Disney Coffee Table Books

WaltDisney100

Original Poster
I have two Coffee table books about Disney. Since The World Began and The 1996 version of A Magical Year-by-Year Journey. Are there any newer ones out? Or anything like them?: :rolleyes:

Bretsyboo

I have a book called 100 years of magic (I think) that I bought at MGM this spring, it's another year by year book, though it is of course getting a little out of date as it contains concept art for "an upcoming feature about the lost city of atlantis"

FanofDinsey1981

I just got one from one of the disney outlets for 3 bucks called marking the millennium. it is all about the creation of the millinnium celebration stuff. it is pretty cool!

and my mom and dad have the disney dictionary. that is pretty cool to look through.

DisneyFreak721

hmmm. Lets See. I have Since the World Began, Animation Magic, The 2000 Millenium Celebration Book, The History of Animation, All of the Disney Magazines from Spring 1998 to now, The three David Koenig books if you count those, and the Disney Photomosaics book.

epcot71

ok here goes my collection-
1-birbaums walt disney world(have every year since 1986)
2-birnbaums disneyland(every year since 1987)
3-since the world began
4-walt disney world-millennium edition
5-building a dream-
6-walt disney world-1997
7-walt disney world-1986
8-walt disneys epcot center
9-disneyland-inside story
10-inside the magic kingdom
11-keys to the kingdom
12-the mickey mouse watch
13-the disney that never was
14-the art of walt disney

and about 50 disney magazines

i love disney books:D :D :D

DisJosh

You're all forgetting two of the best books...the Art of Walt disney and the Imagineering book. They both have lots of park pics and concept art. The Art of Walt Disney goes into movies and such too along with a history of Walts life. Bothe awsome books....go get 'em!!

RobFL

Account Suspended
I have:

Designing Disney's Theme Parks - The Architecture of Reassurance

Imagineering!

Walt Disney's EPCOT Center. :king:

And for some light reading...

Vinyl Leaves.

-Rob

thumper

I have an oldie but goodie ( it may the same as Rob Fl's). It's called Walt Disney's EPCOT: Creating the New World of Tomorrow, and came out in 1982. It has some great construction pictures and original sketches of the park and rides. It also talks about several countries and rides that never came to be.:)

Steamboat_Kevin

I have 2,
Since the World Began and Imagineering.
Imagineering is great! I love all of the concept art and everything else! Since the World Began is awesome too!
Not sure if you'd call it a coffee table book but I also have WDW Resort Celebrating 100 Years of Magic- A pictorial souvenir, hehe, I like the picture of the baby kicking the dad in the face on page 5!:D
-Kevin

Liver Lips

One Day At Disney is very nice. It chronicles one 24 hr period at all of the Magic Kingdoms around the world. Beautiful photographs throughout.

Wilt Dasney

Originally posted by RobFL

And for some light reading...

Vinyl Leaves.

-Rob

I've read that; I thought it was neat to see somebody with such a cerebral approach to the parks admit to just enjoying them, instead of dismissing them as "irrelevant" or "boring" or some of the other descriptors I've heard used.

Tigggrl

I have the Imagineering book and since the world began, as well as the Character encyclopedia, the original Epcot book, One on Animal Kingdom, Thae Architecture book, Several animation books, as well as Ones on Mulan and Atlantis, and one called "The Disney That Never Was" All abot forgotten or shelved animation ideas...I have several souvenir books too! But the one I realllly want is called "Illusion of Life" Oh yeah, gotta get that one! LOL! AND there is a new Disneyland picture book...I may end up with it this weekend...
I haunt used bookstores and such for my Disney finds...I wou;ld love to have the Snow White one, Hardcover with a box, that has the hand painted Cels in it, but I dont have 300.00....LOL!
I have tons of other books as well, I collect what I can when I can...I guess it is one of the Disney items I collect....But I will never have them all! LOL!

jojoyner55

I have most everything that has been mentioned thus far, and one great one that no one has mentioned yet - Disney Animation: The Illusion of Life by Frank Thomas and Ollie Johnston. It was published in 1981 by Abbeville Press. Thomas and Johnston were two of the "Nine Old Men" - the great animators at the studio for many years. It is a remarkable description of how and why Disney animation was (and is) what it is. I am pretty sure it is out of print now, but well worth seeking out on Amazon or eBay for anyone interested in the classic films (i.e. before the rebirth of Disney animation that started with "Little Mermaid"). It is an oversize, 575 page book filled with color, photos, cels, etc. Anyone interested in the subject should look for it. And no, my copy (I got it in 1982 and I think it was $50+ even then) is not for sale!:lol:

Tigggrl

I did just mention it....They have re issued it, and it is now available for 60.00 just about anywhere...and there is also a new book on the 9 old men as well!

Tigggrl

LOL Its understandable...I just moved to California from being 1 1/2 hours away from WDW, and I went every week! I miss it! But I get to play at Disneyland now...its only 20 minutes away!:)

jojoyner55

Lucky You!
I'm 20 minutes from Busch Gardens Williamsburg. We always get seasons passes, but it it just ain't the same! :lol: Hey, the roller coasters are great, but... Where's the MAGIC?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom