Disney asks workers to cut hours to save money

McArcDes

Chris,

Thanks for the second point of view.

We are a less than a week away from our trip and I am really looking forward to seeing all the stuff they are doing for Walt's 100 birthday and getting a chance to check out Islands of Adventure at Universal.

I hope you and your family have a great time.

McArcDes

McArcDes@att.net :)

Chris

Originally posted by McArcDes
Chris,

Thanks for the second point of view.

We are a less than a week away from our trip and I am really looking forward to seeing all the stuff they are doing for Walt's 100 birthday and getting a chance to check out Islands of Adventure at Universal.

McArcDes@att.net :)

Give me a heads up on crowds, etc. Sounds like we are doing a similar vacation plan. We did IoA two years ago in December and had a great time. Lots of stuff for all ages. Have a great trip and be sure to post what you find out.

asics1cc

Minimum of 35 hours a week

Going off the subject a little, When I was accepted to be a CP "Cast Member". The Disney recruiter stated that "Cast Members" will be guarenteed 35 hours a week, and no more than 45. Can they say one thing and do another?

Mattore

College Program CMs are guaranteed 30 hours a week, and will not be scheduled more than 45 hours a week except during peak season, unless they desire to work more overtime. Not sure where the '35' hour per week minimum came from.

Scooter

When the company I worked for was falling on hard times, they cut EVERYONE'S salary by 10%. Everyone from the janitor to the General Manager and CEO. They explained that it was temporary and we all felt like it was justifiable and as long as everyone got treated the same, we felt it was fair.

It only lasted for about 3 months but through the tough times, moral stayed high and EVERYONE worked a little harder to get our numbers back up. We had a big party when we got back up to where we needed to be and we all felt like one big winning team.

I think the big wigs in the Disney Corperation could learn a thing or two from doing something like that. Sometimes, in the corporate world...you get too far distanced from the people on the bottom of the ladder...but Disney execs should never forget that it's these little people that work hard and sweat, that make the company money...and after all...it WAS all started by a mouse. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom