Disney Cruise Line Celebrates Millionth Guest

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Disney Cruise Line Celebrates Millionth Guest
PORT CANAVERAL, Fla. (Aug. 30) -- To bells and whistles and a blizzard of multi-colored confetti and streamers, a stunned Steven Hitzel of Hopewell, N.J., boarded the Disney Wonder cruise ship and was chosen, along with his family (wife Teri, daughter Nicolette, 8-year-old son Steven and 4-year-old son Jeremy) to help Disney Cruise Line celebrate having hosted a million guests since its launch just three years ago.

The Hitzel family, who were embarking on their first Disney Cruise Line sailing, crossed the gangway and entered the ship’s lobby at 2:02 p.m.

Disney Wonder cruise director Rick Spath greeted the Hitzels and presented them with a complimentary upgrade to a suite with a verandah and a family reunion for 20 on board a future four-night Disney Wonder sailing.

"It’s almost as if it’s magic," said Hitzel, pulling confetti and streamers from his hair. "I can’t believe this is really happening."

In true Disney fashion, Captain Mickey Mouse, First Mate Minnie Mouse, Admiral Goofy, Donald Duck and Pluto were on hand to greet the family, along with dozens of Disney Wonder crew members who lined the upper decks of the atrium lobby and joined in the celebration.

"There are a million reasons for me to be proud of how far we’ve come in just three years," said Disney Cruise Line president Matt Ouimet. "Today is a perfect example of how our cast and crew can create magical moments for our guests that last a lifetime."

For the Hitzel family, it was on to their complimentary suite with a verandah and a three-night Bahamian cruise with port calls at Nassau and Castaway Cay, Disney’s private island. Thursday marked the midway point of their seven-night land/sea vacation that included four nights at the Walt Disney World Resort.

"I think I’m going to be sick," said an excited four-year-old Jeremy.

Since the launch of the Disney Magic in mid-1998 and the Disney Wonder in mid-1999, Port Canaveral has grown into one of the busiest cruise ports in the world. The 2,400-guest Disney ships were the largest to sail out of the port at that time, and today Port Canaveral -- located about an hour east of Orlando and the Walt Disney World Resort -- is a leader in the three- and four-night cruise market.

Disney Cruise Line offers guests an exciting new way to vacation with Disney. In addition to a new alternating seven-night eastern/western Caribbean cruise vacation aboard the Disney Magic, the Disney Wonder offers one-of-a-kind land and sea vacations that combine the fun and excitement of the Walt Disney World Resort with the enchantment of a Disney Cruise Line voyage to the Bahamas. Three- and four-night cruise-only bookings are also available.

To learn more about Disney Cruise Line or to book a Disney Cruise Line vacation, guests can contact their travel agent, visit www.disneycruise.com or call Disney Cruise Line at (888) DCL-2500.

DisneyFreak

Originally posted by mightyduck

I worry that I'd feel like someone had taken me hostage and was driving me around for days instead of taking me directly to see Mickey...

Is this how you're going to feel in February? :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom