Disney against adults?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mickey2008.1

Original Poster
As a family of six, we tried to book BBB, only to learn that you have to be age 11 or under. My wife and daughters do this on special family night, our anniversary. Get all princess hair doos and then enjoy the day, with my youngest at 7 wearing her gown. It is a family day for the girls to spend time together, then meat up, and go to diner. This year though, my 15, 12, year olds and wife can not get there hair done. We were told "it takes away from younger children, and two that they might resemble a character" I smell BS! Why can't they spend good money and have an enjoyable day together. Basically WDW has said " dont spend your money here, do not have fun as an adult, and do not try it without a valid birth certificate!" We are just trying to have fun as a family. Its all the girls getting their hair done together. And then go have a great dinner all dressed up, not in costumes, except for the little one. really! Oh, and this just recently changed within the past year all because of one 17 year old girl who looked too mich like tinkerbell! Ridiculous! Hey, don't take my money for unfulfilled reservations, fine with that. Makes me wonder where the MAGIC has gone. Walt always said, for EVERYONE!!!!!! Responses?

bubbles1812

Gonna be honest. I'm with Disney here too. Its was/is very clearly designed for little girls. The joy on those littles faces is precious And Id rather all little girls be able to get appointments than teens or adults. There are only so many spots. Also in no way did that change because of the Tinkerbelle girl. Totally separate and unrelated incident.

Also, if its really that important, there are plenty of spa and beauty salon type places in the Orlando area. Your wife and daughters can still get their hair done up nicely and make up too, in "princess hair dos". And still spend quality time together. And it would be much much cheaper. There are plenty of dresses that can be bought online and in the parks for your 7 year old, also at a cheaper price than in the parks. You could make appointments for them for a spa day of a sort and then still schedule dinner in the parks. You can still have fun.

Disney does things wrong but I dont think this is one of them. And no where am I getting that Disney is saying "adults don't have fun." I manage to go into the parks without a princess hair do and have fun. And again, there are salons that can do those princess dos if they need them.

I_heart_Tigger

Did the age change again recently? In January they allowed 12 year olds. I agree with Disney on this as well. It's tough enough for a little girl to get an appointment without having a bunch of grownups taking up 75% of the time slots. I think adults should go to a regular salon if they want a family experience and leave the BBB to ages 3-12 (or whatever they changed the age to)

mickey2008.1

Original Poster
Gonna be honest. I'm with Disney here too.

Also, if its really that important, there are plenty of spa and beauty salon type places in the Orlando area. Your wife and daughters can still get their hair done up nicely and make up too. And still spend quality time together. And it would be much much cheaper. There are plenty of dresses that can be bought online and in the parks for your 7 year old, also at a cheaper price than in the parks.
Hey Great! i spend all this money elsewhere only to be told that their hair looks too much like a princess, please leave! It's hair, not costumes. Family by Walt it is not, obviously.

mickey2008.1

Original Poster
We do buy the dresses online. And this may be the problem. WDW not getting the highest $$$$$. For the most part, all agree it is not for anyone over 12 years of age, then dont ride Dumbo or Barnstormer, as that is for kids only. Or am I wrong?

bubbles1812

Hey Great! i spend all this money elsewhere only to be told that their hair looks too much like a princess, please leave! It's hair, not costumes. Family by Walt it is not, obviously.
Highly doubtful. As long as they aren't wearing costumes. Like I said, this has nothing! Do to with the Tinkerbelle incident. That girl had a full on costume on, plus do and make up, plus her companion was dressed as pan. So again highly doubtful unless you tell me they have pink poofy sleeping beauty dresses picked out.

A salon is a perfect option for you older children and wife. I think you are overreacting.

Computer Magic

I think as long as you make reservations ahead of time, adults/teens should totally be able to partake. Not in the costuming, of course, but at least the hair/makeup parts! Obviously a different price than for little girls, but totally think adults and teens can be princesses!
I agree, they can't look like the characters but should be able to have their hair done. Acutally I thought I've seen sons and dads dressed like pirates, couldn't the dad be mistaken for Jack Sparrow ?

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member

Right, it's hair that they can have done in spas and salons that may not cater to those under 12. This situation has nothing to do with Disney "being against adults" but rather looking to cater to a specific demographic at one boutique.

Kristamouse

As a mom to 7 and 3 years old girl I see your point...to a point. I would enjoy getting a pedicure in Magic Kingdom mid day with my daughters in a place as cute, girly, princessy and Disney as BBB. But I would rather Visit the GF spa for my beauty needs than a place where glitter is the go to accessory. Also I believe the only time WDW let's adults in costume is the Halloween parties. Something about confusion by children seeing Buzz eating a hot dog at Casey's and not in Future World. Someone jump in and correct me here. I think some parent child packages at BBB would be a nice way for families to bond...and I want a foot soak and rub in the parks!

mickey2008.1

Original Poster
Highly doubtful. As long as they aren't wearing costumes. Like I said, this has nothing! Do to with the Tinkerbelle incident. That girl had a full on costume on, plus do and make up, plus her companion was dressed as pan. So again highly doubtful unless you tell me they have pink poofy sleeping beauty dresses picked out.

A salon is a perfect option for you older children and wife. I think you are overreacting.
Was told by a cm today, " it is because of the article in the orlando Sentinile"

bubbles1812

We do buy the dresses online. And this may be the problem. WDW not getting the highest $$$$$. For the most part, all agree it is not for anyone over 12 years of age, then dont ride Dumbo or Barnstormer, as that is for kids only. Or am I wrong?
For your littlest one that would not be a problem. She's not going to be mistaken for any character. If its your wife, yes that could happen. But from what I understand yor only getting a dress for your 7 year old. So no big deal

Also, neither dumbo or barnstormer is for kids only... Yes they are geared towards toddlers but all ride them. There is no age restriction. There arent limited finite spots each day. I rode dumbo four weeks ago and I'm 24. Your argument here doesn't follow.

Can you understand it's age limited to ensure that all little girls like your 7 year old get to have that same joy she has? And I'm sure still many can't get an appointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom