Disney at Christmas- Pop Century or one of the All star resorts?

Antsabo123

We are planning a family trip over Christmas 2020, and are staying for 6 days/5 nights. Trying to decide on Pop Century or one of the All star resorts. Kids are 14 and 15, and only planning on being in the rooms at night. Any ideas or tips? The Pop Century seems to be a little bit more expensive, but not by too much. Or are there other places that are similar in price/value? Thank you in advance.

75disney

I highly recommend Pop. We stayed there Christmas week 2019 with my 17 and 14 year old teens. They loved the theming. Food court was great. Art of Animation was an easy walk across the bridge to eat at its food court. Twice we hopped on AoA’s bus at the end of the day because the line was substantially shorter than Pop’s line. Finally transportation is the biggest advantage Pop has over the All Stars. The Skyliner is awesome! It is a quick connection to DHS and Epcot. You can also go to the Caribbean Beach and the Riveria to eat and walk around as well. The views from it are amazing. My kids said it was the best part of staying at Pop. Bus transportation to AK, MK, and DS was never an issue either.

Upvote 0

wendysue

We are planning a family trip over Christmas 2020, and are staying for 6 days/5 nights. Trying to decide on Pop Century or one of the All star resorts. Kids are 14 and 15, and only planning on being in the rooms at night. Any ideas or tips? The Pop Century seems to be a little bit more expensive, but not by too much. Or are there other places that are similar in price/value? Thank you in advance.
If money is not the issue, I would go with POP! The Skyliner is awesome! :)

Upvote 0
I'd look at what park I plan to visit the most, and what resort has the best transportation to that park. That is the busiest time of the year and the time on transportation becomes more important. POP would be great if you like Epcot or HS, and it is not far from Animal Kingdom. Takes quite a bit longer to get to MK. We usually stay at Fort Wilderness (we bring our camper) at Christmas. The other benefit of Fort Wilderness if you have a camper is no extra person charges as your nightly rate includes up to 10 persons. Most regular rooms have extra charge over 2 adults. Also make a point to go there in the evening and see all the decorations the campers put up on their sight. It is a hidden gem at Christmas and easy to get to from MK - there is a boat.

Upvote 0

CaptainAmerica

Are you absolutely locked into those dates? You could probably stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge or Wilderness Lodge for the same price as Pop Century if you're able to wait until the week in between the marathon and MLK.

Upvote 0

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Pop for the Skyliner.

Upvote 0

DisneyDreamer08

All Stars have been cheaper than Pop since the opening of the Skyliner. And with the renovated rooms, there isn’t much difference. We just spent 8 nights at Movies and really enjoyed it. The renovated rooms make such a big difference. Buses were very efficient. Our only complaint was that the All Stars bus stops are always the furthest away, which is an exhausting walk at the end of the day.

Upvote 0

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Pop for the Skyliner and you can take either the POP bus or the AoA bus and walk across the bridge. That saved us a ton of time when we stayed at AoA for Christmas week

Upvote 0

Editor516

If money is an issue or you’re afraid of heights, All-Stars. Movies rooms are renovated. Music is partially renovated. Sports is closest but it’s the most in need of renovation (and last to be done).

Pop is renovated and the Skyliner is awesome. The main building - from front desk to food court - is much better than at any All-Star. And the Christmas decorations at Pop are much more festive. But Pop is more expensive. And the Skyliner route from Caribbean Beach to Epcot gets pretty high off the ground.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom