Disney already getting full for Holidays?

Schweino

I was playing around again with resort options, and looking the week of 12/4, Pop and FQ are not available for the entire frame (12/4 - 12/10). FQ wasn't either, but was when I broke it up into two different reservations (one Standard, the other Garden).

Wonder if this means that Disney is going to get super packed. 11/26 - 12/2 seems more available...

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Honestly it means nothing other than Disney is playing with availability.
I've seen this for a few years now.
One day only the most expensive rooms are available in the most expensive resorts. The next day only the cheapest rooms in the deluxe resorts are available. etc.
Don't get me wrong it will be busy in December as that's how its trended started a couple years prior to the pandemic.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

Just after Thanksgiving you may find more openings due to guests checking out post holiday. The 12/4- 10 starts having guests wanting to get in before Christmas week crowds arrive making it busier. Splitting room types showing availability may be from guests booking straight weeks worth of days in those types of room views which is blocking you out? Asking for fewer days can fit what is available.

Upvote 0

DisneyDelirious

Super structures are my specialty!
Premium Member
Week after Thanksgiving has always been easy for us to get a room. We arrive the Sun after and stay until the next Sun or Tue. Just keep checking and it’s crazy how options pop in and out.

Upvote 0

Schweino

Original Poster
Week after Thanksgiving has always been easy for us to get a room. We arrive the Sun after and stay until the next Sun or Tue. Just keep checking and it’s crazy how options pop in and out.
Thats what we did in 2020 - Saturday after Thanksgiving arrival and left the following Saturday. Appreciate the confirmation!

Upvote 0

Schweino

Original Poster
More research - Swan and Dolphin appear to be fully booked up that last week of November/first part of December too. Hmmm. Maybe still playing with availability, but appears its going to be busy :D

Upvote 0

Schweino

Original Poster
Follow up: as of yesterday, All Star Music is now off the list as well (12/3-12/10) for full availability. Resorts currently available:

POR, AKL, AS Sports, CBR, CS, AoA (Suites only), YC, BC, BW

I'm still a bit skeptical that Pop, AS Movies and AS Music as far as Values go are really fully booked to capacity (at least, as staffing allows capacity). I get that Holidays are generally Disney's busiest time and Pop has the Skyliner, but something in my brain tells me there's something else at play.

Side note: I've heard that Sports was suppose to get remodeled as well, but Disney still shows pics of the old rooms (and it also has the lowest price). Did they actually do a full remodel? EDIT: Google is a thing apparently. Answer is not yet, but it's suppose to in the future with no start date announced.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Follow up: as of yesterday, All Star Music is now off the list as well (12/3-12/10) for full availability. Resorts currently available:

I'm still a bit skeptical that Pop, AS Movies and AS Music as far as Values go are really fully booked to capacity (at least, as staffing allows capacity). I get that Holidays are generally Disney's busiest time and Pop has the Skyliner, but something in my brain tells me there's something else at play.

Side note: I've heard that Sports was suppose to get remodeled as well, but Disney still shows pics of the old rooms (and it also has the lowest price). Did they actually do a full remodel? EDIT: Google is a thing apparently. Answer is not yet, but it's suppose to in the future with no start date announced.
I said it before.Disney plays with the numbers so you telling us a resort says its unavailable means nothing.

Upvote 0

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member

Some other factors that may be in play...

Lots of families did not do a 'big trip' for either 2020 or 2021 holiday seasons due to COVID. This summer has also seen very high booking rates at the resorts due to similar delayed vacationing. You might be up against 2-3 times the normal number of people hoping for a Disney Christmas trip.

I have no actual evidence to back this up, but... are all the resorts operating at 100% capacity, yet? I know that everything is open, but during our trips over the past year there appeared to be a number of empty rooms in resorts that were showing no open rooms - we know that they are still quite short on housekeeping staff, so it is possible (if not likely) that they are opening up far less than 100% of rooms since they are unsure of staffing.

As much as I want to say that WDW is manipulating the bookings, that is a week that they would likely be trying to push more bookings into as it is usually a bit less crowded than the next three weeks - I'm curious (but not curious enough to actually look) as to what the availability looks like for 12/10-17, 12/17-24, and 12/24-31. If those weeks are showing lots of availability, then there is definitely something fishy going on... but if those weeks are all the same or even more fully booked than I think it's more the above two factors.

Upvote 0

Lilofan

First week of December is 10K football players Pop Warner kids and families from all over USA staying at value resorts and competing at ESPN.

Upvote 0

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
First week of December is 10K football players Pop Warner kids and families from all over USA staying at value resorts and competing at ESPN.
Actually as of last year pop Warner is at Universal...
Besides that I stayed at AS Sports in the middle of a block of football players (no clue who coordinated that one since we were not part of pop warner) and it really was not that bad.

Upvote 0

Lilofan

Actually as of last year pop Warner is at Universal...
Besides that I stayed at AS Sports in the middle of a block of football players (no clue who coordinated that one since we were not part of pop warner) and it really was not that bad.
That’s a loss for WDW. Where do the 10K Pop Warner kid football players have their week long competition?

Upvote 0

Lilofan

I don't know because I don't follow it...
You can Google the info from last year.
All I know is they moved it to Universal.
Pop Warner got shafted. In WDW the 10K kids and their families stated at value resorts and had all of the football games at ESPN including cheerleading . At Universal Pop stays in Universal resorts plays their games in fields all over Orlando and the main games are at Camping World Stadium near downtown not the safest area in Orlando day or night.

Upvote 0

Schweino

Original Poster
Pop Warner got shafted. In WDW the 10K kids and their families stated at value resorts and had all of the football games at ESPN including cheerleading . At Universal Pop stays in Universal resorts plays their games in fields all over Orlando and the main games are at Camping World Stadium near downtown not the safest area in Orlando day or night.
What forced the move? Reduced capacity so they couldn't handle the volume and wanted to leave the remaining volume for other folk?

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
What forced the move? Reduced capacity so they couldn't handle the volume and wanted to leave the remaining volume for other folk?
I think the NBA did. From what I remember reading at the time, Disney made it clear they were focusing on the NBA, maybe even said they couldn’t host Pop Warner at the same time, so Universal offered to host them instead.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom