Disney Announces New Nature Resort on Bay Lake

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I will still be here if this becomes your new resort of choice to remind you again that you underestimated TDO.

But that’s completely detached from reality...

They have never built a WDW vacation club unit with the detail and budget that was put in to the pre 2000s hotels. Maybe boardwalk sorta qualifies? Kidani is closest but there are variables at DAK that make it completely unique.

It’s not gonna happen here either...your faith in modern disney is misplaced.

DVC is a meat market. And this isn’t gonna be any different. I’ll be on this hill if you need me 😉

jt04

But that’s completely detached from reality...

They have never built a WDW vacation club unit with the detail and budget that was put in to the pre 2000s hotels. Maybe boardwalk sorta qualifies? Kidani is closest but there are variables at DAK that make it completely unique.

It’s not gonna happen here either...your faith in modern disney is misplaced.

DVC is a meat market. And this isn’t gonna be any different. I’ll be on this hill if you need me 😉

This is not just a DVC. AKL proved what they are capable of. They should spare no expense here. The possibilities are to potentially be their greatest resort yet.

KYmickey

This is not just a DVC. AKL proved what they are capable of. They should spare no expense here. The possibilities are to potentially be their greatest resort yet.
Based on everything that Disney has been doing recently, cutting corners and costs wherever possible, you really believe this is going to be something they spare no expense is on?

jt04

Based on everything that Disney has been doing recently, cutting corners and costs wherever possible, you really believe this is going to be something they spare no expense is on?

50/50. Probably have to wait until next summer to find out.

Bocabear

Based on the concept art, this will surely not be Disney's best resort yet...Disney takes full advantage of their marketing and press...if they were planning the most spectacular resprt to ever come to WDW, they would have been hyping it already...and also the art would not be of a Springhill Suites...
Disney Announces most magnificent Hotel Ever Built!
1540641032693.png

peter11435

Based on the concept art, this will surely not be Disney's best resort yet...Disney takes full advantage of their marketing and press...if they were planning the most spectacular resprt to ever come to WDW, they would have been hyping it already...and also the art would not be of a Springhill Suites...
Disney Announces most magnificent Hotel Ever Built!
View attachment 322671
While I don’t believe this new resort will be anywhere near one of Disney’s bests, you are once again ignoring the fact that Disney has to be very careful when it comes to new DVC additions. They are not and do not want to hype and promote this property yet.

Bocabear

While I don’t believe this new resort will be anywhere near one of Disney’s bests, you are once again ignoring the fact that Disney has to be very careful when it comes to new DVC additions. They are not and do not want to hype and promote this property yet.
Then why announce it at all? They did not officially announce the Grand Floridian DVC until the building was almost finished, even though it was built right in front of everyone... If they really do not want to hype the resort until the time is right, then they should probably just not make a huge press announcement... And I am sure the art is based on the architectural plans which are most likely already drawn up.

peter11435

Then why announce it at all? They did not officially announce the Grand Floridian DVC until the building was almost finished, even though it was built right in front of everyone... If they really do not want to hype the resort until the time is right, then they should probably just not make a huge press announcement... And I am sure the art is based on the architectural plans which are most likely already drawn up.
They made a small relatively vague press release. I would hardly call that hype and I would definetely not in a million years refer to as a huge press announcement. They announced it because large scale construction was imminent.

The Grand Floridian Villas were announced in the early stages of construction nearly 2 years before the building was completed.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Permits were filed today for demolition at the following addresses:

4550 Big Pine Rd
4500 #A Big Pine Rd
4600 #B Big Pine Rd
4600 Big Pine Rd
4700 Big Pine Rd

The only addresses I can find actual references to are 4600 which is the old address of River Country, and 4550 which had a permit for a fan installation last year.

Bocabear

They made a small relatively vague press release. I would hardly call that hype and I would definetely not in a million years refer to as a huge press announcement. They announced it because large scale construction was imminent.

The Grand Floridian Villas were announced in the early stages of construction nearly 2 years before the building was completed.
The entire structure was alreadsy built but unfinished when I talked to my DVC guy and he was still saying there had been no announcement yet and they were not allowed to comment... So in fact they could indeed build most of the resort...a year or so worth of construction before officially making the press announcement...Which was carried on the news wire, local and national news outlets...It was not a small announcement in a janitor closet for insiders only...lol

peter11435

The entire structure was alreadsy built but unfinished when I talked to my DVC guy and he was still saying there had been no announcement yet and they were not allowed to comment... So in fact they could indeed build most of the resort...a year or so worth of construction before officially making the press announcement...Which was carried on the news wire, local and national news outlets...It was not a small announcement in a janitor closet for insiders only...lol
Then your DVC guide lied to you.

The villas at GF were announced on December 8, 2011. This was prior to any vertical contuction on the project. The facility opened nearly 2 years later on October 23, 2013.

Yes the announcement was picked up by media outlets. That doesn’t mean it was a big announcement or that they were in anyway trying to promote/hype the development.

ABQ

Then your DVC guide lied to you.

The villas at GF were announced on December 8, 2011. This was prior to any vertical contuction on the project. The facility opened nearly 2 years later on October 23, 2013.

Yes the announcement was picked up by media outlets. That doesn’t mean it was a big announcement or that they were in anyway trying to promote/hype the development.
Support for these dates.
https://www.wdwmagic.com/resorts/di...y-confirm-the-grand-floridian-dvc-project.htm

https://www.wdwmagic.com/resorts/di...-floridian-resort-are-now-officially-open.htm

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

Who built animal kingdom lodge?

There’s a larger narrative there...but just answering that question is enlightening

No evidence to suggest that is even remotely a possibility
50/50. Probably have to wait until next summer to find out.

Way high...the house is going under -465

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom