Disney confirms 'Frozen' makeover coming to Epcot's Norway Pavilion

lazyboy97o

Yep if you don;t leave Epcot fatter than your were when you went in your missing something :)

Epcot was a grand concept that was never realized, and that sucks cause I would love to live there!

Then in turned into a education themed park that was slowly made less relevant by society and technology. Now it's a theme park with some educational aspects still surviving but headed away from them slowly for better or for worse. I am fine with adding more Disney characters to the park, I like Disney characters and expect to see them freaking all over the place when I am at WDW. :)
If EPCOT Center was made less relevant by technology then so were all theme parks.

Why don't you expect Disney characters all over Disney films? The problem isn't technology or the park being boring, it is people who have no respect for themed entertainment as a creative medium.

Last edited:

Mike S

Actually...

Beat me to it.

Hard to believe you are still banging this drum.

On this particular point of contention, yep. If you think Frozen and Arendell should be taking over Norway, YOU are part of the problem. Part of the dumbing down of Disney parks. Which, if you happen to be a dummy, is probably what you would want.

*I am using "you" in a general sense.

The corporation loves me and I love it. How dare you call our relationship into question?!?!
On the point of CTX it was always meant to tie in with the movie. It's no mistake an Iguanodon and Carnotaurus are featured prominently in both even though the ride came first. On the rest you're spot on.

misterID

So am I supposed to lie and say FP+ doesn’t work for me, just to prove a point that I'd prefer Disney had spent the money in other ways?

This whole thing is starting too feel too much like political parties.

I’m not an Eisnercrat or Pixiepublican. I think the parks quality is going downhill since Iger took over. I am against the changes to Epcot. I want my varried merchandise back. I think attraction maintenance and creation should have taken precedence over NGE.

But, I also like magicbands. FP+ works for me. I’m excited for Avatar. And I’m a DVC owner.

Where is there a place for the Disney moderate in this world? Someone who doesn’t need to answer feedback surveys down party lines.

I’m sorry, that’s all somewhat tongue in cheek. But, I get grief frequently for admitting that I like magic bands as if I’m not allowed to make up my mind on a case by case basis. I get it. NGE stole all the money. And if it were my decision to make, I’d much rather have SW in the parks than my magic band. But that doesn’t influence my opinion on the product itself. Allowing that bias to cloud my opinion on a guest survey seems disingenuous.
I like the magic bands also. Just for convenience sakes, it really is great. But had they concentrated on that aspect there wouldn't be an uproar, or this many problems with the system. We created a system like this for our golf course years ago, but we knew that starting off in baby steps and slowly updated the system was better than trying to force all our ideas into a new system that was still in its infancy and we were still learning it... albeit, what we did compared to MM+ is like comparing a build it yourself glider to an airbus. But still...

You're not wrong. There's nothing wrong with liking the system :)

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
he is a real dictator, that wily old richard

Well Richard did meet his demise across the fields from my house.
121223774__04_380572c.jpg

misterID

Well, pixie dust is addictive!

Horizon's or World of Motion were great along with Body wars and Cranium Command. Change is good, but this is near derailment going on in WS. I just hope that WDI includes Norway's true culture and history and does not go with a Fantasyland princess version of a ride when completed.
Frozen replacing Maelstrom is like The Little Mermaid replacing Horizons. At least they considered the theme of FW with the replacement, even if they got it way wrong on so many levels. Sorry Eddie... wherever you are.

Last edited:

misterID

Ouch. EuroDisney at least got us a first-rate Magic Kingdom and a decent supporting resort with some nice hotels.

All MyMagic+ gave consumers were Magic Bands and paperless FastPass.

I understand why you made the comparison, but it just underlines how unimpressive MM+ is from the customer perspective.
But if you look at every cool addition to the American parks, including Disney America (which I still believe could have grown into a great park, but would have really struggled early on with their "lack of rides" theme parks, ala Animal Kingdom) every one of them were shelved over the flop EuroDisney was. I can't imagine how far this will set WDW back in the coming years...

asianway

Actually...

Beat me to it.

Hard to believe you are still banging this drum.

On this particular point of contention, yep. If you think Frozen and Arendell should be taking over Norway, YOU are part of the problem. Part of the dumbing down of Disney parks. Which, if you happen to be a dummy, is probably what you would want.

*I am using "you" in a general sense.

The corporation loves me and I love it. How dare you call our relationship into question?!?!
"The company"

Only people I know who refer to it as "The company" are CMs

Sue_Vongello

I didn't read all 100 pages so I apologize if my comments are redundant ...

But I hate this idea ...

NOT because it's replacing Maelstrom.
NOT because it's Frozen.
NOT because it's World Showcase.

BUT to me the issue is clearly AGAIN Iger and Co. showing how completely inept they are, how out of touch, how little they truly understand ... because arguably the Magic Kingdom and World Showcase are the bottom two park areas on the list of parks that NEED attractions.

Future World has abandoned buildings and rotting attractions and DHS is a ghost town ... this could KILL DHS after this and Avatar at DAK come out ... what will happen to DHS?

Either way ... World Showcase did not need this ...

Additionally, I don't LOVE Frozen but clearly from a marketing perspective the franchise deserves more than a cheap, rushed (by Disney standards) overlay ... it deserves a land, an original attraction ...

Anyway ... way to think this through guys, brilliant.

FigmentJedi

BUT to me the issue is clearly AGAIN Iger and Co. showing how completely inept they are, how out of touch, how little they truly understand ... because arguably the Magic Kingdom and World Showcase are the bottom two park areas on the list of parks that NEED attractions.
World Showcase does need attractions. Almost half the pavilion plots remains unused and you have all those pavilions that have show buildings that never had their planned attractions put in them. What we don't need is more character tie-ins with those attractions.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Iger and Co. showing how completely inept they are
I don't like putting Frozen into Epcot, as I've said before. And if you think this is a bad decision for the company, that's a reasonable opinion, I would say, although others may reasonably believe otherwise.

But to say Iger and Co. are inept in general is truly missing the forest for the trees. Iger and Co. made Frozen, Wall-E, the Incredibles, bought Marvel and Pixar, expanded the cruise line, fixed DCA, got back Oswald, made ESPN even more of a juggernaut, and has been CEO as the stock has gone up over 300% during a period when the S&P 500 has gone up around 35%. They didn't do everything right (John Carter, Stitch's Supersonic bust, closing WoL, virtually every decision at ABC), but inept?

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

I don't like putting Frozen into Epcot, as I've said before. And if you think this is a bad decision for the company, that's a reasonable opinion, I would, although others may reasonably believe otherwise.

But to say Iger and Co. are inept in general is truly missing the forest for the trees. Iger and Co. made Frozen, Wall-E, the Incredibles, bought Marvel and Pixar, expanded the cruise line, fixed DCA, got back Oswald, made ESPN even more of a juggernaut, and has been CEO as the stock has gone up over 300% during a period when the S&P 500 has gone up around 35%. They didn't do everything right (John Carter, Stitch's Supersonic bust, closing WoL, virtually every decision at ABC), but inept?
You only listed one thing having to do with theme parks and a lot of the pressure for that came from the City of Anaheim.

jamesgf

I am so tired of the mindset that when a popular movie comes out that it has to have a tie into the parks. When this was first announced, I went home and told my 15 Y/O daughter who is a huge fan of Frozen and to my dismay she said "why would they do that in Epcot". Well, I guess even a 15 Y/O girl understands that Frozen does not fit the Epcot theme.

I personally am so disappointed that another attraction is going to the toons.

When I told my 13 year old daughter about the change she said, and I quote "That sucks, I love the trolls and I'm so sick of Frozen". Her favorite park is epcot btw.

jamesgf

Jim Hill article on Frozen ride:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jim-h...-the_b_5835170.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

He seems to be confirming that the ride system will not change and the changes to load/unload talked about here.

From the article:

(which will make use of dimensional sets, animatronic figures and film footage to recreate memorable scenes and characters from that Chris Buck/Jennifer Lee film)

Sounds like we can expect an animatronic or two and screens, lots of screens. Enjoy the scenes you have already seen on DVD on Frozen themed flatscreens and projections! Yay.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom