Disney building an Indiana Jones movie universe!?

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Original Poster
http://moviehole.net/2016106928disney-building-indiana-jones-movie-universe

Though a totally different kettle of fish than “Star Wars” and the Marvel comic book movies – being that both of those franchises are intended to fix on different characters, not the one steadfast headline act – Disney have hinted that they’re planning to build a movie universe around their newly-acquired “Indiana Jones” label.

In addition to a recently announced fifth film in the series, one that will reunite Harrison Ford (as Indy) with director Steven Spielberg, ILM president Lynwen Brennan revealed to attendees at Star Wars Celebration Europe this past weekend that an interconnected series of films based on the “Indiana Jones” series could be in the works. What that likely means is that outside of the traditional Harrison Ford-starring “Indiana Jones” movie series, we’ll likely see spin-offs (maybe a Short Round movie?) or prequels to the earlier films (Young Indiana Jones is a given, no!?). Granted, the only confirmed new “Indy” film at this stage is 2019’s Ford-Spielberg effort, so those a little concerned about the ‘universe’ of films happening beyond that mightn’t need to be too worried just yet – the idea might just go away.

prberk

I know that I am in the minority, but I still think that Shia Labeouf was not a bad choice for the next generation. He's been a little crazy in his off-screen life lately, and that may be his downfall; but otherwise I think he fit the role well. Chris Pratt is OK, but I think spread a little thin these days.

erasure fan1

I know that I am in the minority, but I still think that Shia Labeouf was not a bad choice for the next generation. He's been a little crazy in his off-screen life lately, and that may be his downfall; but otherwise I think he fit the role well. Chris Pratt is OK, but I think spread a little thin these days.
I agree about Shia, he was by far not the problem with crystal skull. He didn't write the swinging from vines to catch up with the vehicle. Or hiding in a fridge to escape a nuclear explosion. Yea hes a wacko now but you could name tons of celebrities that are as well but still get work.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom