Disney and Jon Favreau Joining Forces on “The Lion King”

PiXie Mom

Offensive in what way and to whom? Who the hell identifies themselves as a lion, hyena, warthog or meerkat? On second thought... there’s enough lunatics out there that would blatantly lie and claim they are as a free pass to rant online.

Also, who’s ready for people to compare Scar to Kimba the lion? Sporting a scar as pink as Majin Buu’s buttocks! Okay okay. Stupid comment I know...

... still not as stupid as Scar representing the white devil. Ouch! Eso no es bueno.
Again, I am just sharing what has been leaked and do not know what prompted the changes or if the decision came from the director, or someone else in Disney. Also consider these are only rumors at this point.

erasure fan1

Though if the rumors are true, Disney has taken some positive steps in correcting potentially offensive errors made before. I am happy they are going this direction
Are you being serious? You do realize I am sharing information that other people have leaked, and am in no way affiliated with this movie project. You are basically shooting the messenger's messenger.
Well you did say that you are happy they are making these changes. So while you might just be a messenger, it sure sounds like you align with the sjw crowd. Just an observation.

PiXie Mom

Well you did say that you are happy they are making these changes. So while you might just be a messenger, it sure sounds like you align with the sjw crowd. Just an observation.
I shared some online RUMORS in response to you saying this looks like the same movie as the animated, showing how there will be noticeable changes. I added a couple opinions of my own on the supposed leaks and what I personally thought about them. I was later called "Repulsive and sickening" from a member who repeatedly gets away with blasting personal attacks toward other members despite it being against the forum rules. I will say it again, I only shared some unconfirmed information that any ten yr old could dig up by spending a few minutes browsing Google. You are entitled to your own opinion on the subject just as we all are.

Last edited:

prberk

When I was little it was a big deal when Disney would rerelease a movie to theaters. The advent of VHS killed that. If they rereleased the animated Beauty and the Beast, Jungle Book, or Lion King to theaters today they would have limited sales. I view these “Live Action” remakes as a way of reintroducing these movies to kids the way they used to be able to with a rerelease.

They were always "limited" in sales, primarily to families. And the movies at that ime were generally on The Wonderful World of Disney from time to time anyway. But people still came. And they did again with The Lion King's re-release a few years ago (with and without the 3-D).

I think they should still put the classics (including a few live-action ones like "Old Yeller" and "Mary Poppins") back in the theatres routinely, even for potentially limited runs, then following the cinema release with digital releases as is done routinely with other films. It would keep them in the public eye and support the theme parks in the long run also.

brb1006

dq7e78k4nmi21.jpg

Magenta Panther

That's...Scar?

You know, there are such things as black-maned lions, so why...? Lame voice too.

So we're getting what looks like a word-for-word remake with photorealistic lions that are impressive but don't have the expressive force of the gorgeous animation in the first version. This looks like a nature documentary with talking animals. I'm surprised Disney didn't hire Richard Attenborough to narrate. Pass.

Californian Elitist

That's...Scar?

You know, there are such things as black-maned lions, so why...? Lame voice too.

So we're getting what looks like a word-for-word remake with photorealistic lions that are impressive but don't have the expressive force of the gorgeous animation in the first version. This looks like a nature documentary with talking animals. I'm surprised Disney didn't hire Richard Attenborough to narrate. Pass.

“Word-for-word?” There were a few things in the trailer that were never said in the original. Sounds like you need to re-watch both the original and the trailer.

Magenta Panther

“Word-for-word?” There were a few things in the trailer that were never said in the original. Sounds like you need to re-watch both the original and the trailer.

So you're hyped about this? Okay.

Yeah, they threw in some extra dialogue, I'll grant you that. Kinda like they threw in all that extra stuff nobody wanted in the live Beauty and the Beast. And this will likely succeed, I'm not denying it. But I'll still pass. Hope you enjoy it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom