Disney Announces New Nature Resort on Bay Lake

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
Well, I’ll try not to blame TWDC for such a junk rendering then....

Yeah, they aren't doing too well at trying to convince to go back to the parks. I think they already blew getting me to add on on our next cruise.

have a guaranteed group of people coming to the park.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Hang on.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

One more time, just one, I promise.

Okay, I am good now. This has to be one of the absolute funniest things I have ever read on here. Guaranteed people going to the park?

Last time, I promise, maybe. You do realize there are boards that talk about using their DVC without touching parks? Boards that discuss the best way to do Uni/SWO/BGT vacations without touching a WDW park? You do realize that a very large portion of original buyers for the older DVC resorts have a next-to-zero desire to go to parks? Nah, I didn't think so. Lump me in as a DVC Member that has gone quite a while without touching a park.

lawdogNOLA

Okay: Looks nice. I've seen lodges like that at a number of places. It is a bit minimalist, but that's very much what WDW resorts seem to be these days. Generic? Well, this appeals to me a heck of a lot more than the Riviera's concept art, which looks like a Homewood Suites hotel. And, yes, I've even seen chain hotels incorporate elements of this type of design. It fits with a Nature theme (as would other designs, of course), but I think serves as a more modern bookend for Wilderness Lodge. In short, I think it works where it will be. The ultimate questions will be how this weaves into both Ft. Wilderness and Wilderness Lodge, what if any changes are going to be brought the Bay Lake lakefront now that you'll have continuous or almost continuous lodging areas from WL to Ft. Wilderness. Also, how much nature for the "Nature Resort"? My initial outlook? Hopeful and promising.

Naplesgolfer

Yeah, they aren't doing too well at trying to convince to go back to the parks. I think they already blew getting me to add on on our next cruise.

Hang on.

One more time, just one, I promise.

Okay, I am good now. This has to be one of the absolute funniest things I have ever read on here. Guaranteed people going to the park?

Last time, I promise, maybe. You do realize there are boards that talk about using their DVC without touching parks? Boards that discuss the best way to do Uni/SWO/BGT vacations without touching a WDW park? You do realize that a very large portion of original buyers for the older DVC resorts have a next-to-zero desire to go to parks? Nah, I didn't think so. Lump me in as a DVC Member that has gone quite a while without touching a park.

Maybe guaranteed is a little too strong. But I would bet DVC people are still using the parks in large percentages. When they stop then they sell and you get new people. I have been DVC from 1996 and still go into the parks 5 times a year. I know this is anecdotal but i have met many long time DVC people over the years that still go into the park ever trip. Also if the inventory in the resort is unused by a certain number of days before any date Disney can put the rooms into regular inventory. Plus the resorts are maintained by members. So My original message still stands. Great deal for Disney. Me too.

jkl2000

29.jpg

Forest Moon of Endor theming!

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Meant to say non WDW Disney parks. Edited my post to reflect. Too long at the office.
No worries. But yes, I’ve spent far more time at places on the high seas, or at points of interest throughout our great nation than I have at a Disney park. And that’s not likely to change any time soon.....

Captain Neo

So it says DVC but if I just wanted to spend a few nights there like a regular hotel can I do that? Would it be more expensive then a deluxe hotel room? Is this resort going to be on par with the deluxes?

peter11435

So it says DVC but if I just wanted to spend a few nights there like a regular hotel can I do that? Would it be more expensive then a deluxe hotel room? Is this resort going to be on par with the deluxes?
It says mixed use and it will be a mix of hotel and DVC accommodations like Boardwalk. Even if the property was entirely DVC you could still spend a few nights there like a regular hotel just like you can at OKW and SS which are entirely DVC. It should be on par with the deluxes.

CaptainAmerica

Not quite sure what you're trying to say. The Contemporary was pre-Eisner, so that doesn't really have anything to do with my point. Regardless, they should be building upon their greatest resort concepts, not reverting back to something they built in the 70s. And that Paris hotel in your second photo is gorgeous.
Seriously? The Disneyland Hotel Paris is saccharine vomit of a hotel. It's the lodging equivalent of the 25th anniversary cake Cinderella Castle.

lazyboy97o

I’m not really seeing much in the way of real Modernism. It looks like the same sort of contemporary design being applied to apartments and hotels all over the place. Being “nature inspired” should be more than just finishes applied to the surfaces. Seeing all the different angles I’m doubting there is anything like real solar orientation or anything else meaningfully inspired by nature.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom