Disney 2032: Challenge Sign-Up

Sam Magic

Original Poster
Welcome to the first of it's kind Project which will expand upon former ones but add new things to make this challenge enjoyable. How it works is easy: You and a team of people have THREE MONTHS to create what the International Olympic Committee calls a Bid Book. Now what will your bid book be about? Imagine your team is a design firm that's been approached by Disney and asked to design a new resort with two main parks, a water park, a Downtown district, hotel district, lifestyle district (residential nieghborhoods with schools and such) Sports center, and convention center. This bid book must be at least 100 pages and has to feature art work and detailed descriptions of each area along with a budget and construction proposal. It's not necssary that you design and layout each ride, just focus on the lands and themes of park with maybe a few flagship attractions in them. The document must be uploaded to the Application thread (which will be up soon) by midnight May 1st.

A full set of rules will be on the Application thread. Here sign-up, get a group together, and decide on a resort location.

Sam

Last edited:

Matt7187

Welcome to the first of it's kind Challenge which will expand upon former ones but add new things to make this challenge enjoyable. How it works is easy: You and a team of people have THREE MONTHS to create what the International Olympic Committee calls a Bid Book. Now what will your bid book be about? Imagine your team is a design firm that's been approached by Disney and asked to design a new resort with two main parks, a water park, a Downtown district, hotel district, lifestyle district (residential nieghborhoods with schools and such) Sports center, and convention center. This bid book must be at least 100 pages and has to feature art work and detailed descriptions of each area along with a budget and construction proposal. It's not necssary that you design and layout each ride, just focus on the lands and themes of park with maybe a few flagship attractions in them. The document must be uploaded to the Application thread (which will be up soon) by midnight May 1st.

A full set of rules will be on the Application thread. Here sign-up, get a group together, and decide on a resort location.

Sam
Some of that sounds very similar to me..

RMichael21

Not to offend you Sam in anyway, but I'm worried about this challenge. It seems very likely that competitors will procrastinate and not get work done. Also, with the WEDCar race going on I'm not sure people will want to do it. Just my opinion though, and it's a great idea.

Sam Magic

Original Poster
Not to offend you Sam in anyway, but I'm worried about this challenge. It seems very likely that competitors will procrastinate and not get work done. Also, with the WEDCar race going on I'm not sure people will want to do it. Just my opinion though, and it's a great idea.
Thank you for your input, the continuation of WEDCAR is something I have planned this contest around. To keep people interested and on track each month a group must give a report on progress.

spacemt354

Chili's
I would be interested in this. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to join the WEDCar race late @RMicheal21 because that competition sounds great and I didn't get to see it until now. I could have all 3 challenges in by tomorrow however I understand if that would be frowned upon.

Sam Magic

Original Poster
I would be interested in this. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to join the WEDCar race late @RMicheal21 because that competition sounds great and I didn't get to see it until now. I could have all 3 challenges in by tomorrow however I understand if that would be frowned upon.
Yes it will be hard, their well into it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom