Disney California Adventure to launch food experience in March

DrAlice

I was interested but now that the details have been announced I’ll Pass.
I'm not really defending this thing, as I wouldn't pay for it either.** However, I'm also not really sure what you expected. We all know they'd feel the need to charge more than Knott's & SeaWorld, and there isn't really much more they can offer than what they are offering in the current situation (food, shopping, and some character drive-bys). At least they included parking. Honestly, this is about what I figured they would do. I mean, did you expect Disney to offer a bargain price? It's still Disney, pandemic or not.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I expect these tickets will go fast.

** For what it's worth, without the parks open, I see no need to go to DTD either (free or not).

DLR>WDW

This’ a pretty weak offering by Disney and seems to me is just a stepping stone for their eventual opening in the summer, allowing them to recall Cast Members and get DCA up a running so come the time they’re allowed to actually reopen, most of the infrastructure will already be in place.

flutas

I'm not really defending this thing, as I wouldn't pay for it either.** However, I'm also not really sure what you expected. We all know they'd feel the need to charge more than Knott's & SeaWorld, and there isn't really much more they can offer than what they are offering in the current situation (food, shopping, and some character drive-bys). At least they included parking. Honestly, this is about what I figured they would do. I mean, did you expect Disney to offer a bargain price? It's still Disney, pandemic or not.

** For what it's worth, without the parks open, I see no need to go to DTD either (free or not).

What I expected was maybe $60, and a similar tab system to what they do for Food & Wine (and what Knott's is doing).

Not a $25 "dining card" that can't be used anywhere else, and for an unknown amount of food.

Does that $25 get 6 menu items, or 1? Can you get a good amount of food with it, or do you get a corn dog and half a churro?

Darkbeer1

What I expected was maybe $60, and a similar tab system to what they do for Food & Wine (and what Knott's is doing).

Not a $25 "dining card" that can't be used anywhere else, and for an unknown amount of food.

Does that $25 get 6 menu items, or 1? Can you get a good amount of food with it, or do you get a corn dog and half a churro?

My guess, the menu's will be more like full sized portions, such as Fried Chicken. So price is based on the food item, size of the item, etc.

Unlike Knott's, which is aiming to have the same value. So smaller drinks, sliders instead of burgers, etc.

mickEblu

I thought it would be $75 for $40 or $50 worth of (bite size) food. Never really thought about parking. I thought it would be a more expensive food wine thing. Instead your getting less food but getting parking... that you can get at DTD anyway for $10.

Just hearing them market it as a 25$ Dining card with parking and photo pass turned me off.

If the trams are running maybe I’ll do it. Lol

mickEblu

My guess, the menu's will be more like full sized portions, such as Fried Chicken. So price is based on the food item, size of the item, etc.

Unlike Knott's, which is aiming to have the same value. So smaller drinks, sliders instead of burgers, etc.

No I think it’s said mini portions specifically when they mentioned the monte cristo

Stevek

Additional discussions here:
@The Mom can we merge threads?

mickEblu

Forgot to mention I also expected a little more emphasis on entertainment particularly on music and maybe a cavalcade or something.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom