News Disney After Hours Events expands to Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Disney's Animal Kingdom

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Disney After Hours selling out at both Disney's Animal Kingdom and Disney's Hollywood Studios

Winter Break for many coupled with Presidents Day Holiday. So the sellout is probably an anomaly, however these AH events are here to stay. I would expect more to be added over the busy summer, possibly multiple times per week.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
This is absurd! I’m pretty sure this is how the French Revolution started.
10.jpg

henwen

Any guesses on if they will continue this through the summer? We did not renew our APs this year, then booked a 4th of July long weekend trip planning on water parks/resort time. However, if they have this at the MK, we may go for it since it's way too hot during the day anyway and, with DVC discount, is cheaper than a day pass.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
These is obviously a demand for the events. More power to them.
"Demand" should not be confused with "little other choice."

There is demand for more evening EMH and later park closings. But do you think that will ever happen since they know people are willing to pay $125 PP to do the same?

tampabrad

I could see possibly doing the night time one as you don't need a daily park ticket and you can still get into the park at 7pm.

Still think it is horrible that daily admission is now sometimes split into 2 or even 3 separate tickets.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Consider this case:

You don't have an annual pass, so, you have to buy day tickets.

It's already past the 60 day FP+ and so you know how really difficult it is to get FPs to FoP, 7DMT, and Slinky. This makes staying at a Disney resort less valuable to you even though you're paying a premium to stay there. OR, the Disney resorts are booked (which happens several weeks a year).

So... you stay at a much cheaper nearby hotel and save anywhere from $30 to $100 a day. You buy into the 3 After Hours events for MK, DAK, and DHS in place of buying tickets for those days. This gives you 3 days of 4-5 hours at each of those parks doing all the E-Ticket and most popular rides you can handle without any crowds and avoiding the heat of the day. You even get to see their night shows. The money you saved on a non-Disney hotel subsidizes the higher price of those tickets.

If you really want to experience the rides... not a bad option.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Consider this case:

You don't have an annual pass, so, you have to buy day tickets.

It's already past the 60 day FP+ and so you know how really difficult it is to get FPs to FoP, 7DMT, and Slinky. This makes staying at a Disney resort less valuable to you even though you're paying a premium to stay there. OR, the Disney resorts are booked (which happens several weeks a year).

So... you stay at a much cheaper nearby hotel and save anywhere from $30 to $100 a day. You buy into the 3 After Hours events for MK, DAK, and DHS in place of buying tickets for those days. This gives you 3 days of 4-5 hours at each of those parks doing all the E-Ticket and most popular rides you can handle without any crowds and avoiding the heat of the day. You even get to see their night shows. The money you saved on a non-Disney hotel subsidizes the higher price of those tickets.

If you really want to experience the rides... not a bad option.

Also consider that during the summer when the parks tend to close a little later, (MK at 10PM) you get 3 hours in the park (which you can get FP+ for) and then an additional 3 hours of AH time.

My biggest complaint about the AH when I went at the MK was that it started as HEA started, so if you want to watch the show it cuts into your time.

Dad 2 M & M

Donald Trump was lucky in 2016 to run against the only person in America he could beat. Hillary Rodham Clinton lost to the two most unqualified people to ever win the Presidency. No matter what you think of President Obama, he clearly lacked the experience to win. I said back in 2008 he ran just to gain experience running. He never thought he would win because just like in 2016 everyone thought it would be HRC winning the Democratic Primary. Wh er n she lost and the economy collapsed any Democratic Candidate would have won the general election. So will Trump with again in 2020? It depends what lesson the Democrats learned from 2016. Do I think they learned anything? It does not look like it because they want to blame the Russians snd Facebook. Ha! If they really believe a few adds on Facebook cost them the Election or the Russians, they learned nothing. Pick a Candidate that can attract the hard working middle class voters.
There should be no left or right. Which is really sad for the country.

But what the hell do I know.. I voted for Gary Johnson.
Any guess on tickets sold?
Sorry no.
Winter Break for many coupled with Presidents Day Holiday. So the sellout is probably an anomaly, however these AH events are here to stay. I would expect more to be added over the busy summer, possibly multiple times per week.
Still waiting on May dates, so I hope you're right!
Anyone attend the sold out After Hours? Wonder how the lines were at Slinky Dog?

We attended DHS AH the weekend before and it was really nice as very few attended.....it was drizzling a bit and that might have influenced the sparse crowd

Texas84

April 6 makes no sense. A half marathon is the next morning. If they had it the same day as the half runners would go. The last time I did this there were still walk-up tickets.

punkabella

I'm considering going to one of these when I'm in Orlando for a conference. Usually I spend the evenings at Disney Springs to get my fix, but this opens up options (but again, if MK stayed open until 11-12 on a regular basis, I'd consider that too). I don't see how they can charge the same rate for AK and HS as they do MK, though.

stevepert

Apologies for being a bit thick. We're in HS on 13th April which is an after hours day. Park hours are 0900-2030 and ticketed hours are 2100-0000. But we're going to watch Fantasmic! which starts at 2030 and finishes at 2100, so we'll still be in the park at the start of the after hours event. Will our magic bands stop us from riding after 2030? What's to stop us just hanging around in the park until midnight?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom