Disney buys Fox for $52 Billion

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Who do we talk to about this...
Screen Shot 2017-12-14 at 9.53.15 AM.png
25299536_2072334066116488_6584877018962646148_n.png

Darkbeer1

http://www.latimes.com/business/hollywood/la-fi-ct-disney-culture-clash-20171214-story.html

>>Stewie Griffin, meet Mickey Mouse.

The foulmouthed toddler of Fox’s animated series “Family Guy” is an un-potty-trained troublemaker whose florid vocabulary and diabolical machinations would likely get him kicked out of the Magic Kingdom.

But with Walt Disney Co.’s game-changing plan to acquire key 21st Century Fox assets, including its movie and TV production studios, Stewie could soon find himself corporate cousins with Disney’s wholesome cast of animated characters, from “Aladdin” to “Zootopia.”<<

So Disney is buying the solution to DCA. Goodbye DCA, welcome to Fox California Escapade, where the Disney characters go north, and we have many (but not The Simpsons) Fox Cartoon Characters instead.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
http://www.latimes.com/business/hollywood/la-fi-ct-disney-culture-clash-20171214-story.html

>>Stewie Griffin, meet Mickey Mouse.

The foulmouthed toddler of Fox’s animated series “Family Guy” is an un-potty-trained troublemaker whose florid vocabulary and diabolical machinations would likely get him kicked out of the Magic Kingdom.

But with Walt Disney Co.’s game-changing plan to acquire key 21st Century Fox assets, including its movie and TV production studios, Stewie could soon find himself corporate cousins with Disney’s wholesome cast of animated characters, from “Aladdin” to “Zootopia.”<<

So Disney is buying the solution to DCA. Goodbye DCA, welcome to Fox California Escapade, where the Disney characters go north, and we have many (but not The Simpsons) Fox Cartoon Characters instead.

I can't imagine seeing any of the Fox animated characters in a Disney Park.

Rich T

Anastasia
Titan A.E.
Ice Age
Robots
Horton Hears a Who
Rio
Fantastic Mr. Fox
Olive the other Reindeer
Almost Nobody would recognize anyone from Titan A.E., Robots, Mr. Fox or Olive. But on the other hand, most people think Anastasia is a Disney film anyway. Ooh, ooh, can we have a decomposing Rasputin doing meet n' greets?

Darkbeer1

How long until Disney just actually buys Universal?

Never, no way Anti-Trust laws allow it.

Comcast was the other main player in the FOX bidding wars, and stepped out when, in their opinion, Disney decided to overpay for Fox.

I think a better question is when Six Flags, Cedar Fair and SeaWorld/Busch will merge with Merlin (LEGOLAND), and Sony/Columbia buys them.

truecoat

Well, I went to look at the biggest films in 21st Century's possesion. Avatar, Star Wars and Marvel stuff. I guess we already have this leveraged into Disney parks, except Ice Age I guess.

TROR

Sooo, the big question is...how do they leverage some of the IP into the theme park business?
Honestly, my best guess is that won't in the same way you don't see Pulp Fiction characters in the parks. I think all of the characters that aren't already present will be transferred over to Marvel, such as X-Men and possibly Fantastic Four, and Avatar land will just receive more upgrades throughout the years than it would have if it wasn't owned by Disney.

Phroobar

Sooo, the big question is...how do they leverage some of the IP into the theme park business?
Maybe they can build a restaurant based on Fox news? FOX News Bistro. We would have dinner in the FOX news room and be served by news anchor look a likes. Who doesn't want to have dinner with Julie Banderas, Maria Bartiromo and Shannon Bream? It would be attached to a dark ride that takes us through various "important" new stories with a FOX attitude. It will be a hit in conservative Orange county.

TROR

If Fox properties exist at Disney Parks AND in theme parks outside of Disney, then it will dilute the Disney brand, much like Marvel properties existing in theme parks outside of Disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom