Disney and Universal urge Newsom to ‘stop delaying’ and let California theme parks ‘open now’ - OCR/SCNG

MarvelCharacterNerd

Honestly, this seems like a fair enough best case scenario. It unfortunately stays bad for Uni Hollywood (I think LA is still solidly in purple), but OC seems to be nearing Orange to where they could open by the end of the year.
I’m mostly interested in where the line gets drawn. Whether mid-sized regional parks like SWSD, Legoland, SFMM, and Knott’s are our with the big boys or the smaller parks.
Why not multiple tiers since Newsom loves them so much? Small parks open in red with restrictions, Mid-sized in orange with restrictions and the big guys never... I mean yellow. :p With restrictions. :p

Gottalovepluto

Why not multiple tiers since Newsom loves them so much? Small parks open in red with restrictions, Mid-sized in orange with restrictions and the big guys never... I mean yellow. :p With restrictions. :p
You now have me to thinking we’ll get an actual color to open DLR in- and then right before OC gets to that color the system will be thrown out for a new letter system and DLR will be another couple months away from meeting the appropriate thresholds 😂

MarvelCharacterNerd

You now have me to thinking we’ll get an actual color to open DLR in- and then right before OC gets to that color the system will be thrown out for a new letter system and DLR will be another couple months away from meeting the appropriate thresholds 😂
SPOILER... yes! The next system - to be implemented on December 31st will be a letter system! All counties will start with an F and the best you can get up to is a D because nobody passes!

THEN, starting February 14th, a new system will be implemented - currently codenamed 'I like it, I love it, I want some more of it'! In that system, Newsom determines the counties he likes, the counties he loves, and the counties who need to show him some more love. And none of them can reopen in any tier.

THEN, at Easter, everyone will go on a big statewide egg hunt! If you find an Easter egg, hurry and open it up! If there is a golden ticket inside then your business can reopen! Until the next tier...

cmwade77

They should have done this in July instead of crying.
Agreed, but part of the problem is Disney refused to communicate with them about what safety protocols would be in place prior to announcing their reopening date. Had Disney communicated properly, the parks would likely be open right now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom