News Disney considering a service like Uber at WDW - Confirmed as Minnie Van

MickeysApprentice

Has Disney thought of starting minnie van service to/from Sanford airport? We are getting a direct flight from our hometown airport into Sanford. It would help me decide to use that flight if the minnie vans were at Sanford.

djkidkaz

Is there a reason that many of the Minnie vans you see now only have half of the polka dots completed on the bottom half of the vehicle and the tops are unfinished?

tissandtully

We were at Disney World last week, and it was absolutely impossible to get a Minnie Van. We have two young girls who both require car seats, so the Minnie Vans are great for us. We had dinner at AKL while staying at Yacht Club, and figured we'd grab a Minnie Van back - we tried for about a half hour with no luck. We ended up having to take the shuttle to Epcot and walk through the park back to our hotel.
I had that happen as well, I was told later at night there are fewer drivers out, so it will take longer to get one. We were stuck at the Contemporary after watching the fireworks from TOTW Lounge and had to go back to AKL. We def needed a Minnie van.

WWWD

We used the mini vans multiple times this last March. Talking with the drivers, they said they are really busy early morning as guests want to sleep in as late as possible before morning ADR’s and at park closing -especially Magic Kingdom. We were never able to get one after the fireworks in any park, but if we requested one (keep checking when the gps app allows you to request it - distance from park exit seemed to vary by park) and left the park during fireworks we seemed to get one. They are great for resort to resort travel during non peak times. Now that they are a permanent addition, hopefully, they add a lot more of them.

kbmum

Can the Minnie Vans accommodate two scooters? My parents will each need to use a scooter for medical reasons during our trip this summer. I'm really nervous about how long we'll have to wait for a bus if there are other scooters in line ahead of us going from a park to the hotel.

Rteetz

Is there a reason that many of the Minnie vans you see now only have half of the polka dots completed on the bottom half of the vehicle and the tops are unfinished?
Those are the 2018 models. Those Chevy Traverses are a redesign from the 2017 models we saw initially.

ThatMouse

Why on earth would you tip? Do you tip your resort bus driver? I don't even think they're allowed to accept tips. These aren't Lyft drivers, they're Disney cast members.

Taxies and ridesharing, including Minnie Van, are all tipped drivers. Disney designates it as a tipped position. You can tip in cash and in the Lyft app. The confusion is that early ride sharing apps were not letting you tip and there was a big question on whether you tip or not, or if it's included in the price. That's all in the past. Now you always tip.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I don't always tip on Uber...if it was a horrible ride, I won't. Maybe that is why my passenger rating from uber drivers is at 4.75 stars rather than 5. lol

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Taxies and ridesharing, including Minnie Van, are all tipped drivers. Disney designates it as a tipped position. You can tip in cash and in the Lyft app. The confusion is that early ride sharing apps were not letting you tip and there was a big question on whether you tip or not, or if it's included in the price. That's all in the past. Now you always tip.
Minnie Van is not ride sharing. It's Disney transportation. The only reason it's on the Lyft app is because Disney wanted to outsource the technology. The business model is not the same as a "normal" Lyft transaction.

ThatMouse

The drivers are saying they accept tips. I don't know where you are getting your information. When they started the trial period they were doing it for free, so maybe that's where the bloggers got this no tip thing from. Any paid valet type position you tip. Unless it's Bob Iger driving, they will gladly take your tip.

Rteetz

The drivers are saying they accept tips. I don't know where you are getting your information. When they started the trial period they were doing it for free, so maybe that's where the bloggers got this no tip thing from. Any paid valet type position you tip. Unless it's Bob Iger driving, they will gladly take your tip.
Nothing says you have to top them.

aw14

thats very interesting. We were there in November, and used the service frequently. They were adamant about not tipping. However, it is distinctly possible that could have changed.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/minnie-van-service/

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom