Disney buys 1000 acres of land

Stripes

This new land purchased is owned by a Disney Subsidiary.
215 Celebration Place, LLC

When you trace that name as a physical address you get a building in Celebration owned by:
215 Celebration Place, LLC c/o Walt Disney World Resort Legal Dept.

I would have thought the new property would have been owned by RCID since it is already touching RCID lands.

Kind of an interesting twist.....

This is the where the owner name ties back to. as well as the general address of 1375 Buena Vista Dr (TDO Bldg)

View attachment 340010

Here's a sample of one of the plots. Other plots still show as being owned by prior owner or in some cases both. This likely will clear up in the coming weeks due to slow process of deeds. (I know this from personal experience)

View attachment 340011
Not entirely related but Disney is building another office building (nearly 100,000 sq ft) near Kirkland that's next to another completely nondescript office building that they occupy. I'm trying to find the address.

Edit: here it is: 7012 Grand National Dr. Orlando, FL 32819
http://or.occompt.com/recorder/eagleweb/downloads/20180509619.pdf?parent=DOC2457S915

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I think it is smart to move as many administrators off property as possible. Frees up land and gets rid of traffic.

Just check how much office space is located at DHS. A lot of those functions can be consolidated and relocated.

Depends on what the offices are for. If they are related directly to the operation of the park, then it may make more sense for them to be close to the park. Other function might make more sense to be off site.

jt04

Depends on what the offices are for. If they are related directly to the operation of the park, then it may make more sense for them to be close to the park. Other function might make more sense to be off site.

DHS seems to have an abundance of offices. I agree some functions need to remain.

Disneyland really needs to do this. They must be tempted to use that newly cleared space that was going to be a parking garage for offices instead.

Bender123

Not entirely related but Disney is building another office building (nearly 100,000 sq ft) near Kirkland that's next to another completely nondescript office building that they occupy. I'm trying to find the address.

http://or.occompt.com/recorder/eagleweb/downloads/20180509619.pdf?parent=DOC2457S915

That Notary has insanely amazing penmanship...I'm jealous. My penmanship looks like a drunk man trying to draw a straight line while riding a roller coaster.

Stripes

Just a little more info here, apparently one of the existing buildings in the same complex: 7055 S Kirkman Rd, houses "Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Global Business Technology Strategy" which handles things such as ticketing and fastpass systems.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
DHS seems to have an abundance of offices. I agree some functions need to remain.

Disneyland really needs to do this. They must be tempted to use that newly cleared space that was going to be a parking garage for offices instead.

Toy Story Land took out a bunch of backstage buildings...

1547151469392.png

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes

Hmmm.. that's the heart of Universal lands.

That's by where the call center is.

GlacierGlacier

It has been mentioned.

It's being reported that they bought an additional 1,500+ acres
Indeed more land next to the last site that's not zoned for any building at all, making it a likely scenario that this is future preservation offsets for developing conservation plots within WDW.

https://www.growthspotter.com/news/...ceola-land-for-11-million-20190108-story.html

View attachment 339699

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Just imagine if the other parks had a full day's worth of rides for families and a terrific night show. I think it could certainly pull people from the MK.

The only way for MK to solve its own problem is to limit ticket sales or stop being the MK.

I don’t disagree with your idea...

The problem is it can’t happen due to the historical record/choices.

Only magic kingdom and Epcot got a full buildout to support that kinda park. Mgm never did and their grand “reworking”
Doesn’t add all that much space. The die is really cast there now.

Dak had the vision...but they shorted it and now after all these years and the cost it would take is not conducive based on its longterm performance.

And the same is really true with Epcot because they sat on it for 30 years. That was never an option if you wanted that type of crowd to grow.

SteveAZee

Just imagine if the other parks had a full day's worth of rides for families and a terrific night show. I think it could certainly pull people from the MK.

The only way for MK to solve its own problem is to limit ticket sales or stop being the MK.

As you suggest, turn all the other parks into MK 2.0, 3.0, etc... which seems to be the approach they're taking.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
As you suggest, turn all the other parks into MK 2.0, 3.0, etc... which seems to be the approach they're taking.

That can never be done at mgm...it is a tough sell at dak...and they’ve rotted the piling out from underneath Epcot and making that hard.

After all this stuff opens...not a lot will have changed. And probably the best pure attraction from a crowd use level will end up being tron...which conveniently is in mk.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom