Disney Cancellation policy? IN case of TS HANNA?

Cinderellylove

Original Poster
Does anyone know rules on if we have to cancel our vaca on the 6th if Hanna is bad? We have insurance, not on airfare, but on the trip itself. What happens if we do need to cancel?

mousefan1972

I really think you need to chill out a bit. :lol:

I am not trying to being mean; however I did notice that this is the 3rd thread you have started regarding TS Hanna. I am also going down soon; the 4th through the 7th. If you check accuweather or weather dot com, neither have Orlando getting "hit" by the TS. Don't worry and enjoy your upcoming vacation!

I really think you need to chill out a bit. :lol:
:ROFLOL:
I was just thinking that things were looking good for our upcoming trip and then I saw this thread and started thinking, she must know something I don't.

I love your response.

I'm just thinking good thoughts and all signs point to an enjoyable trip next week.

I'm way more worried about my friends and family in Louisiana right now.

SeaBreeze

I've noticed that you started a couple of threads about Hanna so I can tell you're really worried. Try not to be so worried :) I know these storms are unpredictable and scary, especially if you're not used to them, but I truly don't think Hanna will that bad.

The positives:
-I haven't seen/heard any models forecasting her to be a very strong storm. In fact, I'd be surprised if she becomes a hurricane (knock on wood)
-Orlando is about as inland as you get in Florida so unless a storm is very strong (like Charley), you won't be dealing with too terrible of a storm. Usually just windy days and heavy rain.
-It takes a huge storm for Disney to completely shut down their parks. With Fay, they opened earlier and closed earlier to prep for her

The track hasn't had her heading toward Orlando at all so at this point; just expect some wind and drizzles. Keep an eye on the NHC website and don't worry so much. As long as Gustav doesn't interfere with your travel out, you should be fine.

If you're incredibly worried about your trip (it is the peak of the season right now) you can probably voucher your flights and re-schedule the trip for a different time of the year. You should be fine since you insured your trip. However, I highly doubt you'll have to cancel and I'm sure you'll have a fun time here :wave:

SeaBreeze

I am not trying to being mean; however I did notice that this is the 3rd thread you have started regarding TS Hanna. I am also going down soon; the 4th through the 7th. If you check accuweather or weather dot com, neither have Orlando getting "hit" by the TS. Don't worry and enjoy your upcoming vacation!

:) You noticed too huh?

(PS: I'm also not trying to be mean)

Cinderellylove

Original Poster
Hi. I know I seem paranoid, and please forgive my threads. I think with the hype on CNN (constant negative news) and Fox and well, even normal news stations...they are talking about non stop (Gustov that is) So it had me thinking about the next system. Which is Hanna. Once Gustov made landfall, they will be moving to the next "big thing" thats how news stations work. Keeping everyone informed of all negativity out there.
PLUS, this trip is very special to me. Its my anniversary and my inlaws anniversary. Which might be the last time for them to go to Disney because of lay offs of both their jobs.
I know you were not trying to be rude, but maybe you should ask why Im so paranoid and not assume I had ADD or OCD. I just have alot riding on this trip, and never being caught in a hurricane being that I live in Dallas tx...I just dont know what to expect.

I appreciate everyones response and help. :)
GOD BLESS and I pray this does go ALL of our way for those heading out around same time I am....

As of this morning it was going to fall around GA or SC. I think you have nothing really to worry about. I understand you are worried but you did take a risk when you planned your trip during hurricane season.

SeaBreeze

Hi. I know I seem paranoid, and please forgive my threads. I think with the hype on CNN (constant negative news) and Fox and well, even normal news stations...they are talking about non stop (Gustov that is) So it had me thinking about the next system. Which is Hanna. Once Gustov made landfall, they will be moving to the next "big thing" thats how news stations work. Keeping everyone informed of all negativity out there.

I know you were not trying to be rude, but maybe you should ask why Im so paranoid and not assume I had ADD or OCD. I just have alot riding on this trip, and never being caught in a hurricane being that I live in Dallas tx...I just dont know what to expect.

I understand why you are concerned; I'm from FL and have a lot of conversation similar to this one with people who are from parts of the country who don't have to deal with these storms. That's why I was trying to help you relax. I never thought you had ADD or OCD. I know the news hypes these things up; I think in one of my posts I suggest not watching the news and just bookmarking the NHC site. Seriously, do that! It'll help your nerves a bunch! I've seen what CNN/Fox, etc do and it's unnecessary.

I also understand you have a lot riding on the trip... also why I'm trying to help you relax to enjoy it more. Honestly, with the dates of your trip, you won't know what weather to worry about. I'm pretty sure you're fine with Gustav and Hanna, but yes there are storms out there. Like I said, keep the NHC site handy and check it during your stay. I'll be there the 12th and 13th, so I'm facing the same possibilities as you, so when I say these things, I do mean it.

The weather is unpredictable and your trip is in the dead peak of hurricane season. It happens. Just do what you need to stay aware of the conditions and focus the rest on the fact that you'll be at WDW having a blast :)

We're all just trying to help you enjoy your upcoming trip. :shrug:

palmage

I like the pretty blue one!!!

You really don't need to worry, you might get some rain but thats about it.
It'll be long gone by friday.
I'll be there next weekend.

hurricane_track_models_2.jpg

SeaBreeze

I like the pretty blue one!!!

You really don't need to worry, you might get some rain but thats about it.
It'll be long gone by friday.
I'll be there next weekend.

hurricane_track_models_2.jpg

I'm glad we seem to be in the clear (esp since I have my PhD qualifier this coming week) but unfortunately, now it's heading right for my grandparents. Figures.

Cinderellylove

Original Poster
Thanks, THat does help me!
This website is awesome. You guys are all so caring. I guess because we have one thing in common> DISNEY LOVERS:)

I appreciate the updates as well. I am starting to calm down. I honestly thought that Disney would shut down? I called them to get the # to the insur co. we purchased with Disney. He went on and on about the storms. He said Fay made alot of people leave. They kept everything going, and many had FUN! he said alot of folks said they would rather go during that time cause its not so hot and no long lines. He said they keep rides going, which again, I thought they would shut it down. Only thing he didnt explain very well was like fireworks and parades. Does anyone know about that? I dont see them popping fireworks in rain? BUT its Disney and Im finding out since I been to this website and really reading things the last 3 weeks....Disney is pretty amazing:)

Update as far as I seen today- they keep talking about Gustav, not really anything on Hanna. BUT I agree with you guys, Im going to stay clear from CNN and watch on weather channel and the site you listed.

THANKS AGAIN For all your help:)
Yacht club, concierge level Sept. 6-13

SeaBreeze

Glad you are feeling better :wave: No matter what happens during your trip, Disney will take care of you. If any tricky weather starts worrying you, just call your front desk and I assure you that you will feel fine after talking to them.

You'll probably have thunderstorms in the afternoons anyway; just take cover inside somewhere and stick it out... the crowds are usually pretty light right after a storm:)

MouseearsDeb

I would suggest not turning on any news channels. Back when 9/11 happened we had the news on for days and realized it was affecting us/me especially very negatively. I finally had to turn the TV off. It didn't mean what happened wasn't on my mind. I would turn off the weather and every once in a while, maybe first thing in the morning and late in the evening check the NH website. Best wishes and hope you have a wonderful, magic filled trip! :sohappy:

Menpell

We have booked Disney for 11years now, each time during the Sept/Oct hurricane season. Mainly because of the deals, it's their slower time of year. I have never had one problem going that time of year. Out of the 11 years, we had one full day of rain. You will, however, experience an occasional rain shower in the afternoon. And that may not be everyday either. Last year we entered the Beauty and the Beast show and it began to downpour. By the end of the show, the sun was shining. You will be fine Cinderellylove. I am there the same week as you and was a little nervous when I heard about Hanna. But it will be well north of us, by the time I arrive. So relax, finish packing, and enjoy counting down the hours till you leave!!

Rabflmom

I have never had one problem going that time of year.<>>>>>>>

And I for one am praying you can continue with your good fortune of missing the stormy times.

I have to say I am getting a little more nervous about the conditions in the coming week. Hanna has become a hurricane. She will probably be off the coast of Brevard by only 70 miles. Depending on her strength and size that may be more of a problem for the East coast than I thought. Many storms have hit where not really expected by 100 miles sometimes.( Thinking Erin in 1995 which was suopposed to come in at Palm Beach but came in near Vero Beach)
If it wobbles too much it could be more than expected. Right now if it stays out the 70 miles the coast might have 60mph winds by Thursday night. Orlando area probably in the 40s. Not supposed to be a big rain maker either BUT there is now Tropical Storm IKE out there who is supposed to be coming west sort of following Hanna who just might be more of a threat over next weekend or beginning of the week. And behind that is disturbance #9 which is predicted to strengthen and become TS Josephine tomorrow.

My problem I have to get out of here on Thursday morning so the local airport can't close. Anyone know the wind speed etc. for when they close an airport? If it is already stormy I will be scared to fly anyway. I have waited a whole year to see my family up North and I really want to get up there.

Then I have to fly back in next Wed. for a very important meeting on Thursday. In the meantime I am leaving my son and husband to handle anything that comes this way. Not sure it will be in good hands though. When we had to evacuate because of the fires in April my husband just dumped his underwear/sock drawer in a laundry basket and didn't pack one descent thing to wear out in public! :ROFLOL:

agent86

Do not click on links in this thread!!

Hopefully this thread will get locked and/or deleted soon anyway. The member, lyjg1201, is clearly making false posts that have suspicious links in them. He/she has posted in 5 different threads so far and in most of them, the OP is brand new with very few posts as well. The OP's in most of these threads are probably fake as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom