News Disney and Fox come to terms -- announcement soon; huge IP acquisition

bartholomr4

I hope Sinclair is able to raise the money for this sale. And then goes bankrupt because of it. Good luck!

It's interesting they are raising the money, but don't have regulatory approval yet. Based on timing the Regulatory approval isn't likely until the end of the year. They are being audited based on a failed merger and the regulators took on some water during that event.

Darkprime

Emma Watts is staying at Fox/Disney, also Kevin Feige has been given control of every Marvel Fox property, including Deadpool.

Wow thats big. Wonder what convinced her to stay? Either way great for Disney. Always good to keep talent. And yea not surprising to hear the Marvel stuff is now officially under Feige given the F4/Mutants announcements at comic-con.

mab7689

I hope they announce Deadpool 3 at D23. I think Disney needs to show they are using the assets they spent 52 billion on.
It was 71, after they had to revise the deal to fend off Comcast. Gives them even more of a reason to utilise the acquired IP. As well as Fantastic Four, X-Men and Deadpool in the MCU, I want them to utilise the Star Wars Original Trilogy rights to release the theatrical cuts. That will win over some fans who turned on them during The Last Jedi.

Last edited:

seascape

It was 71, after they had to revise the deal to fend off Comcast. Gives them even more of a reason to utilise the acquired IP. As well as Fantastic Four, X-Men and Deadpool in the MCU, I want them to utilise the Star Wars Original Trilogy rights to release the theatrical cuts. That will win over some fans who turned on them during The Last Jedi.
You forgot to subtract the Sky money they received from Comcast.

bartholomr4

Comcast Earnings today. Reported 78 cents a share vs 69 cents a share last year, on lower revenue. If you remove adjustments due to the Hulu transaction (Comcast doesn't contribute to Hulu losses any more, and a $1 billion dollar value adjustment based on the guaranteed future value they will get from Disney )..... If your remove this adjustment, Comcast earned 68 cents a share this year vs 69 cents last year. Parks revenue was a bright spot for Comcast, up 7.5% year over year.

ABQ

..... also Kevin Feige has been given control of every Marvel Fox property, including Deadpool.
Really need to see they have agreed on a contract extension soon. Of course, as Marvel is at critical mass and very much at risk of tipping over, changing the head would lead to a collapse. Feige seems to have a vision that will hopefully allow it to persist, certainly new character involvement will help.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Looks like they might sell BlueSky.

Blue Sky’s 2019 film, the Will Smith voiced Spies in Disguise, has had its release date pushed twice and seen its budget balloon.

That's the troubling part. Blue Sky films are profitable because they're made with almost half the budget of a Disney/Pixar animated flick. This will surely kill its profit margin, the only thing that makes Blue Sky worthwhile for a company.

Although... Disney still carries Disney Studios, which, after figuring in both the bombs and the blockbusters, only barely breaks even in the theatrical window.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom