Disney confirms 'Frozen' makeover coming to Epcot's Norway Pavilion

aladdin2007

I optimistically hope for the same. While a lot of us seem to hate Disney for doing this, we should also remember the reasons why we love Disney. As far as I'm aware, none of us know 'exactly' what the revamped Norway pavilion will look like, so only time will tell. I disagree with the decision, but I will hold off on any absolute opinions until I see the thing for myself.

I hated Universal for removing Jaws. But the first time I walked into Diagon Alley and rode Gringott's, wow, let's just say that the pleasure outweighed the pain.

If, after visiting Norway and Frostrom, the pain still outweighs the pleasure, then we've got problems.

The pavilion is to look like it does now,,,except for the insides back there. Just as long as they dont snow cap the roof tops or something hokey on the outside......:facepalm:

Timekeeper

The pavilion is to look like it does now,,,except for the insides back there. Just as long as they dont snow cap the roof tops or something hokey on the outside......:facepalm:

Now what in the world would give you that idea?

Maelstrom_Frozen_Overlay_Exterior.jpg

;)

aladdin2007

You know it would have been cool if they had used that title, Maelstrom a High Seas Frozen Adventure. They would have maybe received less backlash.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I optimistically hope for the same. While a lot of us seem to hate Disney for doing this, we should also remember the reasons why we love Disney. As far as I'm aware, none of us know 'exactly' what the revamped Norway pavilion will look like, so only time will tell. I disagree with the decision, but I will hold off on any absolute opinions until I see the thing for myself.

I hated Universal for removing Jaws. But the first time I walked into Diagon Alley and rode Gringott's, wow, let's just say that the pleasure outweighed the pain.

If, after visiting Norway and Frostrom, the pain still outweighs the pleasure, then we've got problems.

With today's TDO there is little doubt that the pain will outweigh the pleasure and by a large margin

So here is my take on what I think Frozenified Maelstrom is going to look like- you board boats that look suspiciously like viking ships (just cleaned up a little), in front of a newly painted frozen themed mural- then you go up a lift hill with a projected eye of papa rock troll giving you 2 secs of back story.

Then you enter into the "arriving for the coronation" scene, some props will be re-used, including some of the vikings as "arriving guests".

Next you enter the snow scene with Anna, Kristoff, Sven, and Olaf- you'll see the ice castle in the distance. Remove puffins/polar bears and you're good

Next scene you'll see the familiar fiords, but it will have a can of cheap spray on snow liberally applied. Our friends the trolls will be long gone, but you'll see Elsa- who hits you with ice powers (aka the fiber optics from Maelstrom).

Then you go back over the falls- but once again the falls room will have been liberally covered with fake snow and the "peaking troll" will also be history.

Then you'll descend into the final scene, where the oil rig is gone, but you see Anna and Elsa embracing, the end, happily ever after- Swen, Kristoff and Olaf will be in the background.

Then you'll roll into the port of Arrendale, just remove the sailboat and the last few promotional signage, and you're golden. Since most of the theater is now a snaking queue, you pass through just a small roped off area to exit. OR- optional bonus ending if the whole ride becomes FP+ only- you'll enter into a "Let it Go" sing-a-long on constant loop where the movie used to be.

If Disney wants to do this on the cheap, all I can say is- you're welcome (and if this really happens I'll be totally horrified!):arghh::eek::confused:

BrerJon

So here is my take on what I think Frozenified Maelstrom is going to look like- you board boats that look suspiciously like viking ships (just cleaned up a little), in front of a newly painted frozen themed mural- then you go up a lift hill with a projected eye of papa rock troll giving you 2 secs of back story.

I'm pretty sure what you've described is how things are going to turn out. I assume Marshmallow will be the one sending you back, 'get out, get out of here!', but other than that I can't see the finished product being much different from your description.

raymusiccity

QUOTE="ford91exploder, post: 6376305, member: 60940"]The TDO way is 'cheap-n-nasty' these days[/QUOTE]

It seems like there has been an unwarranted rush to judgement before any concept art has been released.

If they were doing this 'quick & cheap', Disney would have kept the same boats. There are photos posted of them heading down the turnpike!

image.jpg

Phil12

QUOTE="ford91exploder, post: 6376305, member: 60940"]The TDO way is 'cheap-n-nasty' these days

It seems like there has been an unwarranted rush to judgement before any concept art has been released.

If they were doing this 'quick & cheap', Disney would have kept the same boats. There are photos posted of them heading down the turnpike!

View attachment 69478[/QUOTE]
They are most likely going out to a shop to be modified. They'll probably convert them into snowmobiles.

aladdin2007

QUOTE="ford91exploder, post: 6376305, member: 60940"]The TDO way is 'cheap-n-nasty' these days

If they were doing this 'quick & cheap', Disney would have kept the same boats. There are photos posted of them heading down the turnpike![/QUOTE]

were not sure yet though if they wont be reusing them,,they were taken to storage and may be redone and returned when the ride is ready.
great pic even tho sad

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom