Disney CMs calling guests " Friends"?

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
I got it! Why not just have CMs introduce themselves by name?
(Easy solution for either groups or individuals)

For example:
Hi, I'm Chucky. Wanna play?
Or if you must include the word friend:
Hi, I'm Chucky, and I'm your friend 'till the end! Hidey-ho, ha-ha-ha!

See! Not creepy at all. Perfect for any situation!

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

he said this to my face.. LOOK DUDE>. this is how it is.. and his manager was standing right there.. AND when I called the next day to speak to a manager .. THIS SAME GUY ANSWERED THE PHONE>. obviously it was okay by the manager..
I don't know what you said to create the need for the response, so I'll not pass judgement on that. Dude is not a rude or odd way of discussing things with others, maybe not in everyone culture, but it surely shouldn't be offensive unless, of course, you were looking for some reason to be offended. We have all got to lighten up and grow a little thicker skin or at least be able to tell the difference between a slang usage and and insult.

Last edited:

JohnD

Has anyone else that has visited the parks recently noticed CMs referring to you/your party as "friends"? This has happened the last 2 days at Animal Kingdom numerous times from interactions from entrance to exit. For example buying food, exiting rides, visiting gift shops, and just strolling down the walkways. Wondering if this is a new protocol or if it was a happy coincidence, either way I liked it. In my opinion it good without being overly sweet.

Sounds like a Senator talking about his colleague in the opposite party. "And may I say that my good friend from (State) is a complete a-hole."

GimpYancIent

Sounds like a Senator talking about his colleague in the opposite party. "And may I say that my good friend from (State) is a complete a-hole."
1602783923821.png

Goofyernmost

So a prison officer should love all the rapists, murderers and thieves etc using that logic? Without these criminals, he'd be out of his current job :D
There might be a tad bit of difference between a guest at a theme park and criminals, but nice try. And OMG are we now arguing about simple friendly greetings or would everyone prefer, "hey, crap head, get a move on we have rides to get in motion." Seriously this country is absolutely bat crap crazy and everyone no matter what their belief is getting offended by anything said to them. That probably comes from people not dealing with actual people anymore. We have forgotten how to communicate and what is offensive and what is friendly. This is so sad.

LittleBuford

It is a part of the new inclusivity that Disney is stretching hard to conform to. It’s very woke and super cringy. Almost like Chick-fil-a using “my pleasure” instead of you’re welcome. Again, super cringy.
How on earth is addressing someone as “friend”—about as traditional and polite a salutation as there is—woke?

An obscure fellow called George Washington from a few centuries back clearly felt differently:

Last edited:

castlecake2.0

It is a part of the new inclusivity that Disney is stretching hard to conform to. It’s very woke and super cringy. Almost like Chick-fil-a using “my pleasure” instead of you’re welcome. Again, super cringy.
It isn’t something they’re trying to conform to, it’s a top priority of the company, and one they’ve publicly said they are unapologetic about.

LittleBuford

It isn’t something they’re trying to conform to, it’s a top priority of the company, and one they’ve publicly said they are unapologetic about.

It baffles me that some automatically regard inclusive language as intrinsically bad and newfangled, even when, as in this instance, the word in question is a rather quaint (if uncommon) way of greeting people in English.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom