Disney Adults Don’t Care If You Hate Them

Rich T

...That doesn't mean I love everything, but Disney World continues to be my escape at 29 and it will be my escape when/if I'm 99.
As someone who grew up going to Disneyland in the 60’s and loved the parks all my life... until recently... I’d like to offer a bit of perspective. Everything changes. New regimes take control of businesses. Don’t count on WDW being the same (if it still exists) when you’re 99. Theme parks in general could be extinct by then, or have evolved into something completely different.

Enjoy what you love about WDW, but also examine what specific elements there bring you joy, and also seek those elements outside the Disney corporation. Wonderful artistry and wonder exist everywhere. If a time comes when the corporation called Disney no longer offers what you used to enjoy, you’ll find replacements, and you’ll always have the good memories.

Don’t love the corporation run by rich executives who probably can’t even name MK’s lands. Love the history and art created by thousands of talented animators, musicians, artists and performers who have created true magic at Disney over the decades.

Last edited:

Club Cooloholic

Jason McBrien

Funny this was in the article
(Some last names have been withheld throughout this piece to protect sources’ privacy).

LOL Buzzfeed.

Not news: Some adults go to Disney World without kids
"News": Some people don't like the fact that adults go to Disney World without kids for some reason

I mean, it's so bad we have to protect the persecuted!

My wife and I went to Disney World before we had kids. She worked at the Disney Store at the time and got a good discount. We knew lots of adults that did this. It didn't even register that it was odd, nor did anyone we talked to about it. This was in the late 90's.

I'm guessing the keywords "Disney" and "Hate" do well in the social media news recommendation algorithms.

Diamond Dot

It's go to Disney on my own or not at all, unthinkable! I'm a widow with no family and my friends aren't interested. I have no one to leave my estate to when I'm gone, so I'm enjoying my money that I earned and saved. I'm already planning my big 60th birthday blowout for 2023, 6 days at the Grand Californian and then over to WDW, although I can't quite decide which resort, Animal Kingdom Lodge Savannah view ( a long held dream) Yacht Club or just French Quarter as I've had lovely times there.
What's wrong with having the childhood Disney vacations you dreamed of as an adult?

Lilofan

It's go to Disney on my own or not at all, unthinkable! I'm a widow with no family and my friends aren't interested. I have no one to leave my estate to when I'm gone, so I'm enjoying my money that I earned and saved. I'm already planning my big 60th birthday blowout for 2023, 6 days at the Grand Californian and then over to WDW, although I can't quite decide which resort, Animal Kingdom Lodge Savannah view ( a long held dream) Yacht Club or just French Quarter as I've had lovely times there.
What's wrong with having the childhood Disney vacations you dreamed of as an adult?
Like your mindset! Have a great time!

Sbk1234

I LOVE this! I'm set to retire in 7.66 years (but who's counting?) I'm already planning a two-week Disney World trip to celebrate my liberation. My wife will join me for only one week (she says she can't handle more than that), and I'm looking forward to the solo time in WDW.

ppet

My wife and I bought APs for the first time this year. The kids have all moved out on their own. they will join us for one trip which will also include our grandson. The rest will be my wife and I and we can't wait.

Dear Prudence

As someone who grew up going to Disneyland in the 60’s and loved the parks all my life... until recently... I’d like to offer a bit of perspective. Everything changes. New regimes take control of businesses. Don’t count on WDW being the same (if it still exists) when you’re 99. Theme parks in general could be extinct by then, or have evolved into something completely different.

Enjoy what you love about WDW, but also examine what specific elements there bring you joy, and also seek those elements outside the Disney corporation. Wonderful artistry and wonder exist everywhere. If a time comes when the corporation called Disney no longer offers what you used to enjoy, you’ll find replacements, and you’ll always have the good memories.

Don’t love the corporation run by rich executives who probably can’t even name MK’s lands. Love the history and art created by thousands of talented animators, musicians, artists and performers who have created true magic at Disney over the decades.
I think this nails it for me. I don't know if I would consider myself a Disney Adult, but I guess I am one. When I think of Disney Adults, I think of Disney Adults ™️ I think of a very specific and particularly grating kind of person who is obsessed to levels of cultist toxicity. But Walt had always said these movies and these parks are for everyone, and they really are magnificent works of art.

Diamond Dot

Diamond Dot

And don't listen to the people who have never set foot inside a Disney park, but, are quick to give you grief because you go. As a child growing up in a poverty stricken home, although we never really noticed it, Disney was an escape, going to see the latest Disney movie was a massive treat, they were never shown on TV except for clips on Disney Time. I was given a Movie Viewer toy as a main present one Christmas with two movies, Lonesome Ghosts and a Donald Duck goes camping one, with no sound either, but, I watched them over and over again. I go to Disney parks as an adult to fulfil my dreams and enjoy and admire the incredible themes, especially attraction lines, Everest has a sensational one with items genuinely from the region. I photograph and scrapbook so much of artistry modern guests don't look at twice. How many look above their heads as they race to the next attraction? The windows at DHS or the crates by the lake. I pulled the rope outside Indiana Jones and people looked at me angrily as if I were doing something wrong, but, if they read the sign properly they would know to pull the rope and listen.
It is easy to get angry at some changes involving old favourites, but, to be fair evolution is a fact of life so embrace it, so long as they dont remove the Partners statue I'm okay.

CLBMN

I agree! Who cares if people don't like what I like?
I do not even look at what they like.......it is my choice not anyone else's.
I am a grown woman, with $$, and I can do what I want. I have seen other things that people like, and I am like...no way!!!
Anyone who says anything to me I figure they are kind of ignorant...hahha. Move on.
Have they even been or looked at Disney!! Just sayin'. :p

Thepuma

Me and my wife are 50 and we holiday to Orlando 2 or 3 times a year JUST to do the theme parks. We really don't care what other people think....most of it is probably jealousy. I mean, I'd have to question anyone who wouldn't have a blast on rides like FOP, GoGCR,Remy,Soarin,Test Track,KiliSafari,ROTR etc etc....we feel those people are missing out on some amazing experiences

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom