Disney Buses way to slow

aew_2002

Original Poster
What is going on with all the buses being 45 minutes late or more? This has happened to my family for the past 2 weekends. We went for the "not so scary halloween party" and "super soap weekend" The cast members that saw how long the lines were LIED to the guest saying that we would get to the parks before anyone else, and that they would not open the parking lot till 830. HAHA it was already 815 and we had been waiting in line since 720. They also told us that all wrist bands were not going to be given out until the park opening along with the line. The park was already open when we got there!!! What is with this? 2 weekend in a row the buses have been a pain. And i'm not the only one complaining. :veryconfu

Chris

In all of the times we have been at WDW we have only taken a bus once. My advice is to rent a car. If you are a resort guest, you dont pay for parking.

dopey

i stayed at a hotel in the village (downtown disney) a few weeks ago and the buses ran like clockwork. they were never overly crowded at night either.

the village buses run on a posted schedule, which makes it easier. the resort buses probably run on a sked too, but, to my knowledge, it ain't posted nowheres, which always leaves you guessing.

Scooter

AEW_2002...
..It's unfornunate that you had such a bad experiance with the buses while you were there.

My wife and I were at WDW last week and stayed on property. We took buses to Downtown Disney, Disney MGM, and Animal Kingdom and never experianced more than a 15 minute wait. One time we even saw the Animal Kingdom bus pulling away and it was the bus we wanted. We thought we were going to have to wait forever to catch the next one but it was there in less than 15 minutes.

I hope you have better luck next time. I have had a few bad experiances with crowded and late buses over the years so I know how frustrating it can be.:brick:

Coronado

Bus problems do not come from scheduling. Most bus routes have enough units running to make the wait short. The big problem since 9-11 is the hold up at the gates to the resorts. Cars back up waiting to be checked through. If a bus is behind them...the wait may be longer. On special days (soaps weekend) (Star Wars) etc. bus routes are much slower because of the concentration of on site guests all wanting to go to the same host park. It does beat the time spectro magic let out and they used Disney Cruise line busses to take care of overflow.....We were headed for AS... the driver missed the turn off of World Drive and we wound up driving east on 10 to exit 26b and back. I always wanted a Disney Cruise Line tour of Highway 192 west!:animwink:

Tom Morrow

Well, I just got back from WDW too, and I noticed a huge drop in the bus services. I noticed there were a lot less busses running, so I think they have temporarily cut back on the # of busses running until business picks up.

aew_2002

Original Poster
I'm not saying I hate disney or anything like that. I just makes me mad that this happened to my family 2 weekends in a row. During "Mickey's not so scary halloween party" it took us 2 hours to get into the park!! we left for the buses an hour ahead and still did not get into the park until 8. Super Soap I know other resorts want to get into the parks to but isn't it silly that for the all star's the use the same bus. So if your at movies the bus is already full. Smart? :veryconfu

Grim Grinner

Twice the frustration

All in all, I love the bus system. It alleviates the need for me to drive, and for the most part is pretty efficient. However... my group ran into a scenario twice that delayed us significantly.

The first time we waited at Typhoon Lagoon for about 15 minutes. When we got on the bus, we thought... ok, we'll go through Downtown Disney and be able to change back at the rooms.

Anyways, our bus went to the first station at DTD and stopped. The bus driver got out a book and started reading. A half-hour went by and we were still sitting there. BTW those seats can be painful after awhile. It turns out that our driver was waiting out his shift. When we finally got another driver, we went to the remaining locations at DTD, and went BACK to Typhoon Lagoon! Ack! Then we returned to the first station at DTD. We were afraid that we'd all have to wait through the other stops, but fortunately we ended up back at our resort (Carib. Beach). All in all, we lost at least two hours. This is a rarity, I know... but I did happen a second time. Once again the hang-up was Downtown Disney... Oh well.

aew_2002

Original Poster
we've stayed at almost every Disney resort. Understand that a bus cut could have come from Sept 11th. Still it, can drive you nuts. The worst part was that was that the cast member lied and said that they would not open the parking lot for wrist bands until 830. People had already gottan there wrist bands at 530!!!!how stupid is that? now I don't care that i didn't get a wrist band, its just the point of it all.:zipit:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom