.

As part of the event, president of Disney Cruise Line, Karl Holz, and managing partner of Meyer Werft, Bernard Meyer, signed the official documents transferring ownership of the Disney Dream from the shipbuilder to Disney.

The milestone officially closes the book on the ship’s construction journey, and signals its readiness to welcome guests on its maiden voyage, set for January 26, 2011, from Port Canaveral, Fla.

Captain Tom Forberg will now take the helm of the Disney Dream for Disney Cruise Line. Soon the ship will set sail from Bremerhaven on a transatlantic voyage, and will arrive at its home in Port Canaveral on January 4, 2011.

sweetpee_1993

We aren't cruise people but I enjoyed the little read. Thanks!:wave:

I wonder if any Disney uppity-ups and/or families will be on that initial Transatlantic jaunt. Imagine having that ship even with minimal facilities or amenities virtually to yourself. Even with a couple hundred people it would feel empty. :)

DisneyJoe

I wonder if any Disney uppity-ups and/or families will be on that initial Transatlantic jaunt. Imagine having that ship even with minimal facilities or amenities virtually to yourself. Even with a couple hundred people it would feel empty.

It wouldn't surprise me - and they have a few other chances too as there are 2 pre-inaugural cruises (inaugural is January 26, they have one cruise sailing January 21 for 2 nights (some children recently won a trip on this one), followed by a 3-night sailing on January 23-26....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom