Disney’s Q2 FY22 Earnings Results Webcast

UNCgolf

Throughput is irrelevant.

An attraction that occupies 10 people for 45 minutes is just as valuable to perceived crowding as an attraction that occupies 90 people for 5 minutes.

This is one of the reasons it's so annoying that Disney keeps building shorter attractions. EPCOT went from a bunch of 10-15 minute attractions (some even longer) to ones that are less than 5 minutes. That causes cascading issues throughout the park.

High hourly capacity is good, but long attractions are even better. Both is ideal.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

This is one of the reasons it's so annoying that Disney keeps building shorter attractions. EPCOT went from a bunch of 10-15 minute attractions (some even longer) to ones that are less than 5 minutes. That causes cascading issues throughout the park.

High hourly capacity is good, but long attractions are even better. Both is ideal.
Short attractions with long queues that people don't mind waiting in achieve the same effect as long attractions, but they keep nuking that idea with VQs.

EPCOT-O.G.

The Podcast: The Ride guys described EPCOT as a “concept album” once. And as I think of it, going from 15 minute dark rides to 3 minute thrill rides is like if Pink Floyd pivoted from their super long songs to radio-friendly pop hits.

UNCgolf

Short attractions with long queues that people don't mind waiting in achieve the same effect as long attractions, but they keep nuking that idea with VQs.

Right, the number of people waiting in the queue matters too. But a long attraction with a long wait is still better there, obviously.

Like if Frozen Ever After has a 60 minute wait and Spaceship Earth has a 30 minute wait -- assuming, for the sake of argument, those wait times were actually 100% accurate -- Spaceship Earth is still keeping more people busy longer since it's both higher capacity and significantly longer.

EDIT: Also completely agree that the VQs make everything worse.

Last edited:

Ldno

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
World Bank stated the two month recession in 2020 was due to covid and lasted from March-April 2020
One month is not a recession

In the US, a recession officially begins after two quarters of negative gdp growth…and when it becomes a real “recession” it ends up lasting for 18 months +

Trauma

I had a joke in mind that involved this comment and the state of FL, but I'll refrain from making anything that might be construed as a political statement.
Write it backwards the mods won’t notice.

1652407939584.gif

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

$32B spending in content for the year, 1/3 of which is in sports.

General entertainment is the rest with linear/DTC/theatrical.

Targeted segments: local language
  • over 500 local content shows
  • Asian Pacific: 140 new shows
  • in EMEA: 150
  • India: 100
  • Latin America: 200

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

$32B spending in content for the year, 1/3 of which is in sports.

General entertainment is the rest with linear/DTC/theatrical.

Targeted segments: local language
  • over 500 local content shows
  • Asian Pacific: 140 new shows
  • in EMEA: 150
  • India: 100
  • Latin America: 200
When you break it down that way…it doesn’t seem like it’s as big of a number to me

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Sadly, I would almost prefer they take the Capex and focus on maintenance for a year or so, so that the attractions they have actually function as designed and are up to date.
Can’t argue with that.

The amount of “rot” is appalling in the parks right now. That’s the “great” Bobs management. Nobody protested…so they automatically assume they’re doing something “smart”

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Professional spin artist. Really? Revenues are up after last year's covid mess? Who would have thought!

I hope investors continue to punish Disney stock. They're losing confidence in Chapek. Investors like stability.
Well Wall Street didn’t buy it…for one minute.

They want him out. So does the Hollywood scene.

Tough spot if you’re the head of Disney

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom