Disney Channel Rocks! debuts today

Tom

Beta Return
I'm sure there is a demographic that's going to absolutely LOVE this. I'm not in it, but there are plenty of people who are.

However, I will say that everyone in this specific performance indeed gave 100%. There is a lot of energy and everyone performed their role extremely well. Disney casted the show well. Lots of good looking people too :p

It's not my thing, but I still like it 1000x better than HSM.

DABIGCHEEZ

No offense to TinTin or any other show member on who might be on here, but I am afraid this is another show(like HSM) my family and I will just walk by next time we are there. Agree that they dance very well but, sorry a bunch of folks just dancing and hopping around is not entertainment... for us anyway.

Tom

Beta Return
No offense to TinTin or any other show member on who might be on here, but I am afraid this is another show(like HSM) my family and I will just walk by next time we are there. Agree that they dance very well but, sorry a bunch of folks just dancing and hopping around is not entertainment... for us anyway.

Well, like I said, it's designed for a certain demographic, and I have a strong feeling that this show will appeal greatly to its target audience.

You and I, however, can walk past the crowd and experience a slightly shorter line somewhere :)

DABIGCHEEZ

Well, like I said, it's designed for a certain demographic, and I have a strong feeling that this show will appeal greatly to its target audience.

You and I, however, can walk past the crowd and experience a slightly shorter line somewhere :)

Ed, I understand that I am not the demographic targeted here... but my kids 5, 10, 11, would not enjoy it (I suspect). I know they never wanted to watch the HSM shows over the last few years.

Hopefully it will pull away folks from the lines at ToT or RnRC :)... but somehow I doubt it.

Cmdr_Crimson

It's freaky...I can't beleive they took the name of the show I mentioned in a post at the end of July...Very weird...:lookaroun
Says that they don't have a name for it yet....Hmm..Why do I feel they'll go an easy way out by calling it...Disney Channel Rocks...........:lookaroun

Thurp

I've actually heard great things about this show. Let's hope they keep the energy and enthusiasm.

We are not their target audience in this case, and that's OK with me.

vxangelkissxv

Got to catch the 4:30 show today, and I gotta say-- it's alot of fun! As someone who will be hearing alot of it, I think I'm going to enjoy DCR six times a day much more than HSM3… Six… Times… A… Day. This new show has alot of life to it, alot of energy. And the singers and dancers seem to be a talented bunch.

I honestly would love to see Mulch, Sweat, and Shears doing sets in front of the hat every day… But I guess a girl can dream. The Summer Nightastic sets were some of my favorites.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
For those of you who don't like it...just remind yourself...at least it isn't in Tomorrowland....at least it isn't in Tomorrowland...

does that feel better?

Lisalyn

Well I just watched the video WDWMagic posted..all 14 minutes and 40 seconds of it and LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Way to go dancers, singers, everyone involved.!!! This is sure to be a hit. You cast members work so hard and such long hours - we DO appreciate you!! Just want you all to know that! I'll be down the week of November 20th and can't wait to experience this up close and personal!:sohappy::):kiss:

Ignohippo

My son's CRAZY for Camp Rock 2 right now. Gonna have to take him really really soon. Looks awesome.

Thanks for the video folks!

TravisMT81

But Club Disney or Club Monster Inc stage shows from TDL, would involve fun music and characters that the whole family would enjoy. Just like Block Party Bash, which involved a lot of music that the parents and kids enjoy together.

Yes, the dancers clearly worked very hard and did a great job (except, sorry singers, but they were off key and I wasn't impressed). However, I - like some others here have stated - wish that Disney would bring back more "all family" entertainment versus just a specific demographic (i.e., toddlers and tweens).

Furthermore, what always totally irked me about HSM (and now this one) is how the central hub in DHS is all but "closed off" all day long to support this show. If they ran the show, say once every other hour, fine, but to run it as often as they do and to completely take up all that space is poorly planned (IMHO).

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
First of all, I have not seen the new show and I'm not big on watching the videos online (will see it in person in a month) so my comments are not really directly related to Disney Channel Rocks. My comments are more toward the arguments of 'not for the whole family' or 'targeting a specific demographic' and how much these arguments bug me.

To me, 'family entertainment' is something that is not so offensive that little ones can't enjoy it and not so infantile that adults can't enjoy it. To me, the stage shows (or moving stage shows in the case of HSM and now DCR) satisfy this. Have I enjoyed the past few shows, no, not so much. But I certainly can't complain that Disney is trying to target too small of a demographic. My DW loves musical theatre and my DD is 6, so we always watch the shows. Are they well done? Yes. Are they at least decently performed? Yes. My DD had never seen HSM when we first saw the DHS show, but she loved the live performance and was up and dancing with them.

Me, I can't stand musical theatre, but I can't complain that these shows only target a specific demo or aren't as family friendly as other shows or rides. Does the Snow White movie scare my DD? Yup, but it's still family entertainment. Does the Dumbo ride 'target' little kids? Yup, but I still love going on it. Does my family want to ever see LMA? Nope, but there are lots of families who do! There are plenty of Disney things that my family doesn't like, but they are still family entertainment.

I personally think that a live show at the hub of DHS fits well with the park theme and even though I can barely sit through them, I can't see myself complaining that they shouldn't be there.

Sorry about that, rant over. Time for a nap (cue AC dream sequence).

Brian Noble

But Club Disney or Club Monster Inc stage shows from TDL, would involve fun music and characters that the whole family would enjoy. Just like Block Party Bash, which involved a lot of music that the parents and kids enjoy together.
Maybe we're unusual, but my wife and I rather enjoy the current music you typically find on Radio Disney/Disney Channel---in other words, my "whole family" would enjoy this show.

Of course, time will tell when we see how the guests react.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom