Disney at work on Romney AA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

comics101

Original Poster
As risky as this discussion topic could be, while listening to the radio the other day, a favorite host of mine mentioned that while in Orlando he met with some folks who stated Imagineers have already started work on a Romney AA for HOP in anticipation of a Romney victory. After hearing this, I decided to do a quick Google search and did find a blogger out there who claims that a friend of theirs has confirmed through contacts in WDI that Disney is indeed working on a Mitt Romney AA for the attraction. The blogger goes on to explain how cheap TDO is, listing several examples (most of which can be found on this website actually) and that this is the first time Disney has ever begun work on the next president so early.
I was just wondering if our insiders here could confirm any of this? I guess it's possible that maybe some sketches have been done, but it's hard to believe Disney's gotten much further than that before Nov 6...I suppose anything's possible though.

I'm not going to post a link to the blog here, as the post is very political, but with a quick Google search it's not difficult to find.

bubbles1812

Seems pretty presumptuous to me... I guess I could maybe see them drawing up a concept...can't be that hard to build them considering they already have a ton other figures with similar designs. Still, seems odd

The Duck

I've often heard that every election year, they start the prep work on the opposing candidate or both candidates if a new president is to be elected. That way, whoever wins they have a head start on the AA when the election is over.

lazyboy97o

Wouldn't a new figure and new show be design out in California, not Florida? And would this still be Disney or Garner Holt? Wouldn't they likely reuse at least a good portion of the current President Obama figure since he has more articulation and that will not be needed whenever it is that he is no longer the sitting president?

FrankLapidus

I've often heard that every election year, they start the prep work on the opposing candidate or both candidates if a new president is to be elected. That way, whoever wins they have a head start on the AA when the election is over.

That would make sense. If they're prepared in advance the show won't need that long of a downtime if a new figure does need to be installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom