Disney Bus Transportation: Clever Devices Intelligent Transportation System (ITS)

WeekendGM

It’s been 3s for 20 years...since before the troubles started

They can do flux capacity...but not the standard. It’s also not a good idea.
The normal goal most of the last decade or so before automation was a 4-3-2 (Resort-Express-Epcot) operation. Epcot very rarely would have three trains and the resort line almost always needs four for the demand (DVC expansions).

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The normal goal most of the last decade or so before automation was a 4-3-2 (Resort-Express-Epcot) operation. Epcot very rarely would have three trains and the resort line almost always needs four for the demand (DVC expansions).
Makes sense...

Net result was 3 in the roundhouse

4 on one line results in a good deal of stop time.

UNCgolf

Yeah, on a trip last year we saw a bus for Hollywood Studios waiting directly behind another bus for Hollywood Studios at our resort bus stop. Unfortunately, we weren't headed to Hollywood Studios.

Indeed.

This would make sense if there were a ton of people waiting on a bus to Hollywood Studios and so they dispatched an extra bus to deal with the backlog, but at least in my case, none of the three were even close to being full.

UNCgolf

Monorail, PeopleMover, self-driving pods, anything more “magical” than city busses. I understand the flexibility of a bus system, and the fact that these are outside the park transportation and not “attractions,” but I always prefer when Disney thinks outside the box (and into the future) a bit.

Oh I'd love if everything was connected by some combination of monorails and people movers. That would be incredible.

There's absolutely no chance of that happening, though -- the costs would be astronomical. Buses are probably the only feasible driving solution to efficiently move the number of people they need to move.

Touchdown

I still think you could create a series of hubs (the parks) with separate spokes. I’m going to use the monorail for this, but you could convert this to light rail too

Imagine if the express monorail was connected to the Epcot Line, and then the line was continued to DHS and then Animal Kingdom. This line would be called “The Theme Park Express Line” and at Epcot and DHS would have stops going in both directions so that it could serve as the main line to not only park hop but also transfer to other lines. Then each park would have local loops to nearby resorts like MK has (which would be extended to WL, and FW.)

That’s the dream, but that’s all it is...

JoeCamel

I still think you could create a series of hubs (the parks) with separate spokes. I’m going to use the monorail for this, but you could convert this to light rail too

Imagine if the express monorail was connected to the Epcot Line, and then the line was continued to DHS and then Animal Kingdom. This line would be called “The Theme Park Express Line” and at Epcot and DHS would have stops going in both directions so that it could serve as the main line to not only park hop but also transfer to other lines. Then each park would have local loops to nearby resorts like MK has (which would be extended to WL, and FW.)

Peter is that you?:angelic: :hilarious:

_caleb

Oh I'd love if everything was connected by some combination of monorails and people movers. That would be incredible.

There's absolutely no chance of that happening, though -- the costs would be astronomical. Buses are probably the only feasible driving solution to efficiently move the number of people they need to move.
I know-too expensive. We were talking about self-driving open-plan buses here a while back. That’d be nice.

The bus system in Raleigh, NC has a realtime bus location tracker. Theirs was done by TransLoc. Seems like something Disney could easily implement.

Unless there is a reason they wouldn’t want guests to know where the buses are or when they might arrive...

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I know-too expensive. We were talking about self-driving open-plan buses here a while back. That’d be nice.

The bus system in Raleigh, NC has a realtime bus location tracker. Theirs was done by TransLoc. Seems like something Disney could easily implement.

Unless there is a reason they wouldn’t want guests to know where the buses are or when they might arrive...
Public and private

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Monorail, PeopleMover, self-driving pods, anything more “magical” than city busses. I understand the flexibility of a bus system, and the fact that these are outside the park transportation and not “attractions,” but I always prefer when Disney thinks outside the box (and into the future) a bit.
Buses are the most flexible for their needs...sadly.

Cities are not for profit and have taxing authority and qualify for state and federal transportation grants.

Just minor details 😉

_caleb

Buses are the most flexible for their needs...sadly.

Cities are not for profit and have taxing authority and qualify for state and federal transportation grants.

Just minor details 😉
They could always do a network of scooters.
024D8E7C-5914-4142-BD18-7E7124902ED4.jpeg

SourcererMark79

In the Parks
No
I'm not holding my breath either

I hope I'm still alive when you can get to DAK and DAKL via something other than car or bus.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom