Disney Car Care Center

AylaRanzz

Original Poster
The next time we go, we'll be renting a car for a day while staying in the resort, can the car be dropped off after the Care Center closes? Or does it have to be back before they close?

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
The next time we go, we'll be renting a car for a day while staying in the resort, can the car be dropped off after the Care Center closes? Or does it have to be back before they close?

You will be renting from a rental car company and most have provisions for after hour drop off.

Rob562

As mentioned, you can drop it off after-hours, just ask the desk staff about the procedure when you pick the car up.

Though on a side note, you might find that an after-hours drop-off at the Car Care Center leaves you without any real transportation options back to your hotel. Your only option is to call a cab, as the free Alamo/National shuttle is done for the day by that point. I doubt that cabs wait around the CCC looking for a fare like they do at the hotels and parks, so you'd have to call for one. (I keep the number for the Checker Cab in my cell phone, it's 407-422-2222)

Another option is to change your drop-off to the Dolphin, which also has an Alamo/National counter. The valet takes the return of the car and gives you a receipt for it, 24 hours a day.
Your transportation options are also a bit greater there. If Epcot or the Studios are still open, you can walk/boat to one of those. You can use Downtown Disney as a transfer point via Disney bus. And if you get a cab, there should be one right nearby that the valet can get for you.
And if you're lucky enough to be staying at Yacht, Beach or Boardwalk, you can just walk back to your room. :)

-Rob

AylaRanzz

Original Poster
Thanks so much! Chances are we're gonna be staying in the All Star Music unless the Art of Animation is open then. So, it's good to know that it can be dropped off at the Dolphin.

Skylinecar1982

I had to learn this the hard way as they lied and told me I would have transportation on a Sunday. I didn't think twice about it as it was Disney and they were always busy right?No.

I had to walk from the CCC to the TTC. There are no sidewalks and the walk is not that short. I actually had a nice little walk all by myself but, I wouldn't recommend it as it wasn't the safest places to walk. Alot of people from all over the US and the World driving while being excited while also dealing with the excited children in the cars.

Rob562

I had to learn this the hard way as they lied and told me I would have transportation on a Sunday. I didn't think twice about it as it was Disney and they were always busy right?No.

I had to walk from the CCC to the TTC. There are no sidewalks and the walk is not that short. I actually had a nice little walk all by myself but, I wouldn't recommend it as it wasn't the safest places to walk. Alot of people from all over the US and the World driving while being excited while also dealing with the excited children in the cars.

I know hindsight is 20/20, but in that situation I would've had someone at the Hess station call WDW Security for a ride. (In fact, I'm surprised Security didn't stop and pick you up along the road. They're usually good at intercepting people walking in unsafe locations such as that.

-Rob

peletbr

Bringing this topic back from the dead...

Gonna use the Disney Car Care for the first time and must return the car after hours and planning to get an Uber back to All Star Sports. Is this a valid option? Is there a specific pick up location at the center?

Also how Uber payment works in the US? Is cash an option or should I use a international credi card?

Thanks!

Rob562

Bringing this topic back from the dead...

Gonna use the Disney Car Care for the first time and must return the car after hours and planning to get an Uber back to All Star Sports. Is this a valid option? Is there a specific pick up location at the center?

Also how Uber payment works in the US? Is cash an option or should I use a international credi card?

Thanks!

Cash is not an option for any of the ride-sharing apps. Must be by credit/debit card, or using prepaid balance via a gift card. (Though if you're not likely to ever use Uber again, you risk leaving behind an unused balance that way)

Uber should have no problem picking you up at the CCC. Just make sure your location pin for pickup is accurately located on the map when you confirm the pick up.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom