Disney CEO Bob Iger says there has never been a better time to be a Disney fan

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
I’d rather they not sell annual passes, just invites more annoying wannabe vloggers who do nothing but get in the way, talk loudly and obnoxiously during rides and shows and such and less of these the better.

With Fastpass+, you were essentially booking a park day in advance anyway so whilst I would like these removed, they don’t bother me.

I love Genie+, I don’t like paying for it, but I got far more done with it than I ever did with FP+.
Animated GIF

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
I’d rather they not sell annual passes, just invites more annoying wannabe vloggers who do nothing but get in the way, talk loudly and obnoxiously during rides and shows and such and less of these the better.

With Fastpass+, you were essentially booking a park day in advance anyway so whilst I would like these removed, they don’t bother me.

I love Genie+, I don’t like paying for it, but I got far more done with it than I ever did with FP+.

Are Vloggers that aren't AP holders ok?

What about me? I hate VLoggers too and am an AP holder.

By saying "got far more done" are you on some type of mission to get in, rescue the hostages, and get out undetected? Wouldn't it be more enjoyable to relax and enjoy a good time than go commando mode in the Magic Kingdom for rides you've probably experienced many times over?

Lilofan

He kind of looks like one too. That said, I don't think Iger would actually be that good at it in practice. One of the keys to that job is being able to fake charisma and affability, and to lie through your teeth without being suspected. Spinning BS in print is also very different than getting out on the floor and directly interacting with customers. And Iger isn't even good at lying in print without help from a fixer like Zenia Mucha around to threaten journalists and kill negative stories. Iger would implode as soon as he was forced to go out on the sales floor and interact with a customer.
Spinning in print is what a PR exec is paid to do on behalf of the CEO or other high profile company exec.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Annual passes need to be (kept) binned.

Locals getting a discount in uneccesary-they barely spend in the parks, don't book hotels, barely eat in the parks, don't buy merch, and just contribute to HUGE CROWS ruining the experience for high spending tourists from further afar regions.

5th park needs to be built.

Funniest thing I've read in a week. Utter twaddle, but funny.

Dutch Inn '76

Anything that will ease park congestion, I'm all for. If discontinuing annual passes will do that, then I hope they never sell them again. Also, if it will reduce the number of wise guys that like to repeat all the jokes along with the cast members, then its an added bonus

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Anything that will ease park congestion, I'm all for. If discontinuing annual passes will do that, then I hope they never sell them again. Also, if it will reduce the number of wise guys that like to repeat all the jokes along with the cast members, then its an added bonus
Not selling annual passes is also a kick in the crotch to some of their most loyal customers as well…dvc members

ChrisFL

Premium Member
so many people on here who don't want the return of annual passes...so you prefer paying and can only use multi-day passes in the SAME week the first day you use a ticket? That's crazy for locals. We either have to spend several days in a row to get decent ticket price or pay full price (or relatively close since florida resident discounts have been crap) for a one day ticket

AndyS2992

Are Vloggers that aren't AP holders ok?

What about me? I hate VLoggers too and am an AP holder.

By saying "got far more done" are you on some type of mission to get in, rescue the hostages, and get out undetected? Wouldn't it be more enjoyable to relax and enjoy a good time than go commando mode in the Magic Kingdom for rides you've probably experienced many times over?
When I'm paying the price of a Disney trip, especially from the UK, I want to fit in as much as possible, regardless of whether I have done it a million times before. Whilst some people like to take it slow, which is fine, that's not for me. I like the go go go of a Disney trip, which is why I find beach vacations and other 'relaxing' types of trips boring. I like to be doing something at all times. That's how I like it, it's my vacation, I can do it how I see fit and is no one else's business.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

I'd venture a guess that the 36k hotel rooms on property plus who knows how many outside the gates may have a larger part to do with crowding than the AP population.

doctornick

so many people on here who don't want the return of annual passes...so you prefer paying and can only use multi-day passes in the SAME week the first day you use a ticket? That's crazy for locals. We either have to spend several days in a row to get decent ticket price or pay full price (or relatively close since florida resident discounts have been crap) for a one day ticket

The majority of visitors to WDW are going infrequently (every few years or even once a decade or once in a lifetime) over the course of a condensed period (1-2 weeks or less) and so the existence or lack of APs makes no difference to them. This board and other fan sites represent a skewed view of WDW attendance since it is populated by folks who visit more frequently.

I'm not dismissing your prospective, but to answer your question: most guests to WDW don't care if APs are available since it doesn't impact them.

_caleb

The majority of visitors to WDW are going infrequently (every few years or even once a decade or once in a lifetime) over the course of a condensed period (1-2 weeks or less) and so the existence or lack of APs makes no difference to them. This board and other fan sites represent a skewed view of WDW attendance since it is populated by folks who visit more frequently.

I'm not dismissing your prospective, but to answer your question: most guests to WDW don't care if APs are available since it doesn't impact them.
And our perspective isn’t helped by the fact that most of us have been going (and paying attention) for a long time now.

Skibum1970

While this has been discussed in numerous threads, Iger could win me back the most by eliminating Genie+ and Lightning Lane. Go to the Universal version with a limited amount (500-1000) that could be purchased each day for $200/per. This would provide one front-of-line access per ride per day, as opposed to the UNI Express level that lets you ride repeatedly. The lines would begin moving again and the parks wouldn't feel as crowded. I know the math supports that you don't ride more or less, perhaps, but it would have a better impression.

Then, start building two to three new rides at DHS without going overboard on cost. I figure the damage to Epcot may be irreversible at this point.

I honestly have no idea how to fix/salvage Disney+, the television channel divisions, or the movies. It has seemed like Disney focused on retreads of live-action version of classic cartoons and then their recent animation movies have been up and down. I enjoyed Encanto a great deal but no interest in Strange World. I think that they could find some better stories.

SteveAZee

I'd venture a guess that the 36k hotel rooms on property plus who knows how many outside the gates may have a larger part to do with crowding than the AP population.
Probably, but the APer's may take a park from a 7 to a 9 at times. It would be bad form to turn away those staying on property. It's also likely they generate more earnings from a hotel guest visiting a park than an APer visiting a park when park attendance is the limiting factor.

Note: I think it was great when the parks would be at a 2 and the APers took it to a 4 or 5, but I think those days are gone.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Probably, but the APer's may take a park from a 7 to a 9 at times. It would be bad form to turn away those staying on property. It's also likely they generate more earnings from a hotel guest visiting a park than an APer visiting a park when park attendance is the limiting factor.

Note: I think it was great when the parks would be at a 2 and the APers took it to a 4 or 5, but I think those days are gone.
AP’ers aren’t as big of a crowd as you think unless you include DVC’ers which stay on property for a vacation anyways. Epcot may be the only park that might get bigger crowds from locals at times on the weekends during food and wine etc

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom