Disney and Jon Favreau Joining Forces on “The Lion King”

Californian Elitist

The chances of me paying to see this in theaters are slim to none. The Lion King is the greatest animated Disney film ever, and Disney's not very good at transferring their animated films to live-action.

This decision kind of angers me.

ShoalFox

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
The chances of me paying to see this in theaters are slim to none. The Lion King is the greatest animated Disney film ever, and Disney's not very good at transferring their animated films to live-action.

This decision kind of angers me.
I agree wholeheartedly. When I said I wanted another chance to see The Lion King in theaters, this is NOT what I meant.

Californian Elitist

I agree wholeheartedly. When I said I wanted another chance to see The Lion King in theaters, this is NOT what I meant.

Exactly. I'm all for re-releasing The Lion King in theaters, especially if the film was accompanied with surround sound, better picture quality, etc. A film with a bunch of CGI African animals is something I'm not interested in paying to see in theaters.

One thing that must remain the same is the film's music. Elton John, Hans Zimmer, and Lebo M need to return for the project.

ForeverAnna

image.jpeg

This is Brutus

image.jpeg

And his sister Calliope.

They are ready to star.

Donillary Crumpton

I've said this before about the Beauty & The Beast remake, and I'll say it again about the now announced Lion King remake:

If Disney handles the project with care, and is faithful to the animated classic as was done brilliantly (imo) with The Jungle Book and Cinderella remakes...then I'm all for it!

However, if Disney veers too far from the animated/original, and loses the feel & meaning in the process (Tim Burton's Alice In Wonderland, Maleficent, and this year's Pete's Dragon), :hungover: then I'm against it.

I believe Lion King will be handled with care, and done right. Time will tell.

Last edited:

ShoalFox

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I've said this before about the Beauty & The Beast remake, and I'll say it again about the now announced Lion King remake:

If Disney handles the project with care, and does a faithful job to the animated classic such as was done with The Jungle Book & Cinderella remakes...then I'm all for it!

If Disney veers too far from the animated/original, and loses the feel & meaning in the process (Burton's Alice In Wonderland, this year's Pete's Dragon, and Maleficent) :hungover: then I'm against it.

I believe Lion King will be handled with care.
I for one believe in "if it ain't broke, don't fix it," but maybe I'll be wrong about this adaptation. I'm hoping I am wrong.

Earl Sweatpants

Disney calls up Jon Favreau:
"Hey, Jon? It's Diz. You bored?"
"Uhh...kinda."
"Great. Remember Jungle Book? That was really great. Wanna do Lion King now?"
"..................why the heck not!"
"Great! Call our accountant and they'll cut you a blank check."

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Disney calls up Jon Favreau:
"Hey, Jon? It's Diz. You bored?"
"Uhh...kinda."
"Great. Remember Jungle Book? That was really great. Wanna do Lion King now?"
"..................why the heck not!"
"Great! Call our accountant and they'll cut you a blank check."

You don't give Jon Favreau enough credit...

TyTrap

I was split on the jungle book live action movie. On the positive side the CGI and animation looked incredibly realistic. On the negative side I thought the movie could've been fleshed out more in the writing department. Some examples: give the elephants character and dialogue, give Kaa more than just 5 minutes of screen time, gradually build the relationship between Mowgli and Baloo. I felt this movie could've been 20 minutes longer easily if written right. My point is I hope whoever is writing this lion king adaptation fleshes things out more instead of just giving us our favorite moments so to speak.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom