Disney attraction cutbacks? NO!!!!!!!!!

adr315

Original Poster
People have beeen talking about Disney attraction cutbacks recently? I beg to differ....In 2002, Dino-rama (not much,i know)....2003 brings us Mission Space...and 2005, brings us the 50th Anniv. of Disneyland, which brings us Bugtown and ToT, along with FIVE ride reworks, not to mention the Disneyland HOng Kong opens in 2005 also, with a rapids ride, Phantom Manor, Buzz Lightyear, an outdoor jungle coaster, etc etc......plus the reworking of Imagination, Philarmagic, plus the soon-to-come Beastly Kingdom, Disney Studios just opening, and JUST CONFIRMED, ToT at Disney Studios in 2004!!!!!!!! I think Disney at the moment is gonna go on one of (if not the biggest) attraction-building sprees we've ever seen. I wouldnt be surprised seeing the final ToT finally being built at Disneyseas by 2006 either....I think its safe to say that buy 2010, EVERY Disney theme park around the world will be FULL of new attractions for everyone from preschoolers to teenagers to eldery. Imagineering is probably working there butts off as we speak...sorry to ramble, but just felt like mentioning this. peace

NowInc

Originally posted by adr315
People have beeen talking about Disney attraction cutbacks recently? I beg to differ....In 2002, Dino-rama (not much,i know)....2003 brings us Mission Space...and 2005, brings us the 50th Anniv. of Disneyland, which brings us Bugtown and ToT, along with FIVE ride reworks, not to mention the Disneyland HOng Kong opens in 2005 also, with a rapids ride, Phantom Manor, Buzz Lightyear, an outdoor jungle coaster, etc etc......plus the reworking of Imagination, Philarmagic, plus the soon-to-come Beastly Kingdom, Disney Studios just opening, and JUST CONFIRMED, ToT at Disney Studios in 2004!!!!!!!! I think Disney at the moment is gonna go on one of (if not the biggest) attraction-building sprees we've ever seen. I wouldnt be surprised seeing the final ToT finally being built at Disneyseas by 2006 either....I think its safe to say that buy 2010, EVERY Disney theme park around the world will be FULL of new attractions for everyone from preschoolers to teenagers to eldery. Imagineering is probably working there butts off as we speak...sorry to ramble, but just felt like mentioning this. peace

The cutbacks may not be seen in the attractions as much as they take place behind the scenes....

Pioneer Hall

Even thogh they are building things in a lot of places, it is the overall mood in WDW that is a problem. The Cm's aren't as nice, rides aren't opening, and there are other problems. The thing I don't like is the fact that they are building everywhere but really WDW, they built DinoRama but that was it. I don't consider that much even though a lot of u will disagree with me.

zonguy

Originally posted by DisneyInsider
(...) The Cm's aren't as nice, rides aren't opening, and there are other problems. (...)

I don't know that I would say that CMs are not as nice as before. I would certainly say that they are very distracted by events in the company. I am very empathetic to thier concerns and go out of my way to show appreciation for their assistance. After so many enjoyable trips, I feel I can afford to make a CMs day brighter by being extra appreciative.

Pioneer Hall

I kind of Jumped with the CM thing. There are some who are very nice but there are some that aren't. There were a few CM's who were very rude to us when we were there in December. Not the Disney Way.

TURKEY

During Christmas I was as nice as I could be. I was working my butt off working the turkey legs/popcorn/ice cream/beer/soda cart in front of AmGard theatre BY MYSELF.

With only register, I had people trying to come in to both the popcorn and turkey leg side. I was having to tell people there was only one line. Some people I kept telling and ignoring them until they went and got in line. It wasn't fair of me to take someone new in front of someone that had been in line for 5-10 minutes.

So if any of you were upset with me, I'm sorry. Some people need to learn to help out cast members and be courteous as well.

Not everyone is going to be the nicest person that is expected of CM every minute. I usually am. I got upset some during Christmas and it showed.

Also not every single person is going to be that CM. Some are just there for the paycheck and don't care what they are doing, except getting money.

It's a shame that everyone isn't the ideal CM, but a majority try and do their best, but perfection can't be expected every second of every day.

burbur

all i've got to say is the week after christmas was rough. yes, we were a bit busy at dak, busier than i had ever seen it, but we all managed to get through it. the only time i ever gave guests attitude that week was when a lady fell and hurt herself and guests kept trying to peer over the human shield that we had formed around the paramedics and the family. oh, and my last day of work which was january 3rd or so. it was freezing cold and i was manning the popcorn stand by myself. and all people wanted was hot chocolate, which is the worst thing ever created. and i burnt the popcorn. and people were angry with me, b/c i couldn't keep up with the demand for hot chocolate. it was all a big ordeal, but i think most people understood. plus, my fingers looked purple, so a lot of people were sympathetic.

The Mom

Premium Member
I've spent a little time behind a cash register myself. It's hard to keep smiling when you're alone, you've got 10 or so people in line, you only run a register once a year, and people keep running up to "ask a quick" question right in the middle of your ringing up a transaction. Also,when someone takes 15 minutes of your time looking for something specific, then says, "I'll come back later with my checkbook/credit card/money." In the meantime, you've lost several sales because other customers got tired of waiting. Fortunately, I only do this as a fundraiser for school, so I only have to deal with it, and they only have to deal with me, once a year!

epcot71

the last time i was wdw was in october this year. i went the same week we bombed the taliban- i thought it was going to be a horrible time-nasty cms due to the slashing of jobs and real dirty parks.

well let me tell you the cms were great!!!!-90% were super friendly with the other 10% being polite but not over zealous like most disney cast members. but i never have seen a rude cast member. it is very hard to deal with rude and over bearing guests for 8-10 hours a day in the heat or cold doing the same thing over and over again and most cms do a great job keeping the magic alive-MY HATS OFF TO YOU

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom