Disney Bride & Groom Forego Catering, Host Mickey & Minnie instead

Was this couple right or wrong for foregoing catering for Mickey & Minnie?

• Right

• Wrong

• It's complicated

Results are only viewable after voting.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I think then the whole thing was made. Mickey and Minnie for a first dance. Would Disney weddings book this? Isnt there a food minimum?.
A host suggests vending machines? How can that be anything but a troll? A different sense of humor.
There is…and it was actually a pretty good deal aeons ago when some yutz I knew got married there…

But it went through da ROOF (sound familiar?) ever since.

I have to think they must have made a special contract for this? Maybe it wasn’t actually a “wedding” by accounting standards?

There used to be “intimates” with a lower threshold and attendance caps and then general larger nonsenory…

But that could have changed.

Pepper's Ghost

If it is unique and many varieties , Japan vending machines sell many many things besides candy bars. The vending machine even says thank you to the consumer in Japanese after one makes their purchase.
I can't think of any better place for a high quality meal then a vending machine! That bag of Lays is a delicacy in many countries. 🤣

Lilofan

Jeez, all we have in Jersey are jug handles and someone to pump our gas for us…I have to get out more…
I’ve visited Paramus New Jersey and the area still has the antiquated blue laws that is in place for over 200 years on Sundays., so it was getting used to the city ways. The gas pumping is nice but at times I’ve waited up to 10 minutes because one attendant was trying to pump gas in approx 12-14 cars. NJ has got the best bagels, pizza, hot dogs, Philly Cheesesteaks ( sorry PA ) , diners , Chinese food , though.

Smiley/OCD

I’ve visited Paramus New Jersey and the area still has the antiquated blue laws that is in place for over 200 years on Sundays., so it was getting used to the city ways. The gas pumping is nice but at times I’ve waited up to 10 minutes because one attendant was trying to pump gas in approx 12-14 cars.
Every few years, there is a countywide referendum to abolish the blue laws…and every time it comes up, the residents overwhelmingly turn it down. The intersection of routes 4 and 17 in Paramus is probably the worst interchange in the state.

Pepper's Ghost

Jeez, all we have in Jersey are jug handles and someone to pump our gas for us…I have to get out more…
This cracked me up. I spent 9 years traveling to visit Pharma companies in NJ, and I found jug handles quite annoying frankly, mostly on rte10. I've never seen them anywhere else, although admittedly I've not been everywhere. 🤣 And btw, I broke the gas pump rule often. I'm so used to the rest of the civilized world where we're not treated like 16 year olds who can't pump their own gas. 🤣 One of my employees from NJ visited me in Chicago and she waited at a gas pump for 5 mins before she realized she had to do it herself. 🤣

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I’ve visited Paramus New Jersey and the area still has the antiquated blue laws that is in place for over 200 years on Sundays., so it was getting used to the city ways. The gas pumping is nice but at times I’ve waited up to 10 minutes because one attendant was trying to pump gas in approx 12-14 cars. NJ has got the best bagels, pizza, hot dogs, Philly Cheesesteaks ( sorry PA ) , diners , Chinese food , though.

…says someone who has never gotten it “wet” from DiNic’s or “wit” from Tony Lukes

Whippet Mom

Here is a screen shot of what they posted...

View attachment 644205

I am perfectly fine with people having the wedding they want to have, food or no food is up to them, BUT since there is an expectation of food at a wedding, they should have made if very clear in the invitation the food would not be provided. What was posted above is not sufficient to me.
I agree, with the wording food was available sounds like there would actually be food at the venue, the wedding.. it should have been more clear. "No food will be served at the wedding "

Chi84

Premium Member
I agree, with the wording food was available sounds like there would actually be food at the venue, the wedding.. it should have been more clear. "No food will be served at the wedding "
I laughed out loud at this because I can just imagine what my reaction would be to getting a wedding invitation with that language. Like it or not, almost all weddings involve feeding the guests to some extent, so it's become an expectation. I agree that people should be told if that's not going to happen. I'm trying to come up with some less strident, gentler way to explain that no food would be provided to guests and I'm failing. I'll post again if inspiration strikes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom