Disney Character Table Names

UKHelen

Original Poster
This is a Disney related wedding question - I am after ideas!!!

We get married 13th October in the UK and honeymoon at three different US locations, the third and final being WDW!

On the actual wedding day, we are thinking of naming our tables after Disney characters instead of boring numbers and would like your ideas to help us! There will be about 10 tables and we have mix of ages so we need to take into consideration that not everybody will know many characters except the 'main' or 'most popular'.

So far the definates are:
Mickey Mouse
Minnie Mouse
Donald Duck
Pluto
Goofy (for our closest friends :lol: )

On the maybe list are:
Chip 'n' Dale
Daisy Duck
Snow White
Cinderella

A couple of others my finacee has suggested are; Buzz and Woody; Sully and Mike Wazowski (but I think you would have to know Toy Story/Monsters Inc. which I consider to be relatively modern). Same with Nemo, Cars etc.

We also considered Princesses, Villains etc but again only guests who have children (not us) or just love Disney (just us I think!!) will know a lot of these.

We are thinking of trying to incorporate a picture of the character onto the table - possibly on the place name card - so people can see the character.

Any ideas gratefully received!:D

Nansafan

Peter Pan, Wendy, Snow White, Doc, Sleepy, Bashful, Sneezy, Happy, Grumpy, Dopey, Pongo, Perdita, Cruella DeVille I could go on. Sounds like an awesome idea.

islesgirl

Well the definates you said are great and I would do Snow White, Dopey, Sleeping Beauty, Tinkerbelle, Ariel, Belle, Aladdin, I think most people would recognize these names. Its a great idea

pirate-princess

how about doing the slightly british characters -
winnie the pooh and friends
peter pan and pals
isnt 101 dalmations in london?
will and elizabeth from pirates! - my fav!

Emberlene

I almost did the exact same thing at my wedding a year and 1/2 ago but was talked out of it at the last minute.

I was going to use Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald & Daisy (that was the name of the sweetheart table for me and my groom - they are our favorite characters), Chip N Dale, Pooh and Tinkerbell. I was even going to get a little character statue of each one to add to the table decorations.

My mother talked me out of it at the last minute. I still got my Lenox Daisy and Donald as my cake topper though! :)

Good Luck!

maelstrom

Sounds like something I'd do!

Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Goofy, Pluto, Tinker Bell, Cinderella, Chip & Dale, Snow White, Pinocchio, Peter Pan, Mary Poppins, Jack Sparrow, Dumbo, Sleeping Beauty... I think those are all very recognizeable characters.

PinMadness

My friend did this at her wedding.

She used the characters you had listed. She did do a Buzz & Woody one like you said you might do. It was really cute because that is where a lot of the couple's friends sat who weren't in the wedding party...and there was a sign that said "you've got a friend in me." Each table had a cute quote sign to go along with the characters.

UKHelen

Original Poster
Hey there Pirate-princess!

Not been on the boards much AT ALL - normally a month before holiday would be on here all the day! Have been spending all my time on a wedding forum instead!!

Anyway, the wedding is now a little over 3 weeks away and we have still not made a decision. :eek: - other wedding things have overtaken in the importance to get finalised! This weekend and early next week we HAVE to make some decisions though and do the table plans! We are looking round on the web for good images before we make the final list and I'll certainly post the final list once we have it.

Thanks for asking though! :wave:

baz212

My DH and I used Disney couples rather than individual characters. Everyone thought it was great. Mickey and Minnie, Belle and the Beast, etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom