Disney College Program -- Fall 2014

BrittanyRose428

Original Poster
I know it's early, but is anyone thinking of doing the DCP for Fall 2014?

I'm planning on applying for the Fall Advantage program, for hopefully vacation planner, merchandise, or attractions. I was accepted in 2011, but could not go because my school didn't recognize the program and I would have lost my scholarship. I'm a senior now, so Fall 2014 is my last change to do the program.

(shameless promotion of my blog): If anyone is interested my blog is the link in my signature. There isn't too much about the DCP on there yet, but there will be as we get closer to applications coming out.

BrittanyRose428

Original Poster
What didn't you like about housekeeping? I feel like you never see blogs or anything really about housekeeping CPs. I think a break in between college and grad school would be nice too.

BrittanyRose428

Original Poster
I'm wicked nervous too! According to the Facebook group a lot of people were denied without a Web Based Interview. Last time I applied everyone got that far, so that worries me.

BrittanyRose428

Original Poster
It's my only plan after graduation too. I want to get my Masters, but I'm in no position to pay for more school anytime soon so doing the DCP would be perfect. (Not to mention it's now the only opportunity I have to do it, unless I did it while getting my Masters, but I'd like to think I'll have a full time job by then).

chelsea cornett

I'm glad other people are already planning too!! I'm applying for Fall 2014 hopefully for a Face/Fur CP! So I'm nervous about the interviews AND the audition! I'm really excited too though. It would be so magical to work for Disney!

BrittanyRose428

Original Poster
Which PI did you apply for? I applied for the Yellow Shoes Copywriter one, but I'm still in submission for it. I have my phone interview for the DCP next friday though.

BrittanyRose428

Original Poster
I applied for the CP Alumni one. Then within that one I applied for DHS Operations, Epcot Operations Support and Guest Relations.
I would love to work in Guest Relations after a CP! Also, apparently the submission stage is the same as pending? Someone in the Facebook group claims to have emailed Disney about it and that was the answer they got. My boyfriend's dashboard still says submission. I'm hoping he gets a WBI soon. =/

darthspielberg

I applied as soon as I could after applications went up (I was out at the movies when they went up) so I was finished by about 8:30pm (EST if that matters) and by 11pm, I had an offer for a WBI. I took that (shaking like a leaf the whole time. I was sure I'd screw it up) and then I got asked to schedule a phone interview.

I hope I get it, because as a few people mentioned, it's my big plan for post graduation. My school works in a way that taking a semester off would make things hard, and then they switched to quarters, which made it impossible. So here I am at my last chance to sign up for a program. Heres to hoping.

javy2004

applied feb 11th in the afternoon and a little over an hour later i got an email for the WBI. Did it later that night and got the phone interview invite. Waited til the following morning for an open time slot to set up my phone interview on the 24th. For those that have done the program before, how long did you wait after the interview to get offered a slot. The only thing I'm worried about is that I'm planning on proposing to my gf the weekend before thanksgiving and I'd need 3-4 days off to do it how I have planned. I really hope it all works out. If anyone has any input for me that'd be very helpful :) thanks and hope everyone else gets selected. I'll let you all know if I got in.

darthspielberg

Yeah, I got an email about six hours after my phone interview yesterday that stated I'd hear back in 2-3 weeks. I do know that some applicants hear back in about a week, and on the flipside, some get pended, which basically means "maybe" instead of a solid yes or no, and the pended people have to wait while they fill in slots.

But I had also heard that lots of people were getting instantly denied after the phone interview this time around, so hopefully not having that happen is a good sign.

BrittanyRose428

Original Poster
I just had my phone interview about 3 hours ago and I haven't received any emails for anything yet (and my dashboard still says In Progress.) Last time I applied I was accepted two days after my interview, so I'm trying not to get my hopes up in case that doesn't happen again! haha

spenser shults

First time applying and my phone interview is MONDAY at 5:00!! I've been looking at blogs and youtube videos all week to prepare for this interview! Been waiting for this since I first learned about the DCP in middle school.

BrittanyRose428

Original Poster
Got my Thank You for Interviewing email, now I'm just waiting on their decision. :) If you have any questions about the interview @spenser shults feel free to ask here, I know at least a couple of us on here have had interviews more than once. I've also posted a bit about the interviews on my blog recently in my signature.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom