Disney’s Q1 FY23 Earnings Results Webcast - Wednesday, Feb 8, 2023

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
That doesn’t seem to be the way things are heading

can’t say exactly, but sounds like they realized some mistakes were made

Just now realizing that mistakes were made? Really.
Wow if Bob's big splash in the year of our Lord 2023 is that he should re-enter the brick-and-mortar retail space... woof.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Wow if Bob's big splash in the year of our Lord 2023 is that he should re-enter the brick-and-mortar retail space... woof.
I don't think that's entirely a bad idea, as long as it's targeted (No, not meaning Target!) and well-done. Spalshing Disney Stores in every remaining mall in every major city would be a horrible idea, but having some fun and whimsy in, say, 6-8 locations around the country (Including DS, that store is so devoid of life it almost smells like formaldehyde), with products of Disney quality of old? Sounds like a place many people would actually want to visit and spend money at. If it's the same cheaply made crap in the stores that you can order online? Forget it. Put some fun back into the stores, make them a little slice of the parks... just a taste... just enough to entice people to want to book a trip.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I don't think that's entirely a bad idea, as long as it's targeted (No, not meaning Target!) and well-done. Spalshing Disney Stores in every remaining mall in every major city would be a horrible idea, but having some fun and whimsy in, say, 6-8 locations around the country (Including DS, that store is so devoid of life it almost smells like formaldehyde), with products of Disney quality of old? Sounds like a place many people would actually want to visit and spend money at. If it's the same cheaply made crap in the stores that you can order online? Forget it. Put some fun back into the stores, make them a little slice of the parks... just a taste... just enough to entice people to want to book a trip.
There are more than 6-8 locations still operating currently.

Elijah Abrams

In the Parks
Yes
The Iger-led restructuring is likely to be announced around the earnings conference date.

Layoffs are expected to be "minimal" compared to what other media companies have been dealing with.
I know it's far-fetched, but I wish one of the restructuring acts that will happen is selling off 20th Century Studios.

Reemalfaryan

An update to this - the earnings call will take place February 8th.

"The Walt Disney Company (NYSE: DIS) will discuss fiscal first quarter 2023 financial results via a live audio webcast beginning at 4:30 p.m. ET / 1:30 p.m. PT on Wednesday, February 8, 2023.

Results will be released after the close of regular trading on February 8, 2023."
How can I register for this earrings

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
How can I register for this earrings
There will be a link on the page below. No need to register, everyone can listen in...

Slpy3270

I know it's far-fetched, but I wish one of the restructuring acts that will happen is selling off 20th Century Studios.
austin-powers.gif

celluloid

And rightly so, since DLP hadn’t had any real investment over the past decades with - maybe - the exception of Ratatouille. Which WDW then later cloned in Epcot.

However, I was t aware that Shanghai was such a ‘dumpster fire’ so I’ll be sure to look into that.
It would only be rightly so if Disneyland Paris' additions were not an overpriced bad retheme of their RnR and a clone of Webslingers

Last edited:

MarvelCharacterNerd

Are they using drones all the time - or was that for a special event?

Disney should be utilizing drones for it's entertainment years ago.
It's a new show for Paris' 30th anniversary. Will run from now till May.

But they did a smaller version of the drone light show for the Avengers Campus (Paris) grand opening. Pretty much a test run. Was very cool to watch (online at least lol).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom