Disney Cruise Line named the company with the best customer service

Notes from Neverland

Original Poster
Saw a post about Disney Cruise Line being named the company with the best overall customer service. I'm not sure how some of these companies can be compared, but I fully agree that DCL does a great job. The wait staff alone does such a great job that DCL deserves to be on the list.

My hope is that the rest of Disney sees the recognition DCL is getting and works to move in that direction.

Surfin' Tuna

My constant fear is that the cruise line sees what "service" the parks/hotels get away with and slacks a bit. DCL won us from other lines with their great service, though.

lostpro9het

My constant fear is that the cruise line sees what "service" the parks/hotels get away with and slacks a bit. DCL won us from other lines with their great service, though.

I think, and hope, that how DCL cares about thier guest’s opinions will be the deciding factor. DCL is adamant about their customer surveys and CMs remind you of that during the cruise. WDW, IMO, doesn’t put as much stock in guest satisfaction but rather guest spending ventures. The park CMs with the ipads and subsequent email surveys, from my experience, don’t hit on guest satisfaction like the DCL surveys do. That said, Disney likes milking cash cows and DCL has made small changes to increase customer spending like the alcohol policy change, increases on palo, remy and drink classes, and could continue to nickel and dime a la WDW. All we can do is enjoy it as long as we can before they screw it up.

lostpro9het

Isn't it sad that this is how we have to live our lives in 2019? That being said, we're going in two weeks, so I plan to do just that!
Naw, none of this stuff truly matters. These are frivolous things we are going on about. If you ask me, you’re living your 2019 life in an awesome way by spending time with yor family! Does it really matter if its in a boat or not? Im sure you’re gonna have a great time.

Surfin' Tuna

Naw, none of this stuff truly matters. These are frivolous things we are going on about. If you ask me, you’re living your 2019 life in an awesome way by spending time with yor family! Does it really matter if its in a boat or not? Im sure you’re gonna have a great time.
You know what? You're absolutely right. Sometimes that gets lost on us, but I appreciate it when someone slaps some sense into me! We are blessed to be able to go on cruises and to the parks as often as we do. Those times and any time with the family are special times that no one should take for granted. Life is short!

aliceismad

I think, and hope, that how DCL cares about thier guest’s opinions will be the deciding factor. DCL is adamant about their customer surveys and CMs remind you of that during the cruise. WDW, IMO, doesn’t put as much stock in guest satisfaction but rather guest spending ventures. The park CMs with the ipads and subsequent email surveys, from my experience, don’t hit on guest satisfaction like the DCL surveys do. That said, Disney likes milking cash cows and DCL has made small changes to increase customer spending like the alcohol policy change, increases on palo, remy and drink classes, and could continue to nickel and dime a la WDW. All we can do is enjoy it as long as we can before they screw it up.
I think all of the cruise lines are raising prices on things like drinks, dining, gratuity, etc.. I do wonder how DCL compares it's product both with other cruise lines vs. with Disney land-based vacations in terms of both prices and customer service.

We've had good to great service on RCI and CCL, but I've always wanted to try DCL.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
The parks could learn a lot from the level of service DCL provides. We went on the DVC member cruise last July. And a few months later on one of the Halloween cruises stayed on the same deck on the same area. Our cabin attendant saw me in the hallway as we were entering our room after they opened them up. He remembered me, by name, from our July trip. That's service.

EOD K9

The parks could learn a lot from the level of service DCL provides. We went on the DVC member cruise last July. And a few months later on one of the Halloween cruises stayed on the same deck on the same area. Our cabin attendant saw me in the hallway as we were entering our room after they opened them up. He remembered me, by name, from our July trip. That's service.
I was on that same one. We had three members of the dining team remember us from two and three years ago. They weren't on our dining team, but they were in our rotation. They made sure to stop by. We also made it a point to see them at Royal Palace during lunch service. They were awesome!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom