News Disney After Hours at Walt Disney World (2024)

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
How about reduced-price half-day tickets (at least, for MK)?

You still sell full-priced all-day tickets, but you also offer reduced-price half-day tickets:
  • Early Day tickets: Allows entry from 8a - 3p (1p parade)
  • Late Day tickets: Allows entry from 3p - 10p (5p parade)

TQQQ

You still sell full-priced all-day tickets, but you also offer reduced-price half-day tickets:
Think it would cannibalize its full day ticket too much?

dreday3

How would they get everyone out by 3?

And if I have a package with tickets, but I only go for the morning, do I get money back? 🤔😁

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Not if you don't discount it 50% or more.

Someone goes in the morning at 75% of full price and leaves, replaced by someone going at night also with a 75% discount. Disney gets a 50% increase in ticket sale in place of one person going all day.

dreday3

Argh, I forgot that what they do for a hard ticket evening event (wristbands) won't work with full-day guests in the park too. Hmmm...

I like the idea for locals of selling discounted tickets for after 4 arrivals, but then as a tourist it worries me that the nights would be packed! Especially if they stop with reservations. (although apparently it still feels crowded even with reservations)

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

Too many logistical problems with that (Yes, some of us more jaded people have discussed it before 😂 ).

I have no problem with WDW doing this. Regular guest still get normal operating hours until 9pm. Doesn't hurt anyone

It's marketed as a completely different experience. "Don't like lines? Just pay $149/person and get shorter ones at night!" It's a monetized solution to a problem THEY CREATED by not increasing park capacity while driving attendance up like a rocket under the Bob's.

mysto

I don't think reducing costs for parkgoers is on trend. Are you feeling the pinch? Just curious, could be anecdotal evidence of the vaunted tipping point.

Plus as dreday3 points out ejecting the am half days would be difficult. It would probably require extra staffing and paying humans is also not a current trend for this co.

Phicinfan

We just did the DHS after hours event last week(1/11) and had a blast. Literally 10 min waits on Rise, Smuggler's run, Sleepy dog dash and Midway mania. Only miss was tower of terror(which I don't like to ride, not a drop fan) and Rockn'roller coaster was down some.

but we spent 7-10 having a blast and riding and re-riding things that whole time. Honestly, we got more done and had more fun on those few hours than we did for the day we spent there on Saturday.

Drdcm

I actually enjoy these. The way I see it, I can pay a little more to basically do every ride without a wait. My only issue is that it used to be free, either the parks were open super late (like 2am) or evening extra magic hours. Now they charge, so I would argue it does hurt (regular) resort guests.

15642 Disney Guy

if you had go guess, do you think there will after hours in June? Specifically, I will be there June 11 - 16th and would LOVE to attend one of these events!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom