News Disney CEO Bob Chapek hails the metaverse as 'the next great storytelling frontier' and sets up a new team at Disney to create new experiences

castlecake2.0

Doesn't this run completely counter to the idea of having people visit the parks? If consumers can get some (small) portion of the same experience at a fraction of the cost and hassle, won't it negatively impact the high profits generated by the parks division?
Until the parks don’t need to use a reservation system anymore I think there is room for both.

Patcheslee

This guy is clown and so out of touch with his customer base. People go to Disney to escape from the metaverse and the chaos
of normal life. He needs to learn about storytelling in his parks.
If he wants to keep up with the teen-mid 20s kids, they need to find other avenues than following Facebooks lead. 13yos friends have no interest in FB, they stick to TicTok videos when on vacations and such. DH had a VR headset that was fun for the observers laughs while "seeing" haunted houses, but that's about it.

brb1006

Guys, I'm not looking forward to this year's D23. Especially since D23 2022 is the first time Chapek has been present after becoming the current CEO of The Walt Disney Company.:grumpy:

If Chapek is this out of touch, then I'm already expecting to hear some booing from crowds during his speeches. :hungover:

The amount of PR Fluf he's going to say is going to make a majority of us hurl due to the sugary sweetness. Their probably going to get very sentimental for the final panel similar to how D23 2019 ended with a Give-A-Wish followed by tons of Disney Characters walking on stage. Especially since Disney's 100th Anniversary is just around the corner.
2cc.gif

Last edited:

Lilofan

If he wants to keep up with the teen-mid 20s kids, they need to find other avenues than following Facebooks lead. 13yos friends have no interest in FB, they stick to TicTok videos when on vacations and such. DH had a VR headset that was fun for the observers laughs while "seeing" haunted houses, but that's about it.
Last time I checked I don't know of any teenagers planning and paying for their upcoming WDW vacation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom