Disney Bus Involed in Fatal Crash This Evening

hardcard

Original Poster
http://www.clickorlando.com/news/19100970/detail.html

Apparently it WAS a Disney World operated bus..... I had my doubts about that, but it seems to be confirmed..

It was NOT, however, the bus drivers fault... read the story for details... Apparently she lost control of her vehicle and veared across World drive, ultimately smashing into the bus traveling the opposite direction..

accident happened near the contemporary and the wilderness lodge.

WDW1974

Sad. That driver had to be going at quite a clip, though.

Wonder if she was a CM as they often speed through that area rushing to/fro work.

hardcard

Original Poster
Sad. That driver had to be going at quite a clip, though.

Wonder if she was a CM as they often speed through that area rushing to/fro work.

I agree.... I've seen quite a few CM's driving..... how should I say? Worse then the tourists :)

TURKEY

No one on Earth drives worse than tourists, no one. :brick:

That's an interesting argument. I find that most tourists for not knowing the roads, etc aren't that bad.

It's locals that cause me the most headaches as they can't take their time or leave 5 minutes early. The locals are the ones that are the cause of most accidents/near misses I see.

Hrudey3032

That's an interesting argument. I find that most tourists for not knowing the roads, etc aren't that bad.

It's locals that cause me the most headaches as they can't take their time or leave 5 minutes early. The locals are the ones that are the cause of most accidents/near misses I see.

I see you are at Four Corners so you have to be near 192 and 27 so I will ask.....Have you seen my dad's driving? :eek: LOOK OUT!!! Look out for a Burgandy Chevy Avalanche!!!

Siege898

I disagree. I know my exact route to work and most of the time when I get close to an accident its caused by a tourist who didn't see the sign or made a bad turn and then decides to do something stupid. Sure, I drive down I-4 at 80-90 mph and about 20 less on disney property, but if you're smart, there won't be any problems.

hardcard

Original Poster
The absolutely WORST thing has got to be when a car makes the u-turn to 'return to the magic kingdom' while exiting the parking lot (just before the toll booths) and cuts ALL THE WAY ACROSS ALL LANES OF TRAFFIC to get to world drive north and go towards the contemporary!! they drive across **12** lanes of oncoming traffic to get there... For the love of god.. thats an accident waiting to happen..

saw an SUV and a motocycle do it this past weekend..... morons!:king::hammer:

WDWFREAK53

The absolutely WORST thing has got to be when a car makes the u-turn to 'return to the magic kingdom' while exiting the parking lot (just before the toll booths) and cuts ALL THE WAY ACROSS ALL LANES OF TRAFFIC to get to world drive north and go towards the contemporary!! they drive across **12** lanes of oncoming traffic to get there... For the love of god.. thats an accident waiting to happen..

saw an SUV and a motocycle do it this past weekend..... morons!:king::hammer:

:lol: That's a bad area "signage-wise."

You get through the toll and have that road is right on top of you! I've almost missed it a few times (not really paying attention to where I was going and all giddy because we were SO CLOSE!).

Making a U-turn there is suicide though :lol:

Main Street USA

I disagree. I know my exact route to work and most of the time when I get close to an accident its caused by a tourist who didn't see the sign or made a bad turn and then decides to do something stupid. Sure, I drive down I-4 at 80-90 mph and about 20 less on disney property, but if you're smart, there won't be any problems.
You drive 90 on I-4 and then say "if you're smart".... I hate to break it to you, but you've already dropped off the smart map if you're driving 90 on the interstate, and only 20 less on WDW property. ;)

whendoweleave?

I must say Florida drivers drive like nuts!!! I live part time in Orlando and even when im not near Disney and im just out and about people cut across 3 lanes of traffic with out looking. Make left turns from the right lane don't even think of using turn signals. I have seen more cars flipped over on their roof's in a few months in Florida than i have in my entire life in Pennsylvania!
I know around Disney property it's the tourists un familar with the area driving like nuts but how do you explain it in other areas like Altamonmte,Casselberry,Winter Park....
All that being said i pray for the people involved and their families.

Chape19714

You drive 90 on I-4 and then say "if you're smart".... I hate to break it to you, but you've already dropped off the smart map if you're driving 90 on the interstate, and only 20 less on WDW property. ;)
I hate to say it, but if you don't go 80-90 on I4, you will get run over by everyone. It's probally safter to go that speed than the posted speed limit that nobody adhears to.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
No one on Earth drives worse than tourists, no one. :brick:

Really, well I can only say that your average colonial drives as badly as a bad Italian driver. Not helped of course buy having cars that cant corner. Only in my experience of course, not searched out any empirical data, but I have driven quite a bit .

Still a tragedy all the same.

Since1976

Worst turn I've seen at WDW: left turn from World Drive to International Drive.

The signs above and in front all indicate that the left lane is for turning left. So, it seems like *everyone* gets in the left lane about 20 feet too early, at a U-turn area, not realizing there is another island in front of them (in front of which is the real left turn area). On my last trip, I saw at least 3 cars on different nights with the cars partially or totally on that island, with flat tires, ruined axles, etc.

I wonder if there was ever any thought to putting a sign on that island to keep people from running over it? Or perhaps someone ran over it, and no one thought to replace it?

bgraham34

That is terrible to hear about that accident. For a second I thought it was going to be a fatality on the bus with numerous injuries.

hardcard

Original Poster
no.. from all the reports, it sounds like the bus 'ate' the car... really tragic... I always think to myself when I see an accident or something bad on property... 'these people were here to have fun, and now look what happened!'

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Yeah, one person dies, and nine people can never see WDW the same way again.
"Oh, remember last time we were here? It was on this road that we killed somebody!
Look! There's the Tower of Terror!"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom