Disney and McDonalds?

crazygirley

Original Poster
Does anyone know if Disney hires the people who work at the McDonalds at DTD and the one near the All-Star Resorts, or does McDonalds hire them? The reason I ask is because they are usually rude and aren't too quick to please. Just a random question.

Camelot

I don't really know for sure, but had to comment that I would bet that McDonald's hires them, because Disney employees know better than to be rude to customers.

crazygirley

Original Poster
I think so too. Mostly because they are like the typical McDonalds employees who get your orders wrong over and over, and who work very slow, and the tables are usually dirty. I just really want to know, because such poor service isn't typical of Disney. I wonder if they know just how awful the service is. P.S., the fries are cold, too.

darthdarrel

Originally posted by Camelot
I don't really know for sure, but had to comment that I would bet that McDonald's hires them, because Disney employees know better than to be rude to customers.
I beg to differ,this past disney trip I came across quite a few RUDe and obnoxious Disney CM`s! I even told Rob(mktiggerman) who is a CM there about one of them!:(

FLcastmember

there are 1000's of CM's that work on WDW property everyday that are not considered CM's. Some are more obvious then others. Some examples include alot of the DD buinesses such as AMC theaters, Virgin, House of Blues, Mickey D's ect. Some are less obvious like the workers at the Swan and Dolphin. Then others are ever less obvous like the people who take your picture on Main Street. These peolpe are all considred ''operating particapents'' and most get some sort of discounts/free tics but not the same as CM's. Reedy Creak paramedics for example have on WDW name tags, but work for the town (with gets its tax money form WDW anyway)

in fact, CM's discount is less at these stores/restaurants, most at 10 or 15%, instead of the 20-35% that we get at our own places.

hope this helps... :cool:

BTW, orlando is going to get cold tonight...25 degrees.....brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Tim G

Originally posted by crazygirley
Does anyone know if Disney hires the people who work at the McDonalds at DTD and the one near the All-Star Resorts, or does McDonalds hire them? The reason I ask is because they are usually rude and aren't too quick to please. Just a random question.
McDonalds does...

jmarc63

Originally posted by MicBat
Anyone ever noticed that Disney McDonald's prices are about $1 or 2 more than normal McDonald's? :lol: :brick:

They can aford to do that because they have a "Captive audence" so you kinda stuck unless you want to go someplace elsewhich will take more time

HMGhost13

Originally posted by crazygirley
I think so too. Mostly because they are like the typical McDonalds employees who get your orders wrong over and over, and who work very slow, and the tables are usually dirty. I just really want to know, because such poor service isn't typical of Disney. I wonder if they know just how awful the service is. P.S., the fries are cold, too.

in my own defense i work for McDonald's. and i am deeply offended by that comment. i have been there for almost 3 years now and one of the best employees out there. how do i know? i work drive thru that's all i've worked...we had a visit from the head of corporate at the first one i worked at. why did she come? because of drive thru. i am polite i do NOT get orders wrong over and over and over. i do NOT work slow trust me on that. when people tell you that you're fast you can't be slow.

P.S. as for the cold fries...did you eat them before or after the burger? you know they're only good for like 20 minutes for staying warm that is.

mine1204

I would just like to say that we were at Disney World in September and our very first meal was at the McDonalds by the All Stars. THe place was very busy but, the staff was great helpful and courteous. The restaurant was very clean and well stocked. For us it was a very good experience.

RogueHabit

I Worked for McD's for 7 years about 10 years ago and my wife works there now for 14 years, both as managers and we both agree that McD's is just like any other workplace.

There are good workers, average workers and bad workers. If a crew member screws consistantly then it ain't their fault, it's the managers. Their job is to manage, and if they don't then the bad employee might not even realise, though of course their are some bad employees who do, but just don't care.

Sean23

I do not eat at Mcdonalds that often but if I am on disney property and want a quick cheap meal I don't have much of a choice. I sometimes will drive to Miami Subs because they have Arthur Treachers, Kenny Rogers Roaster, Nathans, and edys ice cream but that is a little drive if I am at Epcot,MGM, etc. I have not had any problems with Mcdonalds employees on disney property and if the fries are cold go back and get hot one. The have the dollar menu at all the mcdonalds on disney property chicken sandwich, fries, sundae, coke, salad, and the big & tasty.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Ah Catch a man after my own heart. Dont blame the workers blame the management.

However The McDs near the all stars is quite possibly the worst fast food joint on the planet. The staff are rude to the point of just narowly avoiding having a councilling session with my right fist. And secondly they really are the bottom feeders in the pool of life, communicating in grunts and jesticulations, then having the cheek to suggest that I should speak better English.

No wonder I prefer Wendys.

SykedOwt

McDonalds is a Terrible Fast Food Place...The Food isn't real and What I know about it won't be discussed on this because you'll never want to eat from there again. However I will be willing to tell if there is a number of requests for it.:hammer: :hammer:

Yellow Shoes

Originally posted by happy snapper
then having the cheek to suggest that I should speak better English.

Insulting the Queen's English, as spoken by a subject of Elizabeth II?

Off with their heads.

(oops--wrong queen)

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Originally posted by MicBat
Anyone ever noticed that Disney McDonald's prices are about $1 or 2 more than normal McDonald's? :lol: :brick:
Well, I mean, it IS DISNEY! :lol: The place notorious for charging you a dollar for a can of soda or $2.25 (? I think) for a bottle of water!?

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
they are hired by McDonalds, work for McDonalds, but still have to attend traditions

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom