Disney Collectors.

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Good Morning,My question today is,and sorry if it's been already blogged,do any of you good people have a Disney collection of stuff?Apart from Disney pins and Disney dollars that's all we have,but a old friend of mine showed me his wife's collection of Disney snow globes twenty one in total,some looked very old and expensive.Iam sure some people will have a collection of Disney stuff,interested to hear what you've got.:wave:

LuLaSue

Kinkade

We have several Kinkade paintings. DH loves Kinkade I love Disney. It's a compromise you only make in a marriage.:ROFLOL:

nick90991

I dont really collect just one thing. I have all kinds of Disney stuff i have snow globes, plates, christmas ornaments, shot glasses,etc. The oldest thing i probably have is a 30 year old cup that I got at a garage sale for 50 cents!

disneyfan28

We collect the Jim Shore Disney collectables, there are so many...They have everyday ones along with holiday ones. We have been collecting them for several years and have quite a collection, adds a little disney to our house when we cant be at disney!!:D

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
We collected snowglobes for several years. The current count is up around 120. Our latest love has been the big figures and Mickey Ears and we have around a dozen of each. We of course have the mandatory pin and lithograph collection as well.

MansionGoer13z

Used to Collect Disney Ceramic Figurines back when the Disney Stores were big and Actually sold stuff relative to Disney IMO (That was back in the Late 80's to Mid-90's. Now not so much now, except for Classic Mickey T's.

annawilliams

We collect the Jim Shore Disney collectables, there are so many...They have everyday ones along with holiday ones. We have been collecting them for several years and have quite a collection, adds a little disney to our house when we cant be at disney!!:D

So glad you mentioned these! I am definitely going to start collecting them! :) I have one kinkade right now (it was a wedding present from my dad). Everyone who visits our house LOVES it! Even the non-disney folks! :)

minniemickeyfan

I collect Disney pins, lots of pictures, framed art, comic books, I keep all the D23 magazines, the Mickey Monitor magazines, I have a Mickey kitchen in the blue color. Various older dolls, collectibles and figures I find from antique stores. I have a display cabinet and keep all our stuff from the parks: Mickey ears from over the years, KttWCards, buttons, etc. Mickey and Minnie greet you at my door.

pilka214

My Parents collect all sorts of Disney art! Statues, original paintings, lithographs... the works! One whole rooms decorations devoted solely to disney, and it's beginning to infiltrate other rooms of our house. However, they definitely focus on Kinkade's Disney series, and more recently on David Willardson's paintings after meeting him at the festival of the masters!! If you don't know willardson look up his stuff, they sell it across the parks in the AoD stores!

As for myself, i have a couple collectibles, pins, hundreds of old park maps etc. but my favorite piece is a full size HM poster i got from a local store in orlando a number of years back. to my knowledge you can't get them in the parks and i haven't seen them sold anywhere else... if anyone here as any knowledge of when and where it was produced that would be awesome!!

Korfar

We are vinlymation collectors with close to 300. As well as anything Haunted Mansion. We also do the pin collections. We get a few odd and end Mickey stuff from time to time too. I have that collector mentality so I get sucked in easily.

timeman

We collected snowglobes for several years. The current count is up around 120. Our latest love has been the big figures and Mickey Ears and we have around a dozen of each. We of course have the mandatory pin and lithograph collection as well.

Yea I remember seeing those dust collectors over my head when I visited you house. :ROFLOL:

I collect the WDCC (Walt Disney Classics Collection) Figures I think these are the closest thing to getting a Disney charater in 3d I must have 50+ of these including some park Related pieces such as Jedi Mickey. They can be Quite expensive for the large ones but they are fantastic quality and are great presents for my darling wife's birthday!

macsmom

I have a collection of Ears, pins, lanyards and stuffed Mickeys. I also have a few Jim Shore figurines and I try to pick up at least one each trip.

danna

Tiggerfanatic

Christmas ornaments - I have enough to fill 2 trees. And my spare bedroom is the Mickey room - I allow nothing but Mickey in there.

steamboat wil

We have to have 2 Christmas trees up each year. One for ornaments and one for Disney only ornaments. We buy them every year at DTD and the store in HS. Kind of a fun thing to collect.

The Duck

I collect the Disney Ducks. My pieces include WDCC, plush, Jim Shore, Big Figs, various figurines and Christmas ornaments. Most of my pieces are of Donald but I also have Daisy, Huey, Dewey and Louie, Scrooge McDuck and Professor Ludwig Von Drake. My pride and joy is a 20" Scrooge McDuck that wasn't available to the general public. Apparently he was part of a display for the Disney Stores and they were supposed to be destroyed by the store CM's. I also have a one of a kind prototype Donald figurine that was never mass produced. It came from the estate of Imagineer, Ralph Kent. Other figurines are exclusive to European and Asian markets but thanks to Ebay, they're mine now. At present, I have almost 300 Ducks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom