News Disney After Hours at Walt Disney World (2024)

Patcheslee

I understand if you're trying to stay away from credit cards and only use a debit card ala Dave Ramsey. But using a credit card wasn't a possibility than you couldn't immediately have paid off after squaring away the issues with your debit card?
I'm using a CC. That didn't work, my debit card didn't work. It's only ticket purchases that an issue. But it does make me question if either will work when we do go on vacation.

JusticeDisney

So I shouldn’t mention the decades of the parks being open until at least 11 p.m. and sometimes midnight or even 1 a.m. to all guests…. for no extra fee. Not to mention with a night-time parade run twice.
Right? Right?
Sigh.
Apples to oranges. Nothing wrong with charging an extra premium in exchange for getting to be in the park with drastically reduced numbers, thereby allowing you to get on any ride with practically no meaningful wait.

prberk

Apples to oranges. Nothing wrong with charging an extra premium in exchange for getting to be in the park with drastically reduced numbers, thereby allowing you to get on any ride with practically no meaningful wait.
Um, except for that happened naturally on late nights when the park closing was not unnaturally early to paying guests… for decades. What you are describing is called double-dipping. Closing the park early making people pay to see it at night is double dipping.
Also after hours time in the parks used to be free as a perk to hotel guests and actually after normal hours, as in very late into the night (without compromising regular guests’ night-time experience).

People who spend their savings to come to Walt Disney World should not be asked to pay twice to experience the park in the daytime and at night.

Ayla

enough with the "Universal is better than WDW", I'm sick of the theme park wars, they're stupid

Please stop saying Universal Orlando is better than Disney World because...

-UOR still has no intentions to phase out the Dora the Explorer characters from Nickelodeon for good, due to that IP isn't as popular or marketable as it once was(this is why the KidZone area closed in January, and Day in the Park with Barney shuttered for good in 2021), her series barely/doesn't air on television anymore, there's very little merchandise with her likeness sold in stores, and we already have Gabby from Gabby's Dollhouse appearing as the park's most popular(and only) Pre-K character right now, and that Gabby's from DreamWorks, that's owned by Universal, there's literally no point for UNIVERSAL of having Dora anymore(the only reason why Dora's still there because they had to bundle her with the still popular and marketable SpongeBob Squarepants)

-Fast and Furious Supercharged exists(I know the movies are still marketable, but the ride itself is awful)

-I enjoy the works of Dr Seuss and his books are timeless classics, but Seuss Landing is just a broken down area at Islands of Adventure, the Grinch's costume used during most of the year(except for his top notch face character appearance at Grinchmas) is a big hot mess(he doesn't even have a mouth, it's dark green), the Lorax costume is also broken(despite being the Illumination version, btw, it's one of the weakest movies from that studio), the Cat in the Hat ride is broken, and can't be fixed(and is considered by quite a few to be one of the worst rides at Universal), and the carousel had to close for a year or two

-The Lost Continent is VERY OUTDATED and very empty nowadays, since the stunt show ended in 2019, and the area's only attraction is incredibly outdated and not the crowdpleaser that it once was

-Too many screen based attractions

-As much as I don't mind the Minions, I think having two Minion themed attractions based upon the popular yellow twinkles is pretty unnecessary(I don't get why they couldn't clone the Secret Life of Pets dark ride from Hollywood to take Shrek 4D's spot(the Villain Con attraction could had happened in 2016 as a temporary attraction rather than a long term offering), and have an Illumination Cafe instead of an entire Minion themed cafe as the replacement of the Classic Monsters Cafe)

-Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit coaster is MID and OVERRATED as hell

-They don't do too much with the DreamWorks Animation IPs ever since Universal bought the studio in 2016, like how Pixar has a solid presence at WDW(the only DWA IPs that Universal care about in the long term are, Shrek, Madagascar, Kung Fu Panda, How to Train Your Dragon, and Trolls, that's it, they're the most popular of the bunch, we had Everest the yeti, She Ra, and Boss Baby appear, but their appearances were very short lived, and yet how the hell are Dora and Diego still at the parks, despite being not as popular as they were in 2005, and also, we need The Bad Guys, Megamind, and The Croods in the long term)

-Marvel Superhero Island is overrated and mostly has a mid character dinner, that's generic and stupidly only have six heroes and two villains do meet and greets in the entire land(Spider-Man, Captain America, Wolverine, Rogue, Storm, Cyclops, the Green Goblin, and Dr Doom, the six hero outfits are generic as hell, and I don't know why they don't have more), Storm Force Accelatron is very mid and only a kid's ride, no wonder this was the number-one reason why Avengers Campus wasn't constructed for Disney's Hollywood Studios(and that's why the park has nothing but SW stuff), WDW couldn't build an entire fifth gate(that would have an Avengers land), or allow any member of the Avengers at WDW is because of that big, fat, forever contract that was written before Disney bought Marvel(and they cemented that name in Hollywood today with billion dollar movies, top quality entertainment for the Avengers Campus lands in California and Paris), okay sure The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man is groundbreaking(and better than the Web-Slingers ride in Avengers Campus), despite Chris Eagerly not being the best choice to play Spidey himself and J Jonah Jameson(a small nitpick)

-Toon Lagoon, needs an update, BIG TIME, I know Popeye isn't as popular, but he does has his fans, but who the fridge knows who Dudley Do-Right is, I know Ripsaw Falls is a fun ride that's wetter than the formerly named Splash Mountain, but that IP isn't the crowdpleasing IP that the Minions are today

-Epic Universe will ONLY be worth it for Super Nintendo World(it'll be a game-changer for Central Florida), the Dragons area could look cool(much like the movies), and it's nice to see the Universal Monsters in their new forever home, but WHO THE HELL is ever going to remember Fantastic Beasts enough to be the fourth land at the new park, and yet they could had went with the following instead, SpongeBob's World of Bikini Bottom(since they're still licensing SB), Pokemon Alley(Universal is considering Pokemon), or the Land of Far, Far Away(or even a land featuring a dark ride based around The Bad Guys) instead of this polarizing spin-off series of the popular Wizarding World franchise, especially since the most recent installment flopped big time at the box office and critics weren't too fond of it
I really don't think you want to get into a point by point criticism of what's wrong/broken/outdated/closed at WDW right now, because that grievance list you have about UO would be dwarfed.

JusticeDisney

Um, except for that happened naturally on late nights when the park closing was not unnaturally early to paying guests… for decades. What you are describing is called double-dipping. Closing the park early making people pay to see it at night is double dipping.
Also after hours time in the parks used to be free as a perk to hotel guests and actually after normal hours, as in very late into the night (without compromising regular guests’ night-time experience).

People who spend their savings to come to Walt Disney World should not be asked to pay twice to experience the park in the daytime and at night.
Still apples to oranges. No matter how you slice it, the paid after hours version guarantees you little to no waits. The other things you reference did not. This is a premium worth paying for, at least in my opinion (and obviously in the opinion of countless others, as evidenced by the consistent sell outs).

As for your last point, WDW is a business. It’s design is to make money. Business do what the market allows them to do. WDW is not unique in this regard.

JusticeDisney

I really don't think you want to get into a point by point criticism of what's wrong/broken/outdated/closed at WDW right now, because that grievance list you have about UO would be dwarfed.
LOL. Not gonna get into an item by item argument here, but Universal has a ton of issues. Don’t get me wrong, so does WDW, but there would be no dwarfing going on.

Kathy Mulligan

My family is coming to Orlando the 21st and going to Hollywood studios the 22nd and the Magic Kingdom the 27th. Both for after hours night events. I tried calling Disney ticket sales about an hour ago to get tickets for just myself but they said it's sold out. How do I get a single ticket for each day for one person?? I'm disabled an would like to attend with my family that I haven't seen since before covid. Is there any way to buy tickets for myself ??? Thank you

JohnD

According to the Walt Disney World website, the April 19 After Hours event at Hollywood Studios has sold out.

Remaining dates available for purchase: 
May 3, 17, 24, 31; Jun 7, 14, 21, 28.
Glad I didn't wait until the last minute on this date or I would have been locked out.

JMcMahonEsq

This is what I started warning about…probably 15 years ago.

$300 days aren’t good for us, Disney or their investors…so I’ll continue to say it and hope the line is towed and I’m never proven right.

It’s not that kinda jam
I don't know about that, at least as it applies to us.

We have on 2 recent occasions done both an AE event, and had day tickets. Once for the Boo Bash, and once for a christmas themed after hours event. Both times we had day tickets, one for AK one for Epcot. In each instance it let us cut down one day from our trip, and get in all the parks in a shorter window. This let us fit in the trips in a smaller windows which was great for scheduling purposes between Football and wrestling schedules, and saved us on hotel rooms, food ect.

Now to be fair both those AE events were AE+ as they had themed entertainment as opposed to just park being opened later, but it still definitely gave us flexibility with out trip planning.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I don't know about that, at least as it applies to us.

We have on 2 recent occasions done both an AE event, and had day tickets. Once for the Boo Bash, and once for a christmas themed after hours event. Both times we had day tickets, one for AK one for Epcot. In each instance it let us cut down one day from our trip, and get in all the parks in a shorter window. This let us fit in the trips in a smaller windows which was great for scheduling purposes between Football and wrestling schedules, and saved us on hotel rooms, food ect.

Now to be fair both those AE events were AE+ as they had themed entertainment as opposed to just park being opened later, but it still definitely gave us flexibility with out trip planning.
At those daily rates they will lose significant volume of visitors…which will also mean revenue and profits

It will seriously undermine the finances of the TWDC and investors will want blood as they circle the boat.

Because the parks were built to attract a certain clientele and profit off them a certain way. And it’s worked for 70 years…by design

Watch it play

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom