Rumor Disney bus driver busted for grooming kids on chat while at work

Status
Not open for further replies.

mergatroid

Now comes the telling part about the Disney fan base, as we watch people get more triggered over a CM of the company getting exposed, than the fact children were impacted by sinister behavior.

(For examples: See comments above and most likely following this.)
But when you've seen this rodeo so many times, it's almost expected. Something hits the news about a predator being arrested who works for Disney. Then we usually get the same response from the Disney die-hards:
"This isn't DISNEY's fault. Shame on the media!"
"Why do they always make headlines when it's a Disney employee? Shame on the journalists!"
"Why is this being discussed? Shame!"
"Shame on the OP! Not the correct CM!!" SHAME!!!!"

Then somebody reminds the angry mob that children have been hurt through all this, and suddenly it's...
View attachment 646792

Forgive me. Apparently I'm being very unreasonable for thinking any anger should be toward the predatory behavior, and not the reporting of it.

We'll go through this route yet again the next time there's an O-Town sting operation...

Not worth even trying to makes sense. I'm out of this one. You CM's have fun looking out for your own when these stings occur.

Maybe my head is bizarre for thinking there's a bigger problem than "Oh, there's another person who happens to share the same name so we shouldn't talk about this...it's slander! :rolleyes:

The title alone is clickbaitey for readers familiar with the other (innocent) Zach. But as soon as you read the post and see the picture, you know it's not the same person. If people are that easily fooled, then I surely hope someone with my first name and occupation doesn't get busted for something.

Click bait title, yes, if the OP was trying to get attention based on another well known individual.
Rather ironically the responses you've provided claiming "people get more triggered over a CM of the company getting exposed, than the fact children were impacted by sinister behavior", not once show any sympathy to the children being abused in this story. Now I'm 99.9% sure that you and everyone else assumes it goes without saying that the kids are the most important part of this sordid tale and deserve our concern over everything else. However it's ironic that you make 5 replies to the topic criticising others for not mentioning the true victims whilst not doing so yourself and accusing others of doing what you've done? You seem more triggered by other people's 'predicted' responses than the fact children were impacted by sinister behaviour.

eliza61nyc

Rather ironically the responses you've provided claiming "people get more triggered over a CM of the company getting exposed, than the fact children were impacted by sinister behavior", not once show any sympathy to the children being abused in this story. Now I'm 99.9% sure that you and everyone else assumes it goes without saying that the kids are the most important part of this sordid tale and deserve our concern over everything else. However it's ironic that you make 5 replies to the topic criticising others for not mentioning the true victims whilst not doing so yourself and accusing others of doing what you've done? You seem more triggered by other people's 'predicted' responses than the fact children were impacted by sinister behaviour.
😆 👍🏽👍🏽
We call that "pot meet kettle syndrome "

Spot on @mergatroid

Disneyson

We all understand how horrible this is for the children, and I can assume that we are all glad that this horrible person was captured. But because of the wording of the topic’s title, it is clear that this user cares more to create a toxic flame war rather than respect the news story or honor the serious nature of the situation.

You are playing into the toxic trap that this thread is meant to perpetuate.

bhg469

So here's the thing... I don't know or care who the other more famous Zach is... I feel like I'm also in the majority.

Thelazer

Original Poster
I'll admit, to thinking that yes this title would trigger folks a bit:

However, (*BOMBSHELL*) NOT because they might confuse the name with another "well known" Disney person.

But because, overall folks on WDWMagic want to defend Disney at all costs.

I figured there would be like a ton of this:

"How dare you post something so fake about Disney Bus Drivers, why they are the MOST HELPFUL ever, they can do no wrong, they work so hard and are sooo sweet and have the BEST TRIVIA!.. you evil person.. DISNEY 4 LIFE!"

But as far as clickbait goes.. eh, I'm sure BlogMickey and InsideTheMagic are crying themselves to sleep right now only because they didn't think of this one first.

Disneyson

However, (*BOMBSHELL*) NOT because they might confuse the name with another "well known" Disney person.

"How dare you post something so fake about Disney Bus Drivers, why they are the MOST HELPFUL ever, they can do no wrong, they work so hard and are sooo sweet and have the BEST TRIVIA!.. you evil person.. DISNEY 4 LIFE!"

But as far as clickbait goes.. eh, I'm sure BlogMickey and InsideTheMagic are crying themselves to sleep right now only because they didn't think of this one first.
I’m very glad that nobody has said such a thing.

maemae74

Well it's much easier to get upset over the right thing WHEN THE FACTS ARE PRESENTED correctly.
Previous posters were correct, the thread title is a pot shot aimed at a well known figure.

Click bait and misleading
For us in the back who is this other Zach everyone is falling all over themselves to defend and why do some not like him ?

Sir_Cliff

Sure Jan GIF

Why didn't you title the thread "Disney Bus Driver busted for grooming kids" then?

We all know what you were doing and that if his name happened to be John the thread title wouldn't be "John busted for grooming kids on Disney bus".

eliza61nyc

For us in the back who is this other Zach everyone is falling all over themselves to defend and why do some not like him ?
So the first part, the other Zach is a well know imagined.

I'm not so much as defending him as much as defending posting news worthy information factual without an innuendo for the sole purpose of getting your topic read.

So basically the op didn't title the thread to call attention to pedophiles, he/she did it to start a fight.

Tacky at best. Don't we have enough "spin" going on as is in real life

Last edited:

EeyoreFan#24

I was going to stay out of this as I figured the title was just looking for an argument once I read the story.

But, using a story about victimized children as a tool to fish for comments to argue over about Disney is just classless to say the least.

Goofyernmost

Bull! He is a sick individual person. He is acting out of that mental illness. Grooming, seriously? I'm not even sure anyone can even define that term in relation to this stuff. As far as defending Disney, if you can come up with one single reason why Disney is responsible for this I will be happy to listen. Disney was his place of work. Did anyone ask where Jeffrey Dahmer worked and then blame his employer for his behavior? Would we even have heard about it if he was on the clock for Target instead of Disney? Can we at least try and stop being stupid? I'm glad they caught him but if that law enforcement spokesman is indicative of how our law enforcement is thinking, we are in big, big trouble as a civilization. Which I'm not even sure we are anymore. We definitely are not civilized.

Last edited:

mergatroid

We all understand how horrible this is for the children, and I can assume that we are all glad that this horrible person was captured. But because of the wording of the topic’s title, it is clear that this user cares more to create a toxic flame war rather than respect the news story or honor the serious nature of the situation.

You are playing into the toxic trap that this thread is meant to perpetuate.
Not really, I wasn't replying to the person who started this thread?

DryerLintFan

Premium Member

Inside the magic literally has the second article linked on the thread, lol. Not only are you creating click bait but you didn’t even read it 😂😂

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!

Please show me specific examples in this thread of where anyone defended the accused pedophile.

Disone

Honestly, can a moderator just change the headline. The headline is at best and oversight and not well thought out, and at worse an absolute classless attempt to get clickbait by using the name of a very well-known imagineer.

Frankly, I'm going to put this thread on mute and get my news on this story from somewhere else. I encourage all others to do the same as we are only rewarding the OP by responding here. So this will be my one and done response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom