News Disney announces strategic restructuring of media and entertainment divisions.

MagicHappens1971

That's why many are saying Disney putting all their eggs in the streaming basket is a bad idea.
While I agree that we are already nearing an excessive amount of OTP Streaming Services, Disney will not be handing off their IP's & Hulu to anyone again, I'm thinking we're about 10 years out from a very interesting merger between all the media companies. Leaving Disney & NBCUniversal

Ldno

Maybe sooner, you Forget NBC universal is owned by Comcast, an internet provider, just wait until they raise those internet prices! The only reason “streaming” is affordable is because we don’t factor the notion that a lot of us don’t bundle internet + cable + streaming but once all those services start adding up we will back right back at cable anyways. I hate paying for like 5 subscriptions to be honest.

Kind of annoyed the only way to get Travel Channel for the time being Currently is...paid cable LOL

seascape

Maybe sooner, you Forget NBC universal is owned by Comcast, an internet provider, just wait until they raise those internet prices! The only reason “streaming” is affordable is because we don’t factor the notion that a lot of us don’t bundle internet + cable + streaming but once all those services start adding up we will back right back at cable anyways. I hate paying for like 5 subscriptions to be honest.

Kind of annoyed the only way to get Travel Channel for the time being Currently is...paid cable LOL
You are forgetting the fact that ISP's are about to face more competition from 5G cell phone provides. Therefore, magins for that service will drop, costing Comcast billions is lost profits. The biggest advantage of wireless ISP is for anyone who owns more than one home. With wireless 5G internet, there is no need to have a separate ISP at each home. Now, add in over the top live TV service and Hulu, Youtube LiveTv and other similar services win. The biggest winner for TV service of course is Disney owned Hulu.

ppete1975

While I agree that we are already nearing an excessive amount of OTP Streaming Services, Disney will not be handing off their IP's & Hulu to anyone again, I'm thinking we're about 10 years out from a very interesting merger between all the media companies. Leaving Disney & NBCUniversal
Whens the last time you used a payphone, answering machine, pager, vcr, corn sheller. 8 track, cassette tape, or went to blockbuster?
All of those things we couldnt foresee disapear, heck if you went back 50 years and said malls would be dead, sears, wards and others were gone, youd think i was crazy.

10 years-20 years is a long long time.

"640k should be enough for anybody" Bill gates (there isnt alot of proof he truly said that btw)

MagicHappens1971

Whens the last time you used a payphone, answering machine, pager, vcr, corn sheller. 8 track, cassette tape, or went to blockbuster?
All of those things we couldnt foresee disapear, heck if you went back 50 years and said malls would be dead, sears, wards and others were gone, youd think i was crazy.

10 years-20 years is a long long time.

"640k should be enough for anybody" Bill gates (there isnt alot of proof he truly said that btw)
I agree with all of those things, but it’s not practical for everyone to pay for all of these streaming services + internet (which will eventually go up) if TV goes out.

Ldno

You are forgetting the fact that ISP's are about to face more competition from 5G cell phone provides. Therefore, magins for that service will drop, costing Comcast billions is lost profits. The biggest advantage of wireless ISP is for anyone who owns more than one home. With wireless 5G internet, there is no need to have a separate ISP at each home. Now, add in over the top live TV service and Hulu, Youtube LiveTv and other similar services win. The biggest winner for TV service of course is Disney owned Hulu.
Not really, it’s all the same. All that 5g really does, is eliminate the use the utility infrastructure and the costs of them paying the city in taxes using them, meaning they can charge us twice as much now for “tiered” internet caps just as cellphone services Now that they don’t have to, gives them more freedom to.

Att and Verizon both provide ISP with their Fios and Uverse services respectively, 5g internet ready boxes will just make your modem ping off a cellphone tower with download speeds comparable And if not better to fiber, the biggest problem with fios and uverse is that both still will force you to require a cable(i.e. Directv now) bundle to get “unlimited” internet, which is worse off than we started considering how bad our internet wireless internet requirements are.

at that rate gigapower services from both companies start you off at 60 bucks for a year or two, then it bumps to a 100, but with a cable bundle you keep it at a solid 60 bucks with unlimited internet data cap. This is why Spectrum starting selling cellphones but ultimately if we go Back to how mobility carriers control their isp, us consumers lose big time. ATT’s biggest mistake obviously was buying direct tv and warner media that they are trying to recoup their money back any way They possibly can, but verizon has just been focusing on building their antennas towards 5g but just think, everything’s about bundles, our cellphones and utilites and entertainment are about to get a lot more expensive though!

ppete1975

I agree with all of those things, but it’s not practical for everyone to pay for all of these streaming services + internet (which will eventually go up) if TV goes out.
i see streaming being the cable everyone clamored for that never came to fruition. Ala carte cable. Instead of paying 70 dollars for 100 channels that you only wanted 15 of, everyone wanted to pick their own channels and pay less. Of course with the cable model that doesnt work (espn food network for example cost them 5 million a year where BBC, the soap opera channel and nat geo cost them 100k (made up numbers of course)). So you got 100 channels to make it feel you were getting a better deal.
With streaming we can now pick what we want and pay as much or as little as you desire (although there is no espn, espn2, fs1 package.. and no espn+ doesnt count lol without basically going to a cable style service ..sling, hulu live, youtube live).

ppete1975

Not really, it’s all the same. All that 5g really does, is eliminate the use the utility infrastructure and the costs of them paying the city in taxes using them, meaning they can charge us twice as much now for “tiered” internet caps just as cellphone services Now that they don’t have to, gives them more freedom to.

Att and Verizon both provide ISP with their Fios and Uverse services respectively, 5g internet ready boxes will just make your modem ping off a cellphone tower with download speeds comparable And if not better to fiber, the biggest problem with fios and uverse is that both still will force you to require a cable(i.e. Directv now) bundle to get “unlimited” internet, which is worse off than we started considering how bad our internet wireless internet requirements are.

at that rate gigapower services from both companies start you off at 60 bucks for a year or two, then it bumps to a 100, but with a cable bundle you keep it at a solid 60 bucks with unlimited internet data cap. This is why Spectrum starting selling cellphones but ultimately if we go Back to how mobility carriers control their isp, us consumers lose big time. ATT’s biggest mistake obviously was buying direct tv and warner media that they are trying to recoup their money back any way They possibly can, but verizon has just been focusing on building their antennas towards 5g but just think, everything’s about bundles, our cellphones and utilites and entertainment are about to get a lot more expensive though!
i really wonder how starlink will affect things.

Ldno

i really wonder how starlink will affect things.
One can dream. I feel the biggest drawback will be the same problem direct tv/dish has, line of sight. Very exciting times,

back in 2004 when I used satellite internet in Iraq it was going back to 14.4 speeds to download anything, just downloading game trainers was a nightmare, but getting a 700mb was about 2-3 days And we always had issues with weather, I’m so hoping starlink will fix all these issues.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom