Disney’s Q1 FY18 Earnings Results Webcast

seascape

Disney 6% increase in domestic attendance while partially offset by 2 days of closing WDW in 2016 thus allowing for a 2.2% increase in days still yield a 3.8% increase in average daily attendance. How does this compact to Universal? Based upon their numbers? I think they were flat or down a fraction domestically because their 8% increase in revenue less the 2.2% in increase days leaves only 5.8% increase in revenue which was the result of higher per capita spending. Universals 3.2% increase in EBITA from the parks is even worse when you take into account that besides losing 2.2% of the days there was also large costs associated with preparing for and restoring from the Hurricane in 2016. A 3.2% increase was nothing.

Walt d

Disney will discuss the financial results for Q1 FY2018 on February 6, 2018 at 4:30 PM ET/1:30 PM PT. Results will be released at the close of trading hours on 2/6.
https://thewaltdisneycompany.com/disneys-q1-fy18-earnings-results-webcast/
Good news bob” now is the time to give the share holders. A stock split right bob” right bob” were waiting” you have been there for 17 years. And nothing for the share holders bob” lets go bob... whats the hold up??

Legendary

I think the ceiling will crash. We used to go every single year sometimes several times a year and with prices for everything just going up we have definitely slowed down. We now go every other year and manage to cut costs by eating Disney food 1 meal a day. Other guests have reduced their trips as well. It’s only a matter of time.

seascape

I think the ceiling will crash. We used to go every single year sometimes several times a year and with prices for everything just going up we have definitely slowed down. We now go every other year and manage to cut costs by eating Disney food 1 meal a day. Other guests have reduced their trips as well. It’s only a matter of time.
I used to go 3 times a year and now thanks to the Festival of the Arts, we are up to 4 times a year. Plus we still have to eventually make a NYE trip.

seascape

No matter how one looks at Disney it is hitting on almost all cylinders. Yes, ESPN is a minor problem but given the strength of movies and theme Parks it will not matter too much. DVC sales hit the highest January sales, 236,957 points, since DVC news has been tracking them in 2010. They also had a major price increase. Their movie box office is now their largest ever for January and February combines with over a week to go. It is very possible they will top their record January to March quarter by the end of February with A Wrinkle in Time still to come. It is clear Disney will set record earnings this year.

ThemeParkJunkee

I am already priced out and only go every four or five years. There is not enough new to go any more frequently. They are charging for every little convenience as well. Still listen as a stockholder but as a park lover...I always get discouraged. Price increases and stock buybacks during record profits bug the (expletive deleted) out of me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom