Disney Cruise Line Excursion Reviews

Ralphlaw

Well, we did it. Booked the 7 mediterranean cruise for June 7, 2014, but I'm getting led to take it to the 12 day med cruise the following week from Barcelona to Venice. Booked it on the Fantasy with someone named Jelena, who didn't have much of a sense of humor. Too bad it wasn't Guy.

ChuckElias

This is from my most recent trip report:

We chose the Chocchoben Mayan Ruins excursion [in Costa Maya]. We felt lucky, because all of the watercraft excursions were cancelled, due to the rough seas. "Chocchoben" means "red corn" in Mayan. This excursion was a 1 hour bus ride to the ruins site, then a 2 hour tour of the site, then a half hour for shopping before the hour-long drive back to the port. It was VERY interesting. Lots of great information from our very knowledgeable guide, Lisbeth. I really enjoyed the excursion, but I would not recommend it for families with small children under the age of 13 or so. There was very little to hold a child's attention, except possibly for climbing on the ruins, which is only about a half hour or so of the tour. Additionally, as much as I liked the excursion, it was just too long. We reported to the theater at 12:25 (before "all ashore") and get back at 5:40 (after "all aboard"). Because we got back to the ship so late, we had to rush to dinner.

DSCN5191_zpsf6c2f8f0.jpg

DSCN5207_zps1c3b2fb6.jpg

DSCN5227_zps499dffe6.jpg

Bolna

Cozumel - Fury Catamaran

We had a hard time deciding what to do in Cozumel and finally settled on this one as it was a combination of snorkelling and beach time.

Our excursion started at 9:45 am, it was supposed to be 3 to 3.5 hours. After meeting in the Walt Disney Theater we were lead to the catamaran that was docked along the same pier as the Disney Wonder, so only a 3-5 minute walk away.

Upon boarding we each got vest, mask, snorkel and fins and then the catamaran circled around the Wonder (great photo opportunities) down the coast line to the snorkel spot. We passed the Carnival Dream and then stopped actually not too far beyond the Carnival ship.

There were instructions on what to do if you needed assistance and then we were lead into the water. We were instructed to jump from the side of the boat, but later I saw people using the stairs to get into the water. One of the crew members lead us along but there were plenty of other crew members around. I am not at all a snorkel expert, but I thought we did see lots of fish and also the ground was interesting. Of course there were quite a few people around us, but I did not feel crowded and I am easily annoyed by crowds. For a first time snorkeler in Caribbean waters like me it was a fantastic experience. I am not sure how long we were in the water, I would guess any time between 30 minutes and an hour, but for me time passed very quickly and I enjoyed it a lot. At one point I managed to lose my snorkel, but when I gave a sign, a crew member came over and got me the snorkel back by diving down.

When it was time to get back on board there was a photographer taking pictures of people swimming back towards the catamaran. We did not really understand what was happening and our picture looked very strange, but I saw pictures of others that looked really good. So if that is your type of thing, make sure to have your family together when you approach the boat after the snorkelling.

Once back on board, they started to hand out drinks, it was water, pepsi, some citrus soda, maragaritas and beer. The same drinks were available at the beach and then also on the way back after the beach. I thought the maragaritas were good, but not very strong.

At the beach there was another catamaran with people from the Carnival ship. But the private beach was still not at all crowded with the two catamarans. The beach is a private beach, but from what I read on the website, I kind of expected a secluded spot. It was not that at all. You could see that there were other neighbouring beaches all along the coastline. Still, it was a very nice spot with wonderful water and we even saw some more fish there. They sell burgers there and some trinkets. The drinks are all included. If you want to use the facilities, I would recommend to head there as soon as you get to the beach. They are not luxurious at all and a number of people using them when wet and full of sand did not make them nicer or cleaner.

They do have these inflatable water toys in the water that you can use as a slide or trampoline or just to climb them. I think they are ugly, but they did not distract too much from my beach experience. And a lot of people seemed to enjoy them.

Once it was time to head back, they walked along the beach collecting everyone. Getting off and on the catamaran at the beach involved wading through the water for a bit. I am not sure how deep the water was, but I think it was definitely over my knees, maybe even waist deep.

On the trip back they were playing party music and tried to encourage people to dance and they were coming around with more drinks all the time. They never pushed the alcoholic ones and often had a selection of everything in their hands and if you told them that you would like a water, they would happily bring you one.

Once we got back we realised that it was already 2:45 pm, so the excursion was much longer than advertised. I am not sure whether that is common or not. For us this was great as we had enjoyed all our time there. But for someone with other plans that might be a bit of a problem.

Overall we thought we had gotten good value for our money and had a fantastic time on this excursion. I would not hesitate to do it again as I really liked the combination of snorkelling and beach time.

Finally a few pictures:

DSC00164.jpg

DSC00193.jpg

DSC00200.jpg

DSC00197.jpg

Raven66

We are hoping to take a cruise next year. Have any of you cruisers tried the snuba excursion? It looks like fun and just want to get some feedback. Thanks!

jme

Nassau
Blue Lagoon Island Sea Lion Encounter

This excursion seems to be overlooked in favor of the ultra-popular Dolphin Encounter, and I think it's a shame. It's a really nice excursion, and a nice change of pace, especially for those repeat cruisers who are Nassau-ed out. When we did this excursion, we were the only 2 people doing it, so we got a little extra time with the sea lions and got a few extra personal moments. While this may not always be the case, it is a nice perk of this being a less-popular option.
This excursion (like all others located on Blue Lagoon) starts with a short walk through the Nassau welcoming center to a ferry that will take you to the private Blue Lagoon island, a trip that takes about a half hour.

Once on the island you will follow the platforms and paths past the dolphin areas towards the back of the island where the sea lions reside. You will then have a trainer give a presentation on the sea lion, during which you will learn some neat facts like how to tell them apart from seals. After this you will suit up in a wetsuit (you can decline this, but the water can be pretty chilly depending on time of year) and follow your trainer into the water and have a personal encounter with one of the female sea lions. The water interaction lasts about half an hour, and includes a few tricks, handshakes, petting and of course a kiss. They will take some photos of you and your party posing with the sea lion in the water - and the entire thing is filmed by a trainer. Unfortunately you are not allowed to bring your own cameras so you'll have to pay for their photos and videos if you want them.
We opted for a package that included the DVD, some photos, and keychains/magnets. It was kind of pricey but about what you'd expect to pay. Since we were the only ones in the video we figured why not.

Like the other Blue Lagoon packages, you are free to stay on the island and enjoy their private beach which is pretty nice and typically less crowded than most other Bahamas beach options. And now for the photos - none of the professional ones, just some we took of the sea lions after our encounter.

ivMTteP.jpg

Q4GglR7.jpg

And one of the beach (taken as we left on the ferry back to Nassau)
ywErTmt.jpg

Ralphlaw

We're going on the 12 day Mediterranean cruise in June, and we've been looking at the Adventure By Disney that goes with it. Has anyone here ever done it. It ain't cheap, about $3,000 per person, but we're more concerned about 2 things:

(1) Doing too much. The itinerary looks pretty ambitious, and I have a 7 year old in tow.
(2) It looks like we won't be going to Pompei in Naples or St. Peter's Basilica at the Vatican, which are two of the biggest reasons we booked this trip.

In any event, we probably won't do it, but does anyone have any thoughts on this? Flexibility to hit Pompei and St. Peters? Am I reading this wrong? Is it really a super busy schedule?
Thanks in advance.

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
We're going on the 12 day Mediterranean cruise in June, and we've been looking at the Adventure By Disney that goes with it. Has anyone here ever done it. It ain't cheap, about $3,000 per person, but we're more concerned about 2 things:

(1) Doing too much. The itinerary looks pretty ambitious, and I have a 7 year old in tow.
(2) It looks like we won't be going to Pompei in Naples or St. Peter's Basilica at the Vatican, which are two of the biggest reasons we booked this trip.

In any event, we probably won't do it, but does anyone have any thoughts on this? Flexibility to hit Pompei and St. Peters? Am I reading this wrong? Is it really a super busy schedule?
Thanks in advance.

I haven't done it, but I have heard GREAT things about it. People loved it!

FlyTriPacer

Nassau

Seaworld Explorer Semi-Submersible

This was our 2nd Disney cruise and 3rd time in Nassau. The non-Disney cruise we did a snorkeling excursion and our last Disney we did the Ardastra Gardens and City Tour (which was enjoyable too). Now back to our review...
I don't have any pictures of the exterior of the ship and only a couple from the inside, but I got a few from the trip to/from.
The excursion starts before you leave the "fence" at the port. You exit through a gate and board the transfer boat (only this excursion uses this boat) to the Seaworld Explorer. Here's a picture as we are leaving the port area:
Disney 16th BDay 2013 Waterproof 022.JPG

We passed Atlantis and a few other local landmarks along the route:
Disney 16th BDay 2013 Waterproof 026.JPG

Disney 16th BDay 2013 Waterproof 029.JPG
Disney 16th BDay 2013 Waterproof 032.JPG

The last picture is a fort (forget the name) that was about adjacent to where we transferred to the Explorer.

You board the Explorer and are led down below to the viewing area where there is a row of seats on each side with windows for seat:

Disney 16th BDay 2013 Waterproof 038.JPG
Disney 16th BDay 2013 Waterproof 039.JPG

Once loaded the guide comes down and talks (naming fish, info on the Bahamas, etc) you through the trip. They move to 3 different areas and at each stop along the reef fish attractants (bread on our day) and this does a good job bringing fish into the windows:

Disney 16th BDay 2013 Waterproof 046.JPG
Disney 16th BDay 2013 Waterproof 050.JPG

The total time on the reef was about 45mins with an additional 15-20 mins to & from the transfer spot and 15-20 mins to & from port.

The water was a little choppy that day because it was raining and windy the whole day. My wife is prone to motion sickness (wasn't bothered on the Dream) and was okay while we were looking at the fish, but she started getting green on the way back to the transfer location. The guide was topside, so I walked her up and she sat topside and was fine then. There is a restroom (nobody in my family used so I can't comment, but figure it's a typical boat head...don't expect much).

It was a good deal and I didn't hear anybody on our excursion complain about the trip. I heard only good things during the ride and transfers. Would I do it again, sure. Would I do it on my next cruise to Nassau, probably not because I still have things I want to see, plus I want to do the Ardastra Gardens again too.

If you have any specific questions, let me know and I'll do my best to answer.

Chad

WishIWasAtWDW

Costa Maya Salsa & Salsa

When my husband and I booked a Western Caribbean cruise on the Disney Fantasy, I was ecstatic to see the Costa Maya Salsa & Salsa excursion. I absolutely LOVE salsa (the food) so I was so excited to see an excursion in Mexico where we could learn to make salsa.

File0459.jpg

Our guide Francisco leading the way to our excursion transportation

We met our excursion group in DLounge at 12:30. After disembarking the ship, it was a quick 15-minute ride to a beachfront restaurant for the excursion. The covered patio is set up with numerous tables and chairs set for four with a beautiful view of the ocean. Everyone, of legal drinking age, was given drink tickets to order sodas, beer or margaritas. Wes and I decided to start with some blue margaritas and then switched to beer. The margaritas were good but were not as strong as we would have liked. We realized that if we really wanted to get our money's worth with drinks, we should have started with beer. We would need a little liquid courage to get up and salsa dance later in the excursion.

File0468.jpg

File0470.jpg

Blue Margaritas

File0481.jpg

File0484.jpg

They gave us these nifty chef hats, too! :p

During our excursion, we made two types of salsa and guacamole. One of us did the chopping, while the other one handled the muddling (a.k.a. smashed the ingredients together). Our guide, Francisco, did a wonderful job instructing us on how to make the salsas. He was informative but also very entertaining. And even better, the salsas we made were very tasty! After we ate enough chips and salsa to fill our heart’s content, we were given a few minutes before we started our salsa dancing lessons.

Some tables were moved out of the way to create a dance floor and a handful of us followed Francisco’s step-by-step instructions on learning the salsa. We were taught four different steps and it was actually pretty fun. This was the one part of the excursion my husband was not looking forward to but the liquid courage really helped him have a good time! After our salsa-dancing lesson, there was time for some relaxation on the beach. There was also a piñata so the kiddos could have some fun.

File0495.jpg

File0496.jpg

The excursion lasted about 3 hours. There were only two kids at our excursion, and although it looked like they enjoyed themselves during the piñata party, they seemed a little bored during the salsa and salsa portions. I would recommend considering this excursion if you don’t have any kids in your party. Not that kids wouldn’t enjoy it, but it seems a little more adult-friendly. If you love salsa (the food) the way I do, I recommend this excursion!

englanddg

One Little Spark...
<note, these are from my trip report. I will be modifying this later to be an informational review rather than a blog style ramble>

Dolphinarus is an interesting place, and not what I expected at all. First, it's right in the heart of the metropolitan coast of Cozumel. Really, only a few blocks from the Port. In fact, we could have walked there in about the same time the Taxis took (and with less heartburn).

It is much smaller than I expected when we first got off, but this is decieving. Once you get back into the facility, it's actually a decent size. I had run into some people who did the Dolphin Swim in Costa Maya yesterday and they complained that the facility was small and the water was dirty...so I was a bit worried.

While I can't claim first hand experience of what they have at Costa Maya, I can say I am pleased to report that Dolphinarus is a very clean and well run facility. The staff, for the most part, are friendly and observant of the guests. Sure, some (like the lady at the cart) look bored, but then again...minding the souvanier cart all day must be boring. The locker lady likewise wasn't very outgoing, and the cashier in the Photo Lab (I'll get into that later) was flat out rude. But, everyone else was awesome, so I can overlook all this. Those few stick in the muds really didn't impact our experience at all!

Now, if I did have one serious gripe, it's that you get absolutely no direction from the staff on how this is going to work once you get there. I understood later why they do this, but for now, just put yourself in my shoes at the time...a facility I am not familiar with, and process that I really have no clue about outside of the very short description on the DisneyCruise.com website...in fact, all I really know is that I have a wristband and we are supposed to go swim with a Dolphin.

So, we sort of followed the herd who arrived with us, who, as it turns out, also had no idea what they should do. Immeadiately to the front after you pass through the turnstyle and have your wristband checked is a large patio with tables. They look like restaurant tables, with condiments in the middle and all. This struck me as odd, because I didn't see any waiters or food being served, or even drinks...so I thought that maybe, in a previous life, this facility was a restaurant with an ocean view or something.

People began to claim tables with their towels from the Fantasy, and from here you could see what we all had come for. The Dolphins in their pools. Current meet / swim with the Dolphin shows were being done, and we all got a good view of what we were in for, plus added fun. The dolphins jumped and swam and played together. Two of the side pools had dolphins that appeared to be off today (or on break, turns out they were on break) and they were actually even more fun to watch. They played with each other, tapped floating balls, etc.

The kid and I thoroughly enjoyed what we saw (though, I was still confused as to what we were supposed to do next). We talked about sonar, and I shared what little I know about Dolphins as she asked various questions. So, as an aside, and to get a bit serious here for a moment...I watched a movie called "The Cove" a few months ago, and this weighed in the back of my mind. I wondered, how many of these Dolphins came from Japan? Were they well treated here?

Now, I'm no Dolphin expert, but they did seem to be rather happy. The pens had plenty of room, and you could see that they had extra pens that were empty, and all the pens interconnected with obviously removable gates...I assume they open these up for times when the place is closed to give the Dolphins free time to wander through them all. I don't know this for sure, and it's really none of my business...but it is something that I thought about, so I am sharing it here.

Eventually I guessed we were in the wrong spot (we were, we were at the exit), and looking around for clumps of people, I noticed that the facility is much larger than I thought originally. There's a small walkway just to the right as you enter the facility that takes you over to showers, lockers, one of the empty pens I spoke of, another bay (which I later learned is the maternity bay, and they have two adolecents in there), a covered staging area and life jacket dispensary, and a quaint refreshment bar.

I noticed a small kiosk. This is where you can rent towels (we had brought some from the Fantasy, so no need) and a locker (which I recommend). Lockers are $3. You will be asked to surrender Photo ID in exchange for the key. I felt a bit anxious giving away my Passport Card, but <shrug>, I really wanted a locker key!

The lockers are well sized, and easily held our towels, my daypack, the kid's dress, etc. They key comes on a lanyard, which is very convenient for the upcoming experience. As a note, you are not allowed to bring anything into the pools except for your personal googles. That is it. So, leave your waterproof cameras at home, etc...because they won't be allowed. Partially for the safety of the dolphins, partially for your safety, and partically because they have a profit motive (which I'll get into later).

We wandered down to where the lifejackets are, and one of the staff pulled us aside and informed us we would be in bay 3, which she wrote on our wriststrap with a permanent marker. Then we went and got fitted for lifejackets and hung out and watched the dolphins. About 10 minutes later, it was time to head down to meet our flippery new friends!

After a short safety lecture from one of the trainers, we were split into our respective groups. One group was of younger children (4 - 6 or so, I'd guess) who were going to do the shallow water Dolphin Meet, and the other two groups were doing Dolphin Swims. We were introduced to our trainer / guide, Thomas. Thomas was awesome. As is usual, I've found at least so far in Mexico, the first question is "English or Spanish". I'd do ok if he was all Spanish (and, about half the presentation was in Spanish or he'd say both things). One family in our group only spoke Spanish.

The pool is divided into three sections. The deepest section is the domain of the Dolphins, and is about 20 feet deep. Next is a ledge that is about 4 to 4.5 feet deep. This is where the "swim with the Dolphin" experiences happen. Lastly, there's a ledge that's about 6 inches deep. This is where the meet with the Dolphin" people go.

This was a bit deep for my daughter, even though she's been working on her floating, paddling, kicking and submerging all week long to get ready for this experience. I am not sure what I had expected, but it wasn't quite as deep in the "meeting area" as this! Certainly not a 20 foot drop-off! I began to get a bit concerned that perhaps I had overestimated my kid's ability to do this. I don't want to be the sort of parent that forces her into experiences she is not ready for. The whole way in I kept asking "are you ok?"...She confirmed every time that she was, so we kept on.

Well, it turns out, as soon as she realized that her feet wouldn't touch the sandy ledge, even though there was a ledge to hold on to, she began to get a bit nervous. And when playful dolphins started to check us out (curious, no doubt), she got even more anxious. Nervous is the wrong word. I could see it in her eyes, she was a few minor steps away from all out panic. But, I held on to her and propper her up on my leg and whispered in her ear to calm down, and that helped...some. There were quite a few points during the experience that I thought about sitting it out, or indicating that we couldn't really participate. I don't want to cause a scene for the trainer or ruin other Guest's time here because my kid is freaking out about salt-water!

But, luckily, Tomas (our trainer / host) was quite adept with dealing with this sort of thing, and gave me ample time to calm her down while he continued the experience, out of order, skipping around us between sessions so she had time to calm down.

In the end, she did the whole experience, and she didn't break down (though, she did have a few close calls where I thought she might!) I was quite proud of her.

She floated out into the 20 foot water with me, and though she probably doesn't realize it, she was treading water by herself. I merely had my hand resting on the back of her lifejacket. I wasn't providing much in the way of beauancy.

Our Dolphin friends today were Aphrodite and Hermes (loving the Greek names! This from a guy who used to own a cat named Aristophanes (if you don't know who he is, google will help). They were great fun. Aphrodite is 28 months old and Hermes is 14. Obviously, Hermes was the most playful, but both were amazing to meet.

So, first we all lined up against the wall and our new friends swam by and said hello. We got to touch them on the back and sometimes they'd turn over and let us pat their belly. Our trainer warned never to grab them or to touch near their eyes, mouth (unless instructed to, we'll get to that in a moment) or blowholes (common sense, you would think...but, maybe not).

Then we got to shake hands with the Dolphins. You would float about 5 feet out from the ledge and put both hands on your life jacket. The dolphin then swims up and presents his/her pectoral flippers, which then you can touch lightly.

After this, another trainer joined us (I'm sorry, I missed his name) and the group began to do two activities at once. Half the group did "Dolphin Hugs" while the other half got to do their "ride". Then the two groups "switched". If you think about it, this is a pretty smart way to do it. That way, no one in the group gets "bored" and the group is easier to control (and as a result prevent harm to the guests or the dolphins), and it also means one dolphin isn't stuck giving all the "rides". I did my ride first...

Followed by the kid doing her "kiss and hug". In this experience you are instructed to put your hands in a specific signal and wait. The dolphins will kiss your cheek, and then you kiss them...yes, full on lips, on their chin.

And then me doing the same. If you've ever wondered what a Dolphin kiss tastes like...well, it's salty.

For the "hugs" we were instructed to place our palms, hands flat, under their chin and push backwards slightly, basically keeping them from floating or hitting the wall, and then we could pet them.

Now came the big moment. The kid's turn to ride. I was still nervous if she would be able to do this, but Tomas noticed her trepidation earlier, and informed me I could swim out with her, and if she didn't want to ride alone, she could ride on my back. However, the experience so far had melted most of the kiddo's nervous nature about being in water where her feet couldn't touch the ground, and come time for her swim, she wanted to have a go at it on her own.

I swam out with her, and instructed her to hold the pose. Left arm straight out, other arm on her life jacket, I let her go and floated a few inches away. We saw Tomas gesture to the Dolphin to start her run. She flipped on her side, and dove, swimming deep and around our right side and surfacing upside down with her right pectoral fin directly in the kid's hand.

I yelled, grab on to both and hold on tight! She was shocked, but did so.
A few seconds later, she was in Tomas's arms and laughing hysterically

I swam back over and we got to watch a short "farewell" show done by the dolphins with flips, claps and waves. We also got to "sing" with our dolphin. The whole experience lasted around 45 minutes, and I'd say it was well worth it.

Salty, wet, and tired, the groups left the pool and then were led around the campus to the exit. From here, staff members were immediately guiding us into the "photo shop". This is where they really make their money, I suspect (not that I fault them!).

Throughout the experience a photographer and a videographer (or, at least...a gal with a still camera and a guy with an HD camcorder) recorded the experience of all the guests. I must say, I was impressed with the results. We had 50 pictures of us alone, not to mention video. The picture packages range from $69 for 2 pictures (yes, you read that right) to $349 for "unlimited pictures with a DVD". Guess which one I got. :p

I mean, really, this is a once (or at best a few times) in a lifetime experience...and I want every shot I can lay my hands on. As I stated (and you've seen, because ALL of the pictures I posted of the experience (not the venue) are from this collection.

But, it did leave me rather spent (literally), and I didn't want to hang out much longer...but we had to. Once you decide on your package and you let an attendant know, they write you up a ticket (like a restaurant). Then you take this ticket to the cashier, who then charges you (yes, they do take credit cards...though, if you use Amex, the charge is converted to pesos!). Then the cashier gives you a ticket with a claim number on it and informs you that you should come back in 10 - 15 minutes to pick up your merchandise.

So, since we had some time to wait, we decided to go watch the Dolphins again.

While I was paying, the kid had found a nice (and overpriced, but it is nice) Dolphin necklace and earring set for her mother. She felt guilty that the stone Dolphin necklace we bought at Costa Maya she liked so much that she decided she wanted to keep it, instead of giving it to her mother. So, this was a "make up" gift, I suppose.

I appreciated her good intentions, so even though the price was a bit steep, I still went for it. She also wanted to get two stuffed Dolphins that came as a set. One would be hers, and one her sister's, she explained. Again, I went for it.

From there we decided to go back and watch the Dolphins we just swam with in their tank. I noted that they had shut down all tours...it seems this was lunchtime / afternoon break for the Dolphins!

We sat down at the quaint little bar and I ordered a Dos Equis (I needed something to ease the hit my pocketbook just took!) and the kid got a Fanta Orange. We sipped for a while, and the bartender and the kid got into a conversation about Dolphin trivia. For example, Dolphins never sleep. When half their brain gets tired, the other half wakes up and takes over while that half sleeps, and vice versa. As a result, Dolphins never sleep. I don't know if this is true or not, but it sounds plausible, and would explain a lot!

After burning all that energy swimming and propping up the kid, I was famished. I hadn't intended on getting a meal here (I was offered to stay and eat as we exited the show). I had thought, meh, this will be poorly prepared food and overpriced. I'll skip it.

Man, am I glad I changed my mind. The food was awesome! And VERY reasonably priced (as was the beer / sodas).

I got a steak burrito. It came with homemade guacamole, fresh sour cream, shredded queso fresco, rice with steamed chopped carrots (interesting combo), and black refried beans. They also included dish of extra sides, including pico de gallo (also fresh), extra sour cream, and chimmicurri sauce (with appropriate bite to it...lovely, just lovely!).

This was a great ending for the experience. Sitting there at this quaint little bar while the kid watched the dolphins eating great food and sipping a cold beer with fresh lime squeezed in it.

If you do this experience, I'd recommend not skipping the restaurant. It's fantastic.

They also have "Americanized" items on it, like burgers, fries and chicken nuggets. Guess what the kid ordered...Chicken Nuggets!

I sort of wish I'd been there with another adult, because they had a sampler for $27 that included pretty much every Mexican dish on the menu...but, seeing as how, unlike a cow, I only have one stomach, I stuck with my burrito, which was both satisfying and filling.

We ended up hanging out here for an hour and a half (an hour and a half longer than I had expected) just soaking up the atmosphere. Since they had stopped tours, and most of the tourists had left (there was one other family who had hung around afterwards with us...when I struck up conversation, apparently they had done it before, and discovered what I just did as well), the kid got a lot of attention from trainers (including Tomas) who answered her questions, etc.

Of course, they wouldn't let us back near the Dolphins, but she and her new friend (the kid of the other family who stuck around) enjoyed yelling questions down to the trainers as they fed the Dolphins, and she even got a semi-private show when two of the Dolphins decided they were in a playful mood.

New groups started to show up, and I decided it was time to call it a day. It was only a bit after 2p, but we'd already had a full and active day, and I wanted to be sure I had the kid back on the boat before her excitement / energy cracked and she wanted a nap (yeah, after this mornings activities, I was expecting she would!).

Last edited:

tracyandalex

Just wanted to post a short nod to the sea lion excursion at Nassau. My husband and I loved it as did the other families that were with us. Our experience was largely the same as the previous review - small group, lots of time and photos, and awesome.

Last edited:

Kevin P

I have heard there is a chocolate factory tour in Nassau. Has anyone done this?
My family did that, it was really interesting to see how they make it at such a small shop. The bus ride from the boat and back was a little stressful, but overall, it was a great experience and would highly recommend anyone with a love of Chocolate (and some extra bucks!!) to take this class to make your own treats and maybe meet the chef herself. I forgot her name but she was on a few of the cooking constest on Bravo network and Food Network, she was from Chicago. She was really kind and super smart about all parts of the sweets making process.

Ralphlaw

We're booking port adventures for our 12 day med cruise from Barcelona to Venice. Any Advice? It will be my wife, me, my teenage son, and 7 year old daughter.

Tidbit

We're booking port adventures for our 12 day med cruise from Barcelona to Venice. Any Advice? It will be my wife, me, my teenage son, and 7 year old daughter.

one bit of advice I can give you is if you want to ride a Gondola in Venice which you totally "have to do!" you better book it with an excursion if they have it otherwise it will cost you a lot of money on your own for a very short ride!

Ok I have another tip......maybe I should do a report on it?! Anyway, Dubrovnik, Croatia "Old Town" is an amazing place to visit, and you can totally do this on your own. Just take a taxi or if they offer a bus transfer to Old Town. It's like 10mins away. They are known for the Medieval wall that surrounds the entire city. You can walk on top of the wall but it cost like $16 american......you will have to exchange your Euro over to Kuna which is there form of payment. It is totally worth the $$$ for the views!! They also have several churches to visit, and also a Monastery next to the entrance of the wall.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom