Disney’s Q2 (Jan/Feb/Mar) FY 2021 Earnings Results Webcast on Thursday, May 13, 4:30ET.

Slpy3270

He said the opposite of that.
Cutting the theatrical window, and thus the profit a Marvel/Star Wars/Disney/20th movie can make, doesn't seem like a theatrical commitment nor not a recipe for pay cuts and job losses. There's a reason the risk of a Hollywood labor strike is higher than ever, and it may be more prolonged than the 2007-08 writers strike.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
If nothing else, this seems like the least prepared/polished Chapek has come across in one of these calls.
Disagree. He’s generally been very looselipped and said several things he shouldn’t have, at one point spilling trade secrets about actual attendance and capacity. I thought this was a significant improvement.

castlecake2.0

Id much rather they get rid of the bouncers at the front doors of all the QSRs checking for mobile orders before getting rid of masks. I like being able to mobile order but im getting annoyed with the iPad people guarding the places.

CaptainAmerica

Id much rather they get rid of the bouncers at the front doors of all the QSRs checking for mobile orders before getting rid of masks. I like being able to mobile order but im getting annoyed with the iPad people guarding the places.
I LOVE those people and hope they stay forever. I don't like mandatory mobile order but I really like that people can't hog up QS seating when they're not actually dining.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
I don't think I've had to show my mobile order before. I've just told the person that I have a mobile order that's ready.

I think for now they serve well as gate keepers. While it should be obvious there's a need to mobile order, an unfortunately high number of people would seemingly first trip over the mobile order signs before actually reading them.

ToTBellHop

I don't think I've had to show my mobile order before. I've just told the person that I have a mobile order that's ready.

I think for now they serve well as gate keepers. While it should be obvious there's a need to mobile order, an unfortunately high number of people would seemingly first trip over the mobile order signs before actually reading them.
Soon enough, they’ll be shouting, “masks on!”

DCBaker

Premium Member
Did Bob Chapek say anything specific about Disneyland for its replacement AP program?

"In terms of park and in terms of the relative profitability, as you know, we have -- there's a lot of negative impacts, of course, with COVID. But one of the things that it gave us a chance to do as we were forced to stop operation was to completely reexamine how we priced and programmed our tickets. And as you all know, we ended our current annual pass program at Disneyland, and that gives us a chance to sort of create a modern version of a park loyalty program, an affinity program that isn't necessarily governed by legacy. And as you know, the net contribution back to the company varies tremendously and was one of the levers that we use to grow yield over the past several years, depending on what type of tickets structure a particular guest came in. With the ability now for us to sort of completely reconsider how we go about our loyalty programs, and our frequent visitor programs, we have the chance to make even more advancements not only in terms of the guest experience and make sure that guests have a tremendous experience no matter what day of the year they come, whether it is a high demand day or a relatively low demand day, but also the ability to increase our per caps and yields, and we've already seen tremendous growth in those, as you're seeing over the last couple quarters. But I don't think we have even scratched the surface in terms of what we can do when we finally restart with some of our programs in terms of making sure, again, that not only do we improve the guest experience, but at the same time get an adequate return to our shareholders for the type of experience that we do give to our guests. So very positive on those factors. "

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
"In terms of park and in terms of the relative profitability, as you know, we have -- there's a lot of negative impacts, of course, with COVID. But one of the things that it gave us a chance to do as we were forced to stop operation was to completely reexamine how we priced and programmed our tickets. And as you all know, we ended our current annual pass program at Disneyland, and that gives us a chance to sort of create a modern version of a park loyalty program, an affinity program that isn't necessarily governed by legacy. And as you know, the net contribution back to the company varies tremendously and was one of the levers that we use to grow yield over the past several years, depending on what type of tickets structure a particular guest came in. With the ability now for us to sort of completely reconsider how we go about our loyalty programs, and our frequent visitor programs, we have the chance to make even more advancements not only in terms of the guest experience and make sure that guests have a tremendous experience no matter what day of the year they come, whether it is a high demand day or a relatively low demand day, but also the ability to increase our per caps and yields, and we've already seen tremendous growth in those, as you're seeing over the last couple quarters. But I don't think we have even scratched the surface in terms of what we can do when we finally restart with some of our programs in terms of making sure, again, that not only do we improve the guest experience, but at the same time get an adequate return to our shareholders for the type of experience that we do give to our guests. So very positive on those factors. "
Hey, how are you capturing the CC?

Slpy3270

I went to a Braves-Cubs game a few weeks ago (broadcast on ESPN, funnily enough), and almost all of the audience was a white middle-aged person.

That right there explains the network's cutback on baseball and why they're boasting more about hockey, soccer, football and (to an extent) basketball: they're sports that the young like more. It's all about the 18-49 demo and no one else, and the demo has made it clear they don't care about baseball.

AEfx

And as you all know, we ended our current annual pass program at Disneyland, and that gives us a chance to sort of create a modern version of a park loyalty program, an affinity program that isn't necessarily governed by legacy. And as you know, the net contribution back to the company varies tremendously and was one of the levers that we use to grow yield over the past several years, depending on what type of tickets structure a particular guest came in. With the ability now for us to sort of completely reconsider how we go about our loyalty programs, and our frequent visitor programs, we have the chance to make even more advancements not only in terms of the guest experience and make sure that guests have a tremendous experience no matter what day of the year they come, whether it is a high demand day or a relatively low demand day, but also the ability to increase our per caps and yields, and we've already seen tremendous growth in those, as you're seeing over the last couple quarters.

In other words, unlimited Annual Passes aren't coming back to Disneyland at any price point.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom